Dibdab666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts
  • LocationNottingham

Posted 19 April 2017 - 05:48 PM

Been having a blonde moment

(no offence to intelligent blonde people)

Been trying to work out my HQ

If I take a Centurion and Command Squad

Does this count as 2 HQ choices 1 for each?

or

Can the Centurion be attached to the Command Squad and be 1 HQ choice

Ta

#2 Penddraig

Penddraig

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,205 posts
  • LocationArlesey, Bedfordshire

Posted 19 April 2017 - 06:00 PM

Command Squads always count as part of the HQ slot as the HQ unit they are bought for and don't count as a HQ selection.

I thought you could only buy a Command Squad for a model that had Master of the Legion though?
  • Durfast likes this
"Let us speak now of the death of kings..." - Richard II
Sons of Horus 131st Company "The Kingslayers" http://aus30k.com/30...itle=L-XVI-3752
"Better to reign in Hell then serve in Heaven!" - John Milton, Paradise Lost

#3 Kardayel

Kardayel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 06:02 PM

I thought you could only buy a Command Squad for a model that had Master of the Legion though?

Indeed so only for Praetor or Delegatus

#4 Dibdab666

Dibdab666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts
  • LocationNottingham

Posted 19 April 2017 - 06:21 PM

ta

completely missed the box in the right hand corner of the second page

all good now

list writing continues

• Durfast likes this

#5 Vasara

Vasara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • LocationEspoo, Finland

Posted 20 April 2017 - 06:11 AM

Any Special Character with Warlord rule is enough so some Centurions are good too. 

And no they don't take a HQ slot.

#6 Caillum

Caillum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • LocationPerth, WA

Posted 21 April 2017 - 12:12 AM

Any Special Character with Master of the Legion rule is enough so some Centurions are good too.

FTFY.

#7 Mounty_chris

Mounty_chris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,891 posts
  • LocationBristol

Posted 21 April 2017 - 05:07 AM

But they are 'HQ' right?

The reason I say that is I've heard people say that a command squad taken by a Primarch is part of the Lord of War selection and counts towards your 25% allowance, but I don't see any reason that would be the case (other than battlescribe says so lol)

#8 Vasara

Vasara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • LocationEspoo, Finland

Posted 21 April 2017 - 06:30 AM

FTFY.

My iBooks army list says IC with Warlord rule can take Command Squad (written in command squad entry). Is it written differently in paper book? 

That means For example Chaplain Consul can take one if he is your Warlord

#9 Mounty_chris

Mounty_chris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,891 posts
  • LocationBristol

Posted 21 April 2017 - 06:59 AM

Huh.. Yeah my epub version says Warlord too.. never noticed that!

It is also part of the Master of the Legion rule that you can take a command squad.

I have a feeling that warlord is a mistake, but it doesn't exactly conflict so both could be correct

#10 Thoth

Thoth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 07:48 AM

Deleted. Shouldn't respond to things when I'm tired...

"In war, it is only the truly foolish who seek conflict and death purely for its own sake; the sword is a tool of the warrior-scholar just as the pen, and neither should be wielded without first understanding that which the wielder seeks to gain from their actions." - Wisdom graven on the steps of the Great Library of Tizca

"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Ahzek Ahriman

"Seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill." - Gildor Inglorion of the House of Finrod, Three is Company

"Everybody has opinions: I have them, you have them. And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, that’s horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, it’s nothing. It’s just bibble-babble. It’s like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." - Harlan Ellison

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” - Marcus Aurelius

"History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon." - Attributed to Napoleon Bonaparte

"He may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot, but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot." - Groucho Marx

#11 Caillum

Caillum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • LocationPerth, WA

Posted 21 April 2017 - 03:26 PM

Hmmm... it says Warlord in the Command Squad box-out and Master of the Legion in the Master of the Legion box-out. Not that most people would take multiple squads, so it shouldn't matter which way you go.

As for slot, it is in always a part of the unit it is attached to:
- Praetor from one of your HQ slots? The CS is a part of the same HQ slot.
- Same goes for a Command Squad taken for a Primarch from your Lords of War slot. This does increase the points, meaning you might not be able to fit it in with the 25% rule.

#12 Mounty_chris

Mounty_chris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,891 posts
  • LocationBristol

Posted 27 April 2017 - 03:55 PM

Wait.. sometimes you have to read something four times to understand it.

In the Retinue box out, it says Preator or a special character with the warlord rule.

This does not include any warlord, so a centurion/consul warlord wouldn't unlock it.

Special characters with the warlord rule are.. pretty sure all also have master of the legion, so it's a bit redundant.
  • Durfast likes this

#13 Spudasaurous

Spudasaurous

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 08:10 AM

I thought it was any HQ with master of the legion...

I've been trying figure out if you can take multiple command squads.

#14 Mounty_chris

Mounty_chris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,891 posts
  • LocationBristol

Posted 02 May 2017 - 08:25 AM

Yes, any master of the legion can take a command squad. I don't see any restriction (but it might eat into your LoW allowance, sigh)

I feel dirty for even asking this, but can a Master of Armour take a command squad? For very arbitrary reasons this could be useful.

#15 Caillum

Caillum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • LocationPerth, WA

Posted 02 May 2017 - 12:35 PM

The rules make it pretty clear:

"...counting as a HQ choice and for the purposes of selecting this Rite of War only, counts as having the Master of the Legion rule allowing this rite to be taken." Emphasis mine.

If the Master of Armour was more like Castrmen Orth, you could argue the point (as he's still an Infantry model with unique rules). But having a Command Squad for a Tank? Nope. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users