#1121 Anurien

Anurien

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,083 posts
  • LocationAberdeen, Scotland

Posted 23 May 2017 - 02:42 PM

If you took the Twin Assault Bolters of the Inceptors and glued them side by side....that's a Storm bolter

#1122 bama

bama

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 02:57 PM

I can't see the FW rules being free. Why make the books if you are going to give the rules away for free. I know people say it because of the fluff, but I own everyone IA book released. When it comes to the vehicle books such as 1 and 2, there are only maybe 2-3 paragraphs of fluff. The campaign books though are mostly fluff.

#1123 kaleb daark

kaleb daark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 03:18 PM

The same way that AoS rules are free to download for every model but you can buy the grand alliance books with the whole faction broad stroke in, or the individual factions like iron jaws and blades of khorne.

They'll release the data card for free, if you want more you pay. Everyone wins.

#1124 Hivenet

Hivenet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 09:36 PM

Wheres the best place to put the helmet that protects that most important brain?

On your leg of course. Ffs. Guess that thigh is super protected.

Relative to all the other helmetless marines who just seem to forgo them entirely? 

I personally quite like that they actually put the Helmet in a place that would make sense for a guy whose just taken his helmet off for whatever reason to put it. As opposed to the old RPG style backpack, where you can just randomly hide it away anywhere till it's need. 

OT: All looks pretty sweet, other than the weird gleeful smiles of the plague Zombies. The Primaris marines are pretty understated for 40k marines. 

Cool thing however will be the eventual Death Guard and Primaris kits. Because if one notices the Nurgle stuff is missing that big imposing Manreaper like Scythe in this box.... 

#1125 m0nolith

m0nolith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 720 posts
  • LocationVancouver, Canada

Posted 23 May 2017 - 10:11 PM

Wheres the best place to put the helmet that protects that most important brain?
On your leg of course. Ffs. Guess that thigh is super protected.

30 years of trying to justify helmetless SM, and there still isn't a decent justification for it other than it looks good :P
Fashion over function!

Formerly known as Proximo

gallery_86352_12089_1713.jpg

Instagram : m0nolith_

#1126 Ancient Crixus

Ancient Crixus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 10:41 PM

Those Nurgle minis look absolutely terrible - so cartoonish.

I agree. they might look better with a more grimdark palette though. That said not sure there'll be anything that can be done about that psyker. It looks like an angry baby hurling poop.
  • bluecthulhu likes this

#1127 Alaric

Alaric

Forgefather

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 10:44 PM

I actually like helmet-less marines. It reminds me of When We Were Soldiers (Mel gibson movie bout Vietnam, great flick) and the old grey haired dude is standing in the jungle with a pistol, completely unafraid, popping viet cong like tic tacs cuz he refuses to use the sissy M16. THAT is fuckin brave as shit and how I picture mehreens. 

Would have preferred to see dude grabbing a clip or pulling a pistol compared to protecting his thigh is all I was saying there Hivenet. Don't take me so serious dude. 

#1128 Hivenet

Hivenet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:45 AM

Would have preferred to see dude grabbing a clip or pulling a pistol compared to protecting his thigh is all I was saying there Hivenet. Don't take me so serious dude. 

No worries :)

I was just a little bemused considering this is the first marine I can think of who whilst helmetless has a helmet within reach, so I assumed it was the usual complaint of 'helmetless marines are bad'. 

We can all agree helmet less marines satisfy the rule of cool, and that's the important thing. 

• Alaric likes this

#1129 drweir4

drweir4

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:26 PM

Marines don't wear helmets so they can be killed by guard snipers in awesome fluff! (see the gaunt's ghost books)

They don't wear helmets because of their hubris and arrogance - as 30k players we should be the last to forget that marines in all their forms are deeply flawed creatures....

• Thoth likes this

#1130 firstsilentprophet

firstsilentprophet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts
  • LocationAuckland, Eastern Australia

Posted Yesterday, 11:26 PM

The Pramaris tacticals look fantastic. Not sold on the assault marines. They look a little like Gundam to me.

Dont like the Nurgle stuff at alll. They look far too cartoony for me.

I am little iffy on the assault marines also. But I think after 25years of the same style, new things take time to grow on me.

I don't want to spend any cash on these though - want to start on a 30K mech army....aghhhh!

"We are the greatest humans ever born – we are the flame of Humanity where the rest of the galaxy is just the spark. In centuries of warfare, against the vileness of the alien, the lies of the heretic, the foulness of the mutant, I have never known fear –" Sanguinius in the battle for Terra.

#1131 Excessus

Excessus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,038 posts
  • LocationMalmö, Sweden

Posted Yesterday, 11:36 PM

I knew I recognized those assault marines from somewhere...they're SC2 Reapers!

'In war, it is only the truly foolish who seek conflict and death purely for its own sake; the sword is a tool of the warrior-scholar just as is the pen, and neither should be wielded without first understanding that which the wielder seeks to gain from their actions'

Wisdom graven on the steps of the Great Library of Tizca

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Relentless