• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 buckaroo

buckaroo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 02:50 PM

The wolves of Fenris are on the hunt and after my Solar Auxilia!

my son is building up his wolves and is going Land Raider heavy as transports.

2 Spartans and 1 LR Phobos delivering scary Russ and his pack.

i'm finding the need to add a punch to my army. Any suggestions on how to deal with mass armor 14, majority of it flair shielded?

i'm thinking either Leman Russ Vanquishers or Lightning Fighter with Kraken penetrators (Or both!)

I've got plenty of Demolisher Cannons but they don't seem to cut it, especially versus the Spartans.

• AScunteeLync, RobertJom, Thomaskax and 7 others like this

#2 Mordian7th

Mordian7th

Ordo Moderatus

• Moderators
  • 5,651 posts
  • LocationBoulder, CO USA

Posted 28 February 2017 - 03:03 PM

The Leman Russ Vanquisher is hands down my favorite tank hunter, and the SA variant is a beast with the Fast option and outflank. I've holed spartans on multiple occasions with 'em.

A lightning can't hurt either, you basically nailed both of my suggestions right out of the gate!

• buckaroo likes this

Mordian 7th Regiment - Polluting the blogosphere since 0.273.009/M03 ;)

#3 Imalu55

Imalu55

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 02:07 AM

Bit of ironic poetry blowing Russ' transport apart with a tank named after him

#4 DietOfLiquor

DietOfLiquor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted 01 March 2017 - 04:37 AM

Throw some cyclops inside of a stormlord. Charge it up the field, unload them, do their D blast, hilarity ensues. 

Serious note though, twin thunderbolts. I've used them and tagged teamed two spartans one game, taken out a warhound titan by turn 3 (got incredibly lucky with my reserve rolls), and have taken out a fell blade with almost no issues noted. They've always been my all-stars because of their dual-purpose roles in taking out armor and well as troops. Never really had luck with vanquishers though, they've always been hard on me to reliably hit and penetrate more often than not.

Never tried lightnings though. Never found the model visually pleasing amongst my armies by look and feel. But wouldn't hurt to try it out!

Custodes Custodes Custodes Custodes Custodes Custodes Custodes, EMPEROR

Website for The Solomon Sea Chronicles is in works! 

#5 ThePrince

ThePrince

Charming Royalty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts
  • LocationLincoln, Uk

Posted 01 March 2017 - 05:07 PM

Same as before. At long range use Vanquishers, split those av14s apart as best you can. Then use medusas to negate any flare shields with barrage, also useful for blasting apart terminators and bodyguards, could also use laser destroyers if you feel you dont need blast.
At close range, haywire grenade launchers, meltaguns, even krak grenades will bring down infantry, as well as massed las and volkite fire. Failing all else a trio of cyclops with Atomantic imploders is always a good failsafe.

Thunderbolts are also great, both anti-armour and infantry balled into one.

zi2qDCD.png?3

#6 Penddraig

Penddraig

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,324 posts
  • LocationArlesey, Bedfordshire

Posted 01 March 2017 - 08:22 PM

I'd agree with Vanquishers. I have a soft spot for Cyclops demo vehicles but haywire grenade launchers are always fun.
"Let us speak now of the death of kings..." - Richard II
Sons of Horus 131st Company "The Kingslayers" http://aus30k.com/30...itle=L-XVI-3752
"Better to reign in Hell then serve in Heaven!" - John Milton, Paradise Lost

#7 librisrouge

librisrouge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 05:51 PM

I've only limited experience, but a tank commander in a valdor tank hunter could be very good. It can move 12" and fire, so it might be able to get side shots (especially if you also have demolishers to distract.)

Otherwise, our flyers and vanquishers seem to be the best anti-spartan/raider options.

#8 UberlordGendo

UberlordGendo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 839 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 07:51 AM

What about laser destroyer rapiers?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users