Sign in to follow this  
Bitzforthebitzgod

Ironwing and herald

NO. (at least i don't believe so).

Refer to the Legion Consuls rule top of page 19 in the AoDAL - to take a ROW you need a Praetor or Primarch.

Unless there a special DA rule that i don't know...which i admit is more possible.

I believe a Delegatus is the only consul that can substitute for a Praetor or Primarch.

You need someone with the Master of the Legion-rule. Praetors and Primarchs have that, as does Delegatus. So pick one of those to lead your force, and then pick a single RoW. 

If Ironwing makes Vet Squads troops, then yes. If Ironwing doesnt do that, you need to choose between having vets as troops and using the ironwing, as you can only hever have a single RoW. They are still scoring, however, as they have implacable advance. 

Nataniael is correct on all counts, I would add that terminators also have implacable advance, effectively making them a " troop " unit too. I'm very much looking forward to the next book, Angelus, as that will round out our rule set nicely, and perhaps give us some more options for ROW. And a Primarch of our own ... sigh ....