Sign in to follow this  
Novastar

Change the name of the "traitor forums"

So why are we called traitor? we havnt lost yet, I peronally feel that "Secessionist Legions" is much better and more accurate description. I mean we havnt lost yet and if we win then the "Loyalist Legions" can be renamed to the "False Faith Legions" or something just as punitive. Whos with me my brothers? For enlightenment, for freedom, for the WARMASTER!!!!

Sorry Nova but until we win the Heresy (which unless FW or BL changes cannon we never will : ( ) we technically are traitors since we betrayed the false emperor and our brother legions. However if somehow we win the heresy the that means we get to write the history books and call ourselves what ever we want. And besides the name Succesionists legions sounds like a bunch pu**ies who are going to go back to daddy and say sorry we made a mistake plez forgive us and don't expunge us from all imperial records like our 2 brothers.

Are you after equal opportunities? Is not the ascendancy to immortal daemon hood not good enough? 

Well, lets look at this differently, you are "Loyal to the Old Powers" and we are "Loyal to the Corpse Emperor".

You are Traitors to Humanity, but believe that secular truth was a self evident lie (Fair enough)

Whereas we are traitors to Humanity by denying the existance of Gods, yet follow one (again fair enough)

How about "Loyalists" and "Anarchists".

I vote No.

Nobody's going to know what the hell "Secessionist Legions" and "False Faith Legions" means; you'll probably have a bunch of white supremacists showing up trying to join the Secessionist Legion and make the 'South rise again.'  And you'll have militant Pasta-farians (if there are any) trying to join the False Faith Legion.  

The common usage that everyone familiar with the GW universe and Horus Heresy knows and understands is "Loyalist" and "Traitor."  It 'aint broke, lets not fix it.

I vote No.

Nobody's going to know what the hell "Secessionist Legions" and "False Faith Legions" means; you'll probably have a bunch of white supremacists showing up trying to join the Secessionist Legion and make the 'South rise again.'  And you'll have militant Pasta-farians (if there are any) trying to join the False Faith Legion.  

The common usage that everyone familiar with the GW universe and Horus Heresy knows and understands is "Loyalist" and "Traitor."  It 'aint broke, lets not fix it.

well one this is a about 30k so even though you do bring up a famous group of secessionist, technically any group of people who opt to over throw thier government is a secessionist, before there was blue vs grey it was blue vs red lol but i digress, I do see traitor in a negative light even in angel exterminatus perterabo forbids the IW from using that term, and only a few people knew about daemonhood or chaos gods. grunt 085 in company L3 of the Sons of Horus would have no idea for instance.Traitor Legions while being accepted cannon for 40k doesnt have to bleed over to our beloved 30k i just wish to cast off such a negative descriptor, My SoH force is bringing justice to the emperor who betrayed the ideals of the crusade and fled to terra to let others do the hard work for him

Sorry Nova but until we win the Heresy (which unless FW or BL changes cannon we never will : ( ) we technically are traitors since we betrayed the false emperor and our brother legions. However if somehow we win the heresy the that means we get to write the history books and call ourselves what ever we want. And besides the name Succesionists legions sounds like a bunch pu**ies who are going to go back to daddy and say sorry we made a mistake plez forgive us and don't expunge us from all imperial records like our 2 brothers.

How does Succenionist Legions make us sound like pussies? That is an accurate word for what the "traitor" legions are doing. Traitor makes us sound like a bunch of dumb dick wads who sold government secrets to russia

Sorry I guess my post came off a little strong" By definition Succenionist means a person who thinks that a nation, state, etc., should separate from another and become independent. Which is not what were doing, we are not just with withdrawing from the Imperium and creating our own empire we are conquering the whole entire imperium. With the example you used with the Revolution and civil wars they both were trying to break off and create their own country they were not trying take over the whole whole British empire or United States. So when I say successionist sounds weak its because we have bigger balls then they do we are trying to take over the whole imperium not just break a piece of it off which is much harder to do. So if you want change our name call us something rebel legions but in my opinion traitor legions fits us perfectly.

We aren't traitors.

The real traitor went back to Terra, leaving a job half done, turned it over to bureaucrats and spent hobby time with Xenos tech after realising there were bigger creatures then him in the universe and he had done a number on them and they may want payback ;).

Nova, by all means, write "The Secessionist Army of Truth and Justice" or whatever all over your SoH force.  

The words "Traitor" and "Loyalist" are also common usage in the 30K community; if you say you play Loyalist Emperors Children nobody asks "do you mean loyal to the Emperor, or loyal to Horus?"  It's understood.  We mess with that paradigm of common understanding at our peril - it's probably not a good thing to have a fan blog where none of the fans know what you're talking about.

I say again - it aint' broke.  We don't need to fix it.

Sorry I guess my post came off a little strong" By definition Succenionist means a person who thinks that a nation, state, etc., should separate from another and become independent. Which is not what were doing, we are not just with withdrawing from the Imperium and creating our own empire we are conquering the whole entire imperium. With the example you used with the Revolution and civil wars they both were trying to break off and create their own country they were not trying take over the whole whole British empire or United States. So when I say successionist sounds weak its because we have bigger balls then they do we are trying to take over the whole imperium not just break a piece of it off which is much harder to do. So if you want change our name call us something rebel legions but in my opinion traitor legions fits us perfectly.

okay you got me there, I do like the sound of the Big Balls legions lol

Nova, by all means, write "The Secessionist Army of Truth and Justice" or whatever all over your SoH force.  

The words "Traitor" and "Loyalist" are also common usage in the 30K community; if you say you play Loyalist Emperors Children nobody asks "do you mean loyal to the Emperor, or loyal to Horus?"  It's understood.  We mess with that paradigm of common understanding at our peril - it's probably not a good thing to have a fan blog where none of the fans know what you're talking about.

I say again - it aint' broke.  We don't need to fix it.

I guess the terms are very much ingrained in our thinking at this point, oh well ill be in the workshop "fixing it" lol

The big issue here, is that the "Loyalists" are homogeneous, they believe in the Big E and keeping the Imperium going.

Horus's band is all over the place...and completely incoherent.

1.  Emperors Children want to ***k everything that moves for giggles.

2.  1K sons aren't even sure what happened, their boss made a Phone call home and suddenly there were wolves everywhere.

3.  World Eaters want to kill everything - no exceptions.

4.  Night lords want to run around scaring everyone likes it halloween.

5.  Lorgar and his boys want to talk about religion all the time *keep it in church man!*

6.  Death Guard just want to infect and be infected and develop uber-immunity

7.  Sons of Horus, are sick of repainting their armour (seriously 3 times in less than a decade!). 

8.  The Iron Warriors - Just want to fight with the Imperial Fists.

9.  The Alpha Legion - Well not even Horus or the Chaos God's know what these "Jack Bauer" types are doing.

They are more like Anarchists