#21 Phytrion

Phytrion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationOmaha

Posted 07 June 2017 - 07:51 PM

..aaaaaand I'm back! Emperor's Children are done, and I just finished running my 3 day tournament (the Bugeater), so now I'm back to doing some hobby work!  I'm picking up a 5 man squad of termies tonight, but otherwise I have all I need to finish off the 901st company.  

HH_InProg.jpg

So I have a melee focused veteran squad up front with power fist, 2x lightning claws, and some power swords.  Then I have a standard ranged squad that will have heavy bolters.  Behind them is a 5 man tartaros squad all with volkite, a squad with plasma blasters, and then a cataphractii squad that will have the new Imperial Fist storm shields and they also have chainfists (sarge has a thunderhammer).

After this lot is done it is time to paint some vehicles and characters.  I'm a teacher, so it is summer time - which means I can really put some hours in!

• Penddraig and Orso85 like this

-Tim

Imperial Fists

Word Bearers

Twitter: @bugeatergames 

Instagram: @tr.phytrion

#22 Phytrion

Phytrion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationOmaha

Posted 14 June 2017 - 04:01 AM

Another update!

The two veteran squads are done.  My matte finish gave me some trouble so the decals did not come out as nice as I would have liked but otherwise I'm pretty happy.  And I used the new sector mechanicus bases and really like them!  20 terminators to go and this company is done.

vetsquad1.jpg

vetsquad2.jpg

-Tim

Imperial Fists

Word Bearers

#23 Raktus

Raktus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 06:13 AM

This stuff here is amazing!!! 

#24 Mordian7th

Mordian7th

Ordo Moderatus

• Moderators
  • 5,579 posts
  • LocationBoulder, CO USA

Posted 14 June 2017 - 05:01 PM

Very nice work!

Mordian 7th Regiment - Polluting the blogosphere since 0.273.009/M03 ;)

#25 Mike French

Mike French

Ordo Moderatus

• Moderators
  • 11,014 posts
  • LocationSalisbury, Wiltshie, UK

Posted 14 June 2017 - 05:56 PM

Nice mate.

#26 Dibdab666

Dibdab666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  • LocationNottingham

Posted 14 June 2017 - 05:58 PM

awesome looking great

That family shot is going to be epic

#27 Phytrion

Phytrion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationOmaha

Posted 16 June 2017 - 03:44 AM

Thanks guys! I finished a squad of Tartaros today - this one has all volkite chargers in case I want to really rev up the firepower with these boys.  15 more terminators to go and then the 901st is complete and I'm on to some vehicles!  After that I will post a family shot for sure! 

They had almost missed them.   The fleet's auguries initially indicated there was no one left alive on the listing, dead hulk of a former cruiser.  They realized that was a mistake, however, when they picked up faint vox traffic near the command tower of the ship.  The over zealous energies spewing out of the dying reactor and the constant ripple of explosions and decompressions blinded their scanners to the torrent of combat taking place inside.  Their battle brothers were either unaware that their ship was dead or too enraged to care.  When Captain Jorah Pedro, his retinue, and the 12th Breachers of the 902nd forced open the bulkhead and found them, their armor was pitted and caked in blood. Realizing they were no longer trapped on their dying ship and could continue to fight the traitors, they eagerly followed their brothers back to the assault rams and off the ship.  They were immediately assigned to the 901st to reinforce Captain Quintus and his growing force of terminators.

tartarosvolkite.jpg

-Tim

Imperial Fists

Word Bearers

#28 Phytrion

Phytrion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationOmaha

Posted 21 June 2017 - 04:46 AM

How could I paint up a veteran company and NOT get some of the new storm shields? I'm on the home stretch now - just 10 terminators to go and my 901st veteran company is finished!

