11 replies to this topic

#1 Walnuts

Walnuts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 05:04 PM

So after playing my first game with sisters of silence allies, I'm so pleased with them I'd like to expand them into a full force. 

This means I'm looking for other models that can be used as sisters because 

a) cheaper (hopefully!) as they're currently $35 for 5 on ebay, which isn't AWFUL, but hey man, if you can cheaphammer, then cheaphammer

B) variation! I can't have an army of 30 figs all in the identical poses from the 5 prospero figs

c) jenetia krole - are they going to release a model for her? If not I'd want something suitably epic to represent her. 

Any thoughts?

• SemenGok likes this

#2 ChainMachete

ChainMachete

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts
  • LocationSaffron Walden, UK

Posted 14 March 2017 - 02:47 PM

So after playing my first game with sisters of silence allies, I'm so pleased with them I'd like to expand them into a full force. 

This means I'm looking for other models that can be used as sisters because 

a) cheaper (hopefully!) as they're currently $35 for 5 on ebay, which isn't AWFUL, but hey man, if you can cheaphammer, then cheaphammer

B) variation! I can't have an army of 30 figs all in the identical poses from the 5 prospero figs

c) jenetia krole - are they going to release a model for her? If not I'd want something suitably epic to represent her. 

Any thoughts?

Inquisitor Greyfax and Canoness Veridyan come to mind.

Inquisitor Greyfax is probably the easiest conversion. Just change the head  and you've got a Silent Judge with stake-crossbow and power sword. She's meant to have a nuncio-vox, so very minor modifications to the back pack and you're done. Swapping the power sword for an execution blade should also be fairly easy. Hardest thing is converting the four boltguns for her squad into stake-crossbows - buying crossbows to match the one from Greyfax would probably be prohibitively expensive.

Cannoness Veridyan could be converted into either Krole or a Knight-Centura. The head swap doesn't look as easy since it's not a separate piece and you would need to do something about removing the backpack. Also for Krole, you'd probably need to bling-out the bolt pistol to make it look more like an archaeotech pistol.

#3 Walnuts

Walnuts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 09:06 PM

Greyfax is an AWESOME figure that I'd love to convert into a sister of silence, but woof, she's $30. That's basically an extra squad of 5 actual sisters right there. 

I own a Canoness Veridyan, but really don't want to chop her up for a conversion. Def one of those figures I got just because I love the model so much. 

Anyway, I made a silent judge using a conversion of this figure:

m1250119_99060108071_WHInqpowerswordmain

Nothing to it really, just swapped the head. It's great that the sisters sprue in prospero comes with like 10 heads for some reason. I also built her a full squad of 4 crossbow wielders using the normal sisters armed with cut up flame throwers mixed with plastic fantasy crossbows. I'll post them in this thread once I'm done painting them. 

#4 son_of_volmer

son_of_volmer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationSapporo, Japan

Posted 21 March 2017 - 12:40 AM

I've been pondering the same thing, despite having no business getting into a sister's-o-silence army.

The current Sister's of Silence plastic kit supplies you with 5 swords, 5 bolters and 5 flamers (I think)... so you primarily need legs, torso and heads to make the most out of all those bits. If I had a sister's-o-silence kit, I'd cut the top-knot off all the heads, and repurpose them on other heads to try and tie the army together.

I think the plastic Dark Eldar from the 3rd edition 40k starter set would be a good base model. I'm thinking Torsos, legs and maybe even arms. You could convert Assault Needlers out of the old splinter rifles too. They'd make good 'grunt' units, because they lack a lot of detail compared to what's being produced nowadays. You won't get many female torsos but they should be cheap. The earlier version of Dark Eldar Warriors don't have as much spikey-ness to them, but the massive pointed shoulder pads might need some trimming.

As for heads, the Skitarii Vanguard head is a good candidate, but unfortunately, in demand. You could pick up the Forge World Peltasts conversion kit, you'll get heads, as well the Galvanic Caster, which could double as psych-out grenade launchers, but those models ain't cheap.

For the Kharon Patter Acquisitor, either find a football, or try and find a Star Wars Episode 1 MTT at a garage sale. Someone could make a really cool conversion with it, but the toy is more expensive than it has any right being.

#5 Walnuts

Walnuts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 08:35 PM

Yo, LOVE your idea for the star wars thing as the Kharon. I never would have thought of that since, well, I saw episode 1 once in 1999 and then tried my best to forget it ever happened. 
I've actually already built a Kharon out of deodorant tubes. It looks terrible, but you can tell what it's supposed to be, and it's sort of a hilarious shout out to the original imperial grav tank deodorant thing that rick priestly built for a white dwarf in 1987.

I've actually been working super hard to get a sisters detachment done for Adepticon, like too hard to even post my results in this thread, but rest assured I will soon! 

#6 Walnuts

Walnuts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 04:03 PM

So I did a few based on these Valkyrie miniatures I had laying around that I bought like 17 years ago for Mordheim but never ended up using because they're 8 feet tall, WHICH MAKES THEM PERFECT SISTERS OF SILENCE HEIGHT BECAUSE THOSE MODELS ARE YUGE.

Anyway, this is what the original rackham valkyrie model looked like:

valkyries.png

And here's what I did with them:

32764786064_c0cfd79179_z.jpgIMG_20170323_003117 by schnied1373

33450981462_3a00cf17ca_z.jpgIMG_20170323_003037 by schnied1373

33478628011_2f8687be46_z.jpgIMG_20170323_003009 by schnied1373

And one more equally gigantic valkyrie from another company. 

32764785784_69018ea0ca_z.jpgIMG_20170323_003137 by schnied1373

Not bad, and FREE beats $30. Also they'll add a little visual variation to an army that basically has five models with interchangeable weapons available at the moment

#7 Walnuts

Walnuts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 04:05 PM

The Jenetia Krole I made. Again, some random gigantic female fantasy mini I bought for mordheim a million years ago and never ended up using due to it being space marine size. 

32793595733_a9febd6977_h.jpg

• Mounty_chris likes this

#8 Walnuts

Walnuts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 04:08 PM

Here are two models from the Excrutiatus cadre. The squad leader, who is just the inquisitor I posted above with a head swap. Crossbow and power sword are exactly what she's armed with! And then the regular squad member. I built four sisters like this who were just normal models from the inferno box, holding flamers that I cut apart and combined with old plastic warhammer fantasy crossbows. 

10qbdsp.jpg

m787d3.jpg

#9 Walnuts

Walnuts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 04:11 PM

And this last model is a LULZY get-me-by kharon until the actual model is released. It was inspired by the rick priestly 'imperial grav tank' from a white dwarf in the late 80s. Inspo model here:

1-2.jpg

My take here:

33450849992_5401936227_z.jpgIMG_20170323_001659 by schnied1373

Kinda redic looking, but it was FREE

• Mordian7th likes this

#10 Walnuts

Walnuts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 04:11 PM

So there ya go. I now have 17 sisters and a kharon using just the five models from inferno and old junk I had laying around.

CHEAPHAMMER AT ITS FINEST.

#11 Raglan

Raglan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,735 posts
  • LocationMonmouthshire

Posted 24 March 2017 - 11:57 PM

You have got to love the Sisters of Fister  :o

#12 FodaBett

FodaBett

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 08:45 PM

I'll leave this here.  
http://detalik.ru/svarog-miniatures

I picked up "Blade of Silence" for my Jaenita.

She's bare breasted but I'm sculpting her a breastplate.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users