Scar

Scar's Personal Night Lords

Hey Everyone! :)

Ive been painting so much heresy for clients lately and thought it was time for a personal army!
Always played fantasy and 40k but recently more people at my local club are interested in heresy so i thought it would be nice to make a new army for myself.
After a long long debate with myself on what legion to choose (so many cool legions!!) i ended up with the night lords! :)
This is going to be a very slow progress log since i dont have much time to paint my own models because of all the commissions i have so dont expect me to spam a lot of pictures ;)

Here is a small WIP on my Konrad Curze.
Painting him for a big painting competition in October.
10452823_810734532394280_406021625987213

Stay tuned for more updates

Thanks for all the great comments guys! :)

Then i have a big question for you all!
I took Gold at this years armies on parade and a silver at legions on display (same rules only not a GW event) and thought to make a Night Lords display for next year!
Here is picture of what i have done this year:
12045520_826853294115737_884155784310927

Now i would love some inspiration on what to make so any cool suggestions are more than welcome! :D

Thanks in advance!

Thanks all!

I've been playing some more games lately since i already have about 3.5k models assembled but i have a questions for you all.
Since i like to run Curze on 3k with terror assault rite of war people are building a lot more mechanized armies since they know this is our/my weakness.
And they all think it funny to template Curze and his unit with Typhoon heavy siege tanks in round 1 so that makes the game kinda hard for me.

I know this is our biggest problem when you play the terror rite of war but i want to try and find a solution to this problem.
I have 2 contemptors with grav fists and a levi dread that i drop pod in to get some distraction away from my main force but it is still very hard for me to win these games.

So basicly i feel i'm getting to much anti night lords armies against me but what can i do against it?

What do you guys do with curze when you face a typhoon or mechanized armies?

Thanks in advance!

Oh and i've finished my first 10 man terror squad ill take some pics of them next week! :)

Cheers.

Deep strike Curze close to an enemy unit with a Raptor bodyguard. Take the bolter fire on the chin, then assault the unit. By the time you move onto to hunt something else, hopefully you have dealt with the Typhon with another unit. Need to make sure you're too close to an enemy unit for the Typhon to fire at you, could be risky, but that's all part of it.

Another plan...Storm eagle or some kind of flyer and drop Curze off when its relatively safe to do so, or somewhere out of range of the Typhon.

I'd just make a list where you can be sure you're going to kill that typhoon turn one. The two graviton/fist dreadnoughts definetly helps, that's a reliable way to get rid of at least half of the tyhoon's hp. The other thing I would do is make the most out of your one heavy support slot. Leviathans are great, but it's not the best unit you deal with a typhoon. You could take a deredeo, pretty solid anti tank capabilities, or another choice I've just starting experimenting with-laser destroyer vindicators. Now that vindicators can be taken in squadrons, you could take two laser vindicators, give one power of the machine spirit and you've got a solid long range anti tank choice. The only downside is you lose shots if you move, so you have to deploy your laser destroyers with good fields of fire. There's also the ventator, get one penetrating hit on the typhoon and it can't shoot for a turn. 

Of course you also could just take more graviton, take graviton cannon rapiers, but an immobile unit like rapiers just feels wrong in a terror assault list to me. 

I've used both the Deredo and laser D Vindicator and they both do well!

Also found Sevatar's/damocles reliable termie deep strike ability very handy as you can get your Termie's in close so as not to be targeted.