poom

Redjak Cult Mechanicum

Hey guys, so I recently started building this little mechanicum army...

They are the Redjak Cult Mechanicum, the forces from the Forgeworld of Sarum. As I already have a decent sized World Eater army, they are a natural fit.

So here is the already finished stuff:

MagosPrime10.jpg

MagosPrime11.jpg

Archmagos on Abeyant

MagosPrime12.jpg

Without Abeyant

MagosPrime09.jpg

All the magnetised parts

Assassin0109.jpg

Tech Assassin

Thallax01_10.jpg

Thallax01_11.jpg

Thallax01_12.jpg

Thallax

Poom... are you secretly John Blanche?  Because your minis are so sinister and characterful, they seem to have stepped straight from the artwork.

Your Redjack are *amazing*.  I'm incredibly impressed by that Blood Slaughterer conversion for the abeyant - now I so wish I hadn't sold mine!

I know that magos is one from the skullz promo (I've got one), but ive not seen that abayant before. Is it really a blood slaughterer conversion, if so its amazing. In fact all the units are col, excellent but very neatly carried out conversions.

Where did the skull heads come from?

My pants!

What model is that magos based on?

Like Matus said it is miniature from the Skulz promo from around the year 2000. It aged very nicely, I only cut of a few skulls that where not very detailed, also I replaced the top part of the staff with a Iron Hands Axe and added a mechanic arm from the FW titan priest.

Poom... are you secretly John Blanche?  Because your minis are so sinister and characterful, they seem to have stepped straight from the artwork.

Your Redjack are *amazing*.  I'm incredibly impressed by that Blood Slaughterer conversion for the abeyant - now I so wish I hadn't sold mine!

No I am not :D  But I love his style, so his paintings and miniatures are a big inspiration.

I know that magos is one from the skullz promo (I've got one), but ive not seen that abayant before. Is it really a blood slaughterer conversion, if so its amazing. In fact all the units are col, excellent but very neatly carried out conversions.

Where did the skull heads come from?

The skull heads are servoskulls from this FW Iron Hands backpack:

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/Product/AlternativeFW/xlarge/ihsquad2.jpg

I cut of the wires and recasted them a view times. For the ones with a open mouth I used a skeleton head and glued on the optics from the IH skulls.

Woahhhhhh So awesome holy shit!!!

I love everything. Do you use the Mech Assassin in games?

Not jet, but I want to play here with the officio assassinorum suplement as a Eversor assassin. Of corse it is not allowed to ally a 30k army with a 40k dataslate but as long as it is fluffy and not to cheesy, it is no problem for the people I play against.

Not jet, but I want to play here with the officio assassinorum suplement as a Eversor assassin. Of corse it is not allowed to ally a 30k army with a 40k dataslate but as long as it is fluffy and not to cheesy, it is no problem for the people I play against.

Yeah totally!

One idea, you could make rules for it using the "Malagra" Arcana and the right weapons.. Maybe also a relic?

Magos, Malagra, Cyber Familiar, Nanyte Blaster, Rad Grenades and master crafted powerfist/chainfist to represent the claw?

Lots of options!