Sign in to follow this  
SecretGeek

Making a start on the 1st Legion

Hi all,

After painting up 6000 pts of Alpha Legion and 3500pts of Salamanders i've decided to make a start on my favourite Legion with the hope that it should be ready to play games with once Angelus drops in February?!

So far i've just painted up a couple of units and don't really have a full list planned as of yet but my hope is that i will eventually have enough to run Ravenwing Protocol and Ironwing (and whatever new RoW's we may get in Angelus. 

I've got a lightning, a dreadclaw, 10 jetbikes to paint up before i start planning the next purchases, any ideas would be appreciated to help flesh out the lists for either RoW. 

Here's some pics of what i have completed so far 

Dark Angels

Dark Angels

Dark Angels

Si

Si2

Si5

Si6

Si7

Si

Si1

Si2

Si3

Si4

good jod, thanks for sharing

as you allready said it would be better wait for angelus to come before thinking about "the list". 

but if you want to run the ironwing protocol probably you will want to add some tank or some dreadnought.  

yeah i'm initially going to finish off the Ravenwing first as its different to my other 2 armies but i'm holding off on vets and infantry as i think we get some kick ass special units. as for ironwing i fancy doing a predator and vindicator heavy list 

Really great work! I think I've seen some of your work on facebook recently, amazing stuff really.   Do you mind if I ask what you are using for the dusty effect on your models?

Great looking lightning.  You got some great effects on a black model which is really difficult.  Well done!

stunning lightninig set the bench mark for the rest of us

Thanks chaps i appreciate the comments, its pretty tricky to get the contrast of the weathering against the black but the dust is fairly straight forward. i make an oil wash with a mix of yellow, white, raw and burnt umber to get a sandy looking colour and then do a pin wash with that i then airbrush on a similar looking sandy colour using really thinned down acrylics and do several thin layers to build it up. 

cheers dude, it's fairly straight forward i make an oil wash with a mix of yellow, white, raw and burnt umber to get a sandy looking colour and then do a pin wash with that i then airbrush on a similar looking sandy colour using really thinned down acrylics.