Mordian7th

NOVA Open 2017

Registration for NOVA starts February 1st, and the preliminary event packs are up for perusal. The fine folks putting on the events last year have some cool stuff planned for 2017 and I'm looking forward to attending!

With Inferno coming out soon and providing my beloved Thousand Sons with legion rules, perhaps I can avenge my 0 and 7 record from last year, too!

...Though let's be honest, probably not. :D

Victory! Got in to the Opening Salvo on Thursday, the Team Doubles on Friday and the Escalation Campaign on Saturday. After my 0-7 record last year with the Thousand Sons, we're coming back strong this year!

...Mostly because they're going to have actual legion rules this time around, maybe I can pull of a 1-6 record instead! :D

I signed up for the Opening Salvo, Team Doubles, Big Blam, and Escalation events.  Just waiting for Inferno to drop this weekend so I can build out the Custodes.  Going to be a great event again! 

Mordian, we'll have to have to get a T-Sons/Custodes match in at some point that weekend.  Just wouldn't be right without it I think. 

Also my first Nova.  I've signed up for Opening Salvo and the team doubles events.  Will be defecting to Blood Bowl on the Friday night and Saturday before finishing up with some painting tutorials on the Sunday.  Though whether I am sober enough to paint on Sunday morning remains to be seen...

One month out, and I am ready to rumble. Got the Thousand Sons and their Zhao Arkkad cronies packed. Maybe this year they won't go 0-6.

...Nah, who am I kidding - They'll either die like dogs or flee like cowards! :D

Looking forward to seeing y'all there!

Ditto Mordian.  My Custodes are ready to meet you on the field for our rematch.  Looking forward to another great weekend of gaming and hanging out with great people.

I'll have a snout around the FW booth for event-only minis, and will pick up a few for our members who can't make it to the event. At GenCon pickings were slim, just the terminator librarian and the thunder hammer cataphractii dude.

So NOVA was once again the best miniature event that I've ever attended, Littlemen and Warjammy put on an absolutely bad-ass series of linked narrative games! Also once again I realized I'm a terrible photographer, as more than 2/3rds of the pics I took were just garbage. Below are a selection of reasonable shots I was able to salvage. Played a ton of games over the weekend, and managed to beat my 0-7 record from last year and pull down a respectable 2-1-5! And I was only tabled on 4 of the 5 losses! Hah!

Armies on parade (part 1)

HeresyArmies%20(1).jpg

HeresyArmies%20(2).jpg

HeresyArmies%20(3).jpg

HeresyArmies%20(4).jpg

HeresyArmies%20(5).jpg