#1421 Ripper.McGuirl

Ripper.McGuirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts
  • LocationRogues Island, USA

Posted 02 August 2017 - 06:19 PM

Yeah, they are pretty great rules. They drip with character, are effective, and are unique. Perfect blend of rule-making.

Looking forward to rules for Alpha Legion. I will be happy to use my 30k army for 40k games.

• IamOmegon likes this

MASTER OF SIGNALS IS PULLING THE STRINGS/ DROPPING THE BOMBS AND WRECKING YOUR THINGS

My Alpha Legion Thread | My Salamander Thread

#1422 fezza213

fezza213

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 06:47 AM

Those nightlord rules are pretty crazy, potentially (from what they have said) a -5 to your leadership (legion trait plus stratagems plus warlord trait). Imagine if you had an elite unit of something like centurions, LD7/8(with serg) becomes LD2/3. You lose one model during the turn and then for morale you are losing a second centurion on a 3+ (2+ without the serg) and both on a 3+/4+. Hordes will suffer but I think it is elite units that will struggle against nightlords.

I love it though, to me that is an almost perfect way of doing it. You are only going to get the -5 with your warlord/command points but even a potential -3 is still worrying.

Fez

#1423 Mounty_chris

Mounty_chris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,946 posts
  • LocationBristol

Posted 03 August 2017 - 11:38 AM

Yeah. The downside is most forces have ways to mitigate morale. Commisars/ synapse or just taking single models.
Also, anyone can auto pass morale with CP. But night lords can really pile of the pressure and CP should evaporate pretty quickly.

#1424 fezza213

fezza213

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 07:36 AM

Yeah. The downside is most forces have ways to mitigate morale. Commisars/ synapse or just taking single models.
Also, anyone can auto pass morale with CP. But night lords can really pile of the pressure and CP should evaporate pretty quickly.

True, but you can only burn one CP per phase so at most they can auto pass a single morale check. If you take 3+ models off 3-4 units suddenly they have to make some strategic choices as to which unit to autopass.

#1425 Mounty_chris

Mounty_chris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,946 posts
  • LocationBristol

Posted 04 August 2017 - 05:26 PM

Alpha Legion warlord trait  
When your warlord dies you can select a new character to become your warlord. Opponent cannot get slay the warlord as long as you have characters alive to assign

oh and Black legion. Sigh. Decent but some of thier stuff is just Ultramarine copy paste but made worse.

https://www.warhamme...omepage-post-2/

#1426 BrotherOracle

BrotherOracle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 07:05 PM

I'm a fan of the black legion trait to be honest, I think it's solid.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users