Sign in to follow this  
Raglan

Heresy Time-line and Daemon Engines?

From Book 8 we'll start (if the FW team keep with the original plan) to see the Dark Mechancium playing more with Warp entities as power sources. These (in narrative if not in rules) will start to show certain side-effects like hightened aggression, need for blood, kine shields etc. There have already been a few hints for this - Book 4 has an awesome picture of a Knight using Warp power to fuel the chassis.

However, these are still early stages of the Dark Mechanicum experiments - in terms of full-on Daemon engines like the Maulderfiend, Heldrake, Brass Scorpion etc these probably won't be available until around the Sol Campaign. Some of the earlier descriptions of the Terran Siege did describe Khornate Daemon-engines operating alongside Titan Legions to breach the walls.

I'm looking forward to anything like this come out, even without official rules. I like the idea that you have these Tech Priests that are shown the wonders of the warp and the creatures that live there and their first reaction is, lets chain them up inside a boiler and use it to power robots. 

The brass scorpion is fantastic and next up I'm working on a decimator to go alongside my Word Bearers and Mechanicum. 

Mark Bedford discussed at this stage the DM don't know the Warp hasn't entities within it - they just use it as a power source. It's not until some of these batteries start gaining awareness and side-effects that the DM begin to really investigate the Warp properly.

I'm looking forward to anything like this come out, even without official rules. I like the idea that you have these Tech Priests that are shown the wonders of the warp and the creatures that live there and their first reaction is, lets chain them up inside a boiler and use it to power robots. 

The brass scorpion is fantastic and next up I'm working on a decimator to go alongside my Word Bearers and Mechanicum. 

I think DM allies for the Word Bearers and Iron Warriors are very thematic.  

In the battle of Bodt in book 6 there are several mentions of traitor mechanicum walkers "Possessed of outsized combat claws and propelled across the wastes by disturbingly articulated limbs". They're noted as being really hard to put down and using warp fields rather than atomantic shielding. When I first read it the blood slaughterer of Khorne came to mind. But really any of the FW daemon engines fit the bill IMO.

either way it will be interesting to see what FW does with it. Will Daemon engines follow suit as to how they are now being actual vehichles- or will they be treated as MCs like alot of the other Mech bots.

I know the answer in 8th edition  ;)