adamb69

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 730 posts
  • LocationNostramo

Posted 03 April 2017 - 05:39 PM

Hello all,

Trying to find any and all info on the Dreadwing that I can. I remember they were featured prominently in one of the HH books. But other than that anything? Thought they'd be a cool force to collect and field. What color scheme would you use for them, deviations from the standard?

I might try and do a test miniature and see what it looks like.

Appreciate any help
  • dracossumo likes this

#2 Sigismund

Sigismund

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 838 posts
  • LocationNew Forest

Posted 03 April 2017 - 09:52 PM

I'd never heard of them before the latest Dark Angels BL book. So could very well be a new thing they made up and going to release some rules for them in future

#3 adamb69

adamb69

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 730 posts
  • LocationNostramo

Posted 04 April 2017 - 02:28 PM

Trying to flesh out a Dreadwing-esq force. I know there is no ROW for them yet (hoping). So I put this together so far. Gaps are because I am not sure what to fill in as of yet. I was thinking I need a land raider and phosphex medusa in there to. Not sure. And for HQs...a character for Redloss and a...Forgelord perhaps? Any and all thoughts are welcome. (This is also a from scratch army)

The Dreadwing 1725 out of 3000 points

HQ:
-Blank

Elites:
450pts - Destroyer Squad, 10 dudes all the fixins, jump packs

Troops:
180pts - Tac Squad, 10 dudes, rhino, Serg w/a armour and calibanite blade
180pts - Tac Squad, 10 dudes, rhino, Serg w/a armour and calibanite blade

Fast Attack:
-Blank

Heavy Support:
455pts - Vindicator Squad, command tank, all w/armoured cermaite and combi bolter

Lord of War:
460pts - Typhon, Armoured Ceramite, pintle bolter, sponson las

#4 adamb69

adamb69

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 730 posts
  • LocationNostramo

Posted 04 April 2017 - 03:15 PM

Standard all black armour.  Right shoulder pad will be the hourglass Dreadwing symbol.  Possibly do the arm in a dark metallic silver, still not sure.  Red and gold highlights like in the pictures.  Going to learn how to make/print decals so I can do checkerboard patterns on the legs.

And then lots of weathering from the use of rad and phosphex

#5 drweir4

drweir4

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 03:58 PM

In angels of caliban it talks about them having a different type of glavie with some sort of vortex beam? If I was doing dreadwing I'd do a converted glaive as the centrepiece (with a suitably dark age looking gun - but rules for the glaive, not a vortex beam!!)

#6 adamb69

adamb69

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 730 posts
  • LocationNostramo

Posted 04 April 2017 - 04:01 PM

I'll be waiting for the blackbook to see if that comes out, been thinking about that already!  Warp rift cannon...MmmMmm good...

#7 footballdude2k3

footballdude2k3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 03:46 AM

I would add a Stormblade, DA always screamed plasma to me.

#8 EdTat

EdTat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • LocationJust So. Of Buffalo NY

Posted 11 April 2017 - 02:27 AM

In angels of caliban it talks about them having a different type of glavie with some sort of vortex beam? If I was doing dreadwing I'd do a converted glaive as the centrepiece (with a suitably dark age looking gun - but rules for the glaive, not a vortex beam!!)

I would add a Stormblade, DA always screamed plasma to me.

I have to agree with you both .... Hence, a Glaive (as of yet unbuilt) and a Stormblade with Lascannon/bolter sponsons ..and armored ceramite ... It's in dark angels green though,

#9 adamb69

adamb69

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 730 posts
  • LocationNostramo

Posted 12 April 2017 - 12:55 PM

For now, going to magnetize the vindicators and typhon.  And once the next blackbook with DA rules/units comes out, I can see what or if any Dreadwing stuff drops. 

For now, I'll just order some Mk3 Tacticals and start on those guys.

#10 Princess

Princess

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 08:17 PM

They are quite prominent in one of the books about IMperium Secundus. Can't remember which one but the dreadwing are sent out in Mccragge to track down Kurze or something

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Dreadwing, Volkite, Phosphex, Dark Angels, Star phantoms, Burnt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users