betrayer41

Warriors of the Red Sand

Hey guys, i bought some FW heresy models a while back painted a few up in world eater colors, but now im obsessed with the eaters of worlds after reading and listening to betrayer 5 times. I would like to make an my army an accurate (well as accurate as possible) representation of Kharn's 8th company. I was hoping for some help as to what squads this may include. I picked up the new Jump pack destroyer squads at games day, obviously this will be skane. I plan on doing a bear head for skane and greenstuffing metal around his throat where his synthetic vocal chords are. At games day i also picked up two sets of MKIV WE shoulder pads and 2 sets of MKIII WE shoulder pads. Also i got praetors, will i even need these? SO yea long story short, what else should i get to make my list fluffy? thanks guys.......oh also i plan on getting an apothecary for kargos im just not sure which armor. Thanks

Esca, things wouldn't feel right without him, and no as a world eater the Praetor models feel really wrong, rather buy the rampager set and kit bash using that...except the heads...

y8e3mNg.jpg

using bits from the actual khârn model gives him the unique Kharn feel.

http://images.wikia.com/warhammer40k/images/9/96/Kharn_betrayer-internal.jpg

sorta. 

um........wow......how did you do that...that is fantastic.......I know what im doing after i finish my destroyers. Also any advice on squads/vehicles? 

Decapitated Khârns 40k model, I desecrated his Khourne helm by cutting off the bunny ears, I also looted the kneecaps and skull on his chest and put them on his new armour. 

The arm is a marauder arm mixed with some space marine armour with 40k Khârns Gorechild

... oh yeah I added a world eater shoulderpad after this picture was taken

If I had known better I'd have used the Rampager bits

I think the Triarii were not part of the 8th, more like a whole company of their own... and no I don't think they were breacher marines... more like Rampagers and despoiler squads with lots and lots of those gladiatorial weapons. 

bought 8 last night along with their spikey back packs i love those things, and i bought one extra rampager head for skane, as long as i sand down the ears a litle and nose it should work....i couldnt see skane having any head other than a rampgaer

... Didn't he have a sarum pattern helm "Skane looked like he was grinning, but so did every world eater wearing an sarum pattern helm, thought Khârn" or something like it

sure , bit to many teeth. if the triarii captain came under kharns pit punishment n kharns boys dished it out surly he is part of 8th. no comp fully deploys leavin ship undefended. senior oficers deal out punishiment. besides rest o leigon were else where leavin angron, the 8th n the zelot bookbashers.