inhumansolid

The VII legion / Yellow is best!

Hi everyone. I have been gathering an Imperial Fists force since selling my last one. That Imperial Fists army won armies on parade at Bedford GW back in 2011, the first armies on parade event, and i did pretty well at gamesday 2011 as i was invited up to GW HQ for an army photoshoot and interview. It's on white dwarf daily and on the internet.

Again, same as my Iron Hands, i don't have a points list. I just amass what i think is cool and fluffy. By the time i've finished i have enough painted stuff to pick out multiple lists.

I have bought a few ready painted tanks from Olly which i'm going to base the rest of the army's paint scheme against.

So this thread will be about what i'm collecting to paint, how i'm getting on with the painting and a possible a tutorial or two.

YLUnaBS.jpg

So this is one of my legion Praetor's. He is mounted on a forgeworld abadon base - I think. Or is it Loken's base? Not sure. Anyway, so far he has been spray undercoated white over black. Then he's been coated in army painter demonic yellow. I have then highlighted with vallejo flat yellow. Then I have washed casandora yellow from his head to torso and agrax earth shade from torso to feet. I have blended the 2 washes together into a seemless light to dark top to bottom wash.

Next stage metals and blacks. Will do an updated pic tomorrow.

Loving this,especially the character models. I did see an undercoated yellow model in your force with a Manreaper/Scythe....what are your plans for that one? Curious to see where that one goes...

The imperial fists have been severely neglected of late. However, between painting stages and during the drying time of my Iron Hands painting this week I have been pottering about with a 6th contemptor dreadnought. That now totals 6 completed contemptors equaling 2x talons.

AztAuSb.jpg

I have also ordered a load of forgeworld IF shoulder pads as I can't be arsed putting transfers on all the infantry!! Besides, the pads look soo much better. So all the infantry need their right pads taking off. More bits for the bits box.