Raglan

Will Mortarion eventually come out of the Loyalist cosset?

There must be some loyalist death guard chapter that still exists in 40K. But we just don't know it. Is that possible?

It could be cool to Mortarion get into a fight with nurgle, due to his loss at konor. Nugle wins of course, and strips mortarion of his power as a lesson. But then some unknown chapter rushes in and rescues the primarch.

Could be good for some twists and turns!

There must be some loyalist death guard chapter that still exists in 40K. But we just don't know it. Is that possible?!

Yes.

The Council of Terra kept samples of all the gene-seed from all the Legions. Following the Heresy and the subsequent Foundings there are heavy hints that some Chapters were created from traitor Legion gene-seed. Two of the bigger hints are the Silver Skulls from the Iron Warriors and the Minotaurs from Emperors' Children.

We also know several traitor companies stayed loyal (Dantioch of the Iron Warriors being the more famous example). In a galaxy where several companies from the parent Legion are spread out, there is no doubt that some traitor companies stayed loyal and were accepted (with close monitoring) into the Imperium. With record-keeping so poor in the Imperium, it would be easy for these companies to erase their tainted past.

In the novel "Dark Imperium" Belesaruis Land ehm Cawl is asking G-Man if he can also use the "heretic Legions" genseed to create Primaris marines. They could easily create the Primaris Death Guard and call it a day

I hope that never happens. I know anything is possible in 40k, but having a Daemon Primarch become a shining beacon of loyalty and virtue would take a lot of grimness and darkness out of the grim darkness of the 41st millenium. As far as my taste in 40k is concerned: The more irredeemably f-ed everything is, the more I enjoy it.

So a Deamon Primarch suddenly becoming normal again would be odd, at this point I could see it. GW is going for a light in the darkness vibe it seems now.

Sadly I doubt my favorite Traitor Primarch will be switching sides any time soon. Magnus is just too broken, too bitter and too many of the shards of his soul that still felt loyal to the Emperor have been destroyed.

I know you're just joking about but the Magnus did nothing wrong thing is very tiresome. It does the legion and the tragedy a total disservice. 

They did wrong, they fucked up, they thought they knew better. They didn't. It's a shame, they didn't deserve what happened to them but then they really fucked it up for themselves.

They did wrong, they fucked up, they thought they knew better. They didn't. It's a shame, they didn't deserve what happened to them but then they really fucked it up for themselves.

Sorry bud, are you talking about the Heresy or this gentleman? 

kim-jong-un-acme-meme-56a754c33df78cf772

i actually like the narrative of Morty coming back to the Loyalist side, it is after all not his fault that DG turned, that weasel Typhus... 

My 30k DG play as Loyalist in 40k, I don't care, I'm just not at all into the current DG thing and I've never been into the 40k view of Chaos outside of Daemons, if someone wants fluff around it for 40k its along the lines of 'yadda, yadda, warp storm, yadda, yadda, time travel/time loop, something something, mechanicum, wossname wossname, warp rift, bada boom, bada bing DEATH GUARD without silly spikes (and bloody nurglings)!' (when I'm playing proper narrative that does become more detailed, honest)

I know i'm a bit late but you also have blood ravens which I think are supposed to be thousand sons.

And in regards to the traitor legions/primarchs turning loyal again, Its possible but not likely from an outsider view.  If they go to the imperium they are likely to get zapped by the many flashlights of the guard or maybe even get banished by the ordo malleus, in fact any inquisition aspect would be a big no no. But maybe if they go to Robute they could stand a chance on a brother to brother note. But then this raises issues between the ultramarines and the inquisition. The inquisition could state that they have conspired with traitors and theyfore are traitors themselves leading to a three way war. Full Chaos, Traitors and Inquisiton Imperium. Only for the Emperor to reincarnate or what ever and go WTF!? is going on here.  

I thought the Minotaurs were world eaters. Red scorpions are emperors children are they Not?

The Minotaurs are not WE (well not pure anyway), they're Iron Warriors; their chapter trait in 7th was the same as the IW legion rules. There's a small note in their fluff that their geneseed might be chimeric, but there is a ton of hints pointing to IW (other then their trait). Moloc is described as being bitter and paranoid, their original tactics when they were unleashed consisted of of a heavy bombardment followed by assault before their disappearance and re-appearance as lackeys of the High Lords of Terra. They are noted for their loyalty to the High Lords and to their chapter master, some thing the factitious World Eaters were not noted for.

Also both the Minotaurs and the IW have a bit of a greek theme.

Their orginal color scheme was hazard stripes. 

But off-topic sorry.

I know i'm a bit late but you also have blood ravens which I think are supposed to be thousand sons.

I thought this was put to bed by one of the black library writers? I thought they came out (ADB?) And actually stated that they weren't from thousand sons?