Sign in to follow this  
Grubnar

Plastic Heresy - My first Iron Warrior

Well, I finally did it!
After giving up (for now) on my Sons of Horus, and Blood Angels, I finally painted a model I am happy with.
An Iron Warrior.

It is a plastic Mk III "Iron" Armour from the "Burning of Prosbero boxed set. With an Iron Warrior shoulder pad from Forge World, and a spiked shoulder pad from Master Crafted Minatures.
I primed it black, then gave it a base coat of Leadbelcher, and a layer of Runefang Steel, picked out the gild trim with Retributer Armour, wshed everything with Nuln Oil, painted the eye lenses with Spiritstone Red, and finally based him with Armageddon Dust, shaded with Agrax Earthshade.

19113571_1413169095418190_98037416014476

19030695_1413169102084856_53684931879315

19113997_1413169098751523_88914965831343

So what do you think, is this tabletop ready? Have any hints, tips, or constructive criticism?

I have those spiked shoulder pads, they'll be coming to my iWarriors too! 

I second the idea of weathering powders, I'm new to this party but it certainly makes a difference. 

Very nice mate. I'd likely add some weathering powders to match your base, around the feet area. It will really make a difference and it's real simple to do.

I have never used those. What kind of powder should I use? Forge World sell Dark Sand, and Light Earth, I guess those are closest to the color of my base?

Nice job on the marine buddy, but in future, I would recommend painting them in batches of 20 marines, the Iron Warrior scheme is perfect for this method of painting. 

Oh yeah. This was just a test model. I wanted to see if I would like this colour scheme. And since I do, I will be painting more of them at a time now.