They had resigned themselves to the belief that their duty to Terra, to Dorn, and to the Emperor was coming to a close.  On the far side of the Sol system, with all transfer orbits to Terra covered with traitor flotillas, it seemed they were trapped to an inevitable fate of dying in the cold void of space.  When their frigate picked up the narrow band transmission - an old technology the traitors would not be looking for - all of that changed.  The spent three days navigating through the transmitted waypoints until they came upon the small but growing flotilla of Imperial Fist vessels.  No one would come looking for them here - they were far from any facility or planetoid.  This would buy them the time they needed to repair and figure out how they would break through and reach Terra.  Sergeant Matthias and his battle brothers willfully relinquished their ship command to join the 901st and serve in the capacity they had spent decades perfecting: leading the line in their terminator armor.

shieldtermies.jpg

-Tim

Imperial Fists

Word Bearers

#29 Phytrion

Phytrion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationOmaha

Posted 24 June 2017 - 02:20 AM

Almost there! With this Tartaros squad I wanted to change things up and try and alternate scheme. If I like it I may have a company utilize it, if not they're an errant squad on a ship from an otherwise annihilated assault echelon.  We'll see how it plays out!  I have just one more 5 man squad to go and then this company is done.  I'm in grind mode at the moment, those Leviathan dreads are calling to me but I need to stay focused here.  I kinda wish it was anything but cataphractii to finish off just because there is so much ornate detail to work on with those compared to tartaros or indomitus pattern armor - but oh well!  I hope to be done with them by middle of next week so I can get to those vehicles and characters!

tartaros_altscheme.jpg

• Penddraig likes this

-Tim

Imperial Fists

Word Bearers

#30 Penddraig

Penddraig

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,246 posts
  • LocationArlesey, Bedfordshire

Posted 24 June 2017 - 05:11 PM

Good job on these. Looking forward to seeing the final pictures of the whole company.
"Let us speak now of the death of kings..." - Richard II
Sons of Horus 131st Company "The Kingslayers" http://aus30k.com/30...itle=L-XVI-3752
"Better to reign in Hell then serve in Heaven!" - John Milton, Paradise Lost

#31 Liam Ryan

Liam Ryan

Liam Ryan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts
  • LocationCairns, Australia.

Posted 24 June 2017 - 10:28 PM

This whole thread is great. Great painting. Those Tarts look like they're wearing gumboots though.

#32 Phytrion

Phytrion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationOmaha

Posted 30 June 2017 - 05:39 AM

This whole thread is great. Great painting. Those Tarts look like they're wearing gumboots though.

Haha yeah, the picture didn't do a good job showing the layers I tried to put on so it wasn't just black boots, but I had fun playing with a different scheme.

I finished my final squad for the 901st today, so I met my goal of getting it done by the end of June. I managed to paint 20 veteran marines and 20 terminators in a month.  I'm pretty happy with that!

Now I move on to vehicles and characters! I'm excited to have a bit of a change up for what I'm painting!

Here is the final squad - a group of lightning claw cataphractii.  I'll have to paint up more of them later, I *really* dig this take on the lightning claw.  It looks really menacing in my opinion.

cataLC.jpg

• Unwanted likes this

-Tim

Imperial Fists

Word Bearers

#33 Karrth

Karrth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationRødding, Denmark

Posted 11 July 2017 - 06:49 PM

Wow, what a massive project going on here!

props for effort, points for effort, EVERYTHING for the effort put in here.

An inspiration for sure :) Keep going!

• Phytrion likes this

#34 Phytrion

Phytrion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationOmaha

Posted 14 July 2017 - 06:59 PM

So now that the first two companies are done, I've taken a break from painting infantry and I'm working on catching up on my to do pile for vehicles and a few chapter assets.  The list is up on the first post, but I'm really having fun putting these vehicles together and slowly working down the giant pile of resin that I have.

I really enjoyed putting the Leviathan dreads together.  I was thankful that I found a company that makes an 80mm resin base (Dragonforge!), so I ordered 3 of those.  I wanted to give each dread a little flavor so they don't look like clones.  So for example I've got one standing over the ruins of a rhino:

levydread.jpg

So here's the full load of stuff I need to work on:

summertodo.jpg

So quite a bit to work on!  I'm actually almost finished with my Spartan, but I'm on the back end of a week long vacation and haven't touched a brush for a while.  I know there's a razorback in there - I had a rhino chassis with the turret piece glued on instead of the rhino doors from many years ago (it was a whirlwind, but I lost the whirlwind turret many moons ago).  So since you can take a heavy bolter on the rhino I put a HB razorback turret on there to make it work.  Since I use this army in 40k too, it lets me use that option too.  After the Spartan I think I'll move on to the rhinos to get the more "not fun" vehicles done and out of the way - and it will mean that my 902nd company will have all its transports done too.  

More updates to come!

-Tim

Imperial Fists

Word Bearers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users