#1 Mounty_chris

Mounty_chris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,685 posts
  • LocationBristol

Posted 08 April 2017 - 05:44 PM

So I'd quite like to use daemons with a traitor legion force.

Currently this is only ever seen with Word bearers. But .. a bit of brainstorming and there are a couple of other ways to get daemons with non word bearer traitor legions.

Allied Word Bearers. Use the WBs to summon. simple.

Shattered legions - word bearers
Either use the WB to summon.
Or a bit more complicated, have a WB warlord and construct a Dark Brethren list, opening up a daemon allied slot. (Or use a WB special character. Erebus doesn't really fit the shattered legion vibe, but Zardu maybe)

Cult Militia primary with allied legion.
With a cult horde/ tainted flesh primary you can take some rogue psykers who can summon daemons. Unfortunately they don't fit in an allied detachment.

Army of dark compliance - cult horde/tainted flesh. This allows you to mix legion units with cult Militia. You can just about fit a rogue psyker for summoning. You could then ally WB for another summoner or (I think) ally a daemon detachment, as daemon allies are unlocked by tainted flesh/cult horde.

Enough raving, are any of these valid suggestions?
  • dracossumo likes this

#2 Penddraig

Penddraig

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,879 posts
  • LocationArlesey, Bedfordshire

Posted 08 April 2017 - 08:00 PM

If your gaming group is a more narrative-driven style, then you could just use the deamon codes with the Age of Darkness FoC's. This would allow them to be used as either a primary detachment or as an allied force. Just miss out the formations as they are not intended for Age of Darkness games.

Book VIII will also be giving out full rules for daemonic forces and FW have already suggested that the core army list will be the current codex as daemons don't change over time as the Warp is eternal.
"Let us speak now of the death of kings..." - Richard II
Sons of Horus 131st Company "The Kingslayers" http://aus30k.com/30...itle=L-XVI-3752
"Better to reign in Hell then serve in Heaven!" - John Milton, Paradise Lost

#3 bravofour

bravofour

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • LocationFort Wayne IN USA

Posted 09 April 2017 - 02:24 AM

Cult Militias can actually ally with Daemons without summoning and are treated as fellow warriors. Also says vice versa, which implies you can bring Daemons as standalone.
Page 68 of the red book Crusade Imperialis

#4 Mounty_chris

Mounty_chris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,685 posts
  • LocationBristol

Posted 15 April 2017 - 01:05 PM

Book VIII will also be giving out full rules for daemonic forces

Yeah here's hoping they come up with some cool stuff.

If your gaming group is a more narrative-driven style, then you could just use the deamon codes with the Age of Darkness FoC's. This would allow them to be used as either a primary detachment or as an allied force.

Haha obviously the right answer, but if I turn up with daemons I think it would usually be a "uhh no." situation.

Cult Militias can actually ally with Daemons without summoning and are treated as fellow warriors. Also says vice versa, which implies you can bring Daemons as standalone.
Page 68 of the red book Crusade Imperialis

Yeah this is useful for a milita/daemon list. Not sure if it is OK with a Dark compliance list.

I'm going to try and do a Thousand Sons/Word Bearers shattered legion list, with Zardu as warlord unlocking daemon allies. I think this works.. otherwise structuring the list as Dark Brethren isn't too hard.

Big decision is to use Proper Word bearer allies or really messed up flesh change sons as counts as.

Also allied detachment doesn't give many options to include daemons... All my favourite stuff is in the HQ slot!

I have way too many ideas....

Bloodthirster
Bloodcrushers
Bloodletters
Flesh hounds
Blood Slaughterers.

Fateweaver
Horrors
Daemon Prince (robes)

1-4 Tzeentch Herald. (Paradox)
Horrors
Screamers. (Could do screamerstar but cheeseoverload so no.)

Daemon Prince of nurgle
Plaguebearers
Plague drones

Belakor
Bloodcrushers
Horrors
Plague drones.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users