• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Irall

Irall

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 06:16 PM

Hi all! Starting next month , I am starting me own World Eater force! However, while I seen a LOT of battle report for 30k ( Thank you , miniwargaming^^) I am not sure where to go from my starter force. I am getting the Battle at Calt box. Any advice from the veterant ?

#2 Raglan

Raglan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,008 posts
  • LocationMonmouthshire

Posted 29 March 2017 - 08:17 PM

Hi all! Starting next month , I am starting me own World Eater force! However, while I seen a LOT of battle report for 30k ( Thank you , miniwargaming^^) I am not sure where to go from my starter force. I am getting the Battle at Calt box. Any advice from the veterant ?

Bollocks to Calth mate, get some MkIII marines and Tart termies, these would be more suitable for the World Eaters. 

#3 Irall

Irall

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 12:20 PM

I plan to get some eventualy, but my budget a bit limited^^

#4 Unwanted

Unwanted

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 09:09 PM

So get Burning of Prospero? Same value, though you'll have to trade off Geigor and Ahriman.

Also, Custodes and Sisters will easily be traded for more Marines, people really seem to like Custodes and Sisters for some odd reason.

• badwitch likes this

Brotherhood of the Shattered Spear - 05-04-2017: Assault Ram! Veterans!

#5 Raglan

Raglan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,008 posts
  • LocationMonmouthshire

Posted 01 April 2017 - 09:48 PM

Also, Custodes and Sisters will easily be traded for more Marines, people really seem to like Custodes and Sisters for some odd reason.

Weirdos!! ;)  

• badwitch and Unwanted like this

#6 badwitch

badwitch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationBelfast, Northern Ireland

Posted 01 April 2017 - 10:56 PM

I love the BoP set but I reckon the Cataphractii termies suit the World Eaters better.

I was lucky with BaC set and traded out everything for more MKIII marines.  So I've got 1 unit of 20 with chainaxes, 1 unit of 20 with bolters, then 10 with flamers, 10 with melta guns and 10 heavy bolters.  Though I'd love to get my hands on some MKIV marines for a veteran squad and command squad.

My next purchase is going to be 10 red butchers followed by a spartan and Kharn.

I'd love to bulk them up with a leviathan with CC weapons and drop pod for it.  But money and time will be an issue so if I can get away with using 40k models or bits then I will.  I'll also use companies like Anvil Industries for chainaxes and other parts.

"This, I realized now watching Dienekes rally and tend to his men, was the role of the officer: to prevent those under his command, at all stages of battle – before, during, and after – from becoming “possessed.” To fire their valor when it flagged and rein in their fury when it threatened to take them out of hand. That was Dienekes’ job. That was why he wore the transverse-crested helmet of an officer. His was not, I could see now, the heroism of an Achilles. He was not a superman who waded invulnerably into the slaughter, singlehandedly slaying his foe by myriads. He was just a man doing his job. A job whose primary attribute was self-restraint and self-composure, not for his own sake, but for those he led by his example. A job whose objective could be boiled down to the single understatement, as he did at the Hot Gates on the morning he died, of “performing the commonplace under uncommonplace conditions."

-Steven Pressfield, Gates of Fire

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users