Evil Space Elves

ESE's 12th Legion

Howdy all. I wanted to post a few pics of my growing World Eaters army. Fell in love with the Angon model, painted it, and decided to paint an army to match! I started painting these in January for the Independent Characters 2014 Hobby Progress Challenge where you paint a 2,000pt force in a year. I sort of got lost to the nails and painted it in 5 months :lol: Link to my log there: http://www.theindependentcharacters.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=79&t=6227

Pics!

Angron

IMG_20131228_112757275.jpg

IMG_20131228_112604176.jpg

Chaplain

IMG_20140328_215821504.jpg

Captain

IMG_20140328_215905078.jpg

First 1,000pts:

IMG_20140328_220744442_HDR.jpg

Contemptor 2:

IMG_20140510_121218275_HDR.jpg

Cataphractii

IMG_20140510_121438862_HDR.jpg

Loves me some autocannons!

IMG_20140517_084357888.jpg

More Scimitar Jetbikes

IMG_20140518_115702115.jpg

That's the first 2,400pts.I have assembled and ready for primer: 10 assault marines, a few more tactical marines, 10 Red Butchers, and a pretty sweet tank with MOAR BOOOOM... I'l post WIP pics once the painting starts. The goal is to have 4,000pts done by the end of this summer.

Comments/critique welcome!

Thanks everyone! This army has been a real treat to paint.

These are beautiful man - every model is packed with character. Special shout to the Scimitars - you've really made those your own. Plus seeing a Chaplain is a bit if a rarity in 30k, love it.
Again, beautiful collection.

Thank you so much. The jetbikes were a joy to paint. Gotta admit- I hated those models until I saw them in person. Didn't actually love them until I painted one. I'm yet to get a game in with them, but am hoping for great things!

I hope to have some assembled pics up late tonight of my assembled/primed assault squad, Red Butchers, and Typhon tank. I have a really weird habit of not assembling something until I am ready to paint it, and hope to break that (and speed up my painting time even more) by having a 1,000pts assembled and primed so that I can keep the momentum going. Should be able to paint all of that up by the end of June no problem.

Getting everything primed for next month's painting blitz:

IMG_20140525_111157977.jpg

I had a lot of fun replacing the heads on a few of the Red Butchers to add a bit of variety. Haven't finish assembly of the Typhon, but really hope to have it together and primed so I can start painting this week.

To be honest, I followed you here!

haha, as soon as I finish my Daemons I can get cranking on the box of 30K I have sitting in the corner of my room constantly calling to me... If the call to Chaos is anything like the call to drop everything and start 30k...I'm a doomed man :/

haha, as soon as I finish my Daemons I can get cranking on the box of 30K I have sitting in the corner of my room constantly calling to me... If the call to Chaos is anything like the call to drop everything and start 30k...I'm a doomed man

I've already started thinking about painting daemons for next year's HPC...I'm screwed

I've decided to paint my Typhon in one week, will post daily updates to keep the motivation rolling.

Day1: Weapons

IMG_20140601_192822670.jpg

Have to highlight the gold and metal tomorrow, hope to get the colors on the hull/gun shield. Will post the day 2 update Monday.

Day 2: (kinda) Progress:

IMG_20140602_211240445.jpg

Had a raging migraine today and couldn't do much until it was late. Airbrushed the charcoal grey followed by P3 Bastion Grey before it was too late to spray any more. The room that I use to paint shares a wall with a neighbor that probably wouldn't appreciate an airbrush compressor rattling away...

I'll hit it with the white and blue tomorrow. I've had problems with airbrushing in the past and was quite relieved that it went good for once! The initial charcoal grey is totally pointless, but I wanted to try out the Minotaire pre-mixed airbrush paint. Works like a charm!

Day 3: Actual Progress!

IMG_20140603_214733144.jpg

Sprayed/highlighted the hull colors today. didn't have time to weather it, but I did get just a little in on the tracks. Tomorrow morning I will have a tiny bit of time before work to perhaps paint the rest of the tracks/other metalic areas, maybe the crewman. Busy day with work followed by the Santa Cruz Warhammer monthly gaming night, but forward progress will continue to make sure it's done by Sunday! Have to say that this tank has been an absolute blast to paint, can't wait to get more to paint!