Photo

Gaming scene in the bay area / Sacramento?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Walnuts

Walnuts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 07:51 PM

Does anyone on this board know what the 30k scene is like in Sacramento / the bay area? Are there any Facebook groups I should join or physical stores I should check out?

I'm a Chicago native who is BLESSED to have access amazing 30k scene, but I'm driving out to Sacramento and spending the summer there. Since I'm traveling by car, taking my army with won't be too much trouble, and getting in a few games while I'm out there would probably legit help with inevitable homesickness (and ya know, be fun). 

Anyway, with all the tech-nerds out there these days there better be something! 

• Mandithync likes this

#2 ChildofFang

ChildofFang

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 09:35 PM

The Bay Area has a pretty good scene from what I know - exactly where I can't help with but The Independent Characters talk about some stores and groups out there, I would ask on their fb as apart from Game Castle I can't remember any specific locations and they are south of San Fran. 

TheImperialTruth.com - The Horus Heresy podcast

After Ullanor - The Horus Heresy book review podcast

Follow me on twitter @ChildofFang

#3 Greenjester1134

Greenjester1134

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 01:09 AM

Bay Area Horus Heresy Gamers is the FB group. I know there's a pretty decent scene at Endgame in Oakland. And I'm always looking for more people to play with in South Bay.

#4 Tomalock

Tomalock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationReno, NV

Posted 15 April 2017 - 04:56 AM

I played against a couple folks from the Bay Area at the LVO this year and they all talked about a pretty solid 30k scene. I am not so sure about Sac, but we have a group in Reno that plays so if you ever make it east over the hill just let us know and I am sure we can set up games at one of the LGS'.

#5 Walnuts

Walnuts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 04:10 PM

Thanks guys, and I'll def check those out! 
Hopefully I can get in some games with y'all. I'll be living in Sacramento, but don't mind driving a few hours for a game if it gives me an excuse to spend some time in San Fran or Reno. 

#6 ChildofFang

ChildofFang

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 04:27 PM

Spoke to Carl and Great Escape games is supposed to be the 'best' place to go in the Sacremento area but i'm sure you will get loads more info from the above groups.

TheImperialTruth.com - The Horus Heresy podcast

After Ullanor - The Horus Heresy book review podcast

Follow me on twitter @ChildofFang

#7 Tomalock

Tomalock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationReno, NV

Posted 17 April 2017 - 12:02 AM

Great Escape is a really nice store, just not sure what sort of 30k community they have there personally. I used to travel there for tournaments of 40k and Fantasy a few years ago, but I don't make the trek very often any more. Their gaming space is huge though, so I would recommend checking it out if nothing else!

#8 woozl

woozl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 04:28 PM

Will second that Bay Area Horus Heresy Gamers is the relevant FB group.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users