Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,879 posts
  • LocationArlesey, Bedfordshire

Posted 20 February 2017 - 07:20 PM

Link below:

https://warhammerwor...y-is-vengeance/

A one-day event at WHW with the 'Victory is Vengence System' from Book 3. Might be a bit tempted for this as I like small games - probably take the risk and look at the booking pack first.
  • TrompokCype and charmingdatejak like this
"Let us speak now of the death of kings..." - Richard II
Sons of Horus 131st Company "The Kingslayers" http://aus30k.com/30...itle=L-XVI-3752
"Better to reign in Hell then serve in Heaven!" - John Milton, Paradise Lost

#2 ThePrince

ThePrince

Charming Royalty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 991 posts
  • LocationLincoln, Uk

Posted 22 February 2017 - 11:32 AM

This looks like itd be pretty fun to take part in tbh!

signature_zpsxbcopuqr.png

#3 Spinny

Spinny

I didn't know you could change this...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,368 posts
  • LocationReading, UK

Posted 22 February 2017 - 04:41 PM

Well this looks interesting, I've been wanting to build a small strike force for ages and this could push me to do so! Will be interesting to find out the exact points first, but I could be up for this (depending on cost, and the Mrs giving me time off to play...).

#4 Penddraig

Penddraig

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,879 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 10:25 PM

Booking pack is up.

No supply points used. Everyone uses the plentiful band for all criteria. Pre-set missions. Still tempted...
Sons of Horus 131st Company "The Kingslayers" http://aus30k.com/30...itle=L-XVI-3752

#5 Spinny

Spinny

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,368 posts
  • LocationReading, UK

Posted 23 February 2017 - 10:29 PM

You and me both. The only issues I see are the plethora of ones that have been pointed out before. From how certain points are calculated, through to unbalanced army lists, via action point abuse. Despite this I'm tempted, just working out what legion I want do, and what I will build!

#6 Penddraig

Penddraig

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,879 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 11:16 PM

Agreed. Might play around with some lists this weekend and see if I can get some games in over the next few weeks.

#7 Ripper.McGuirl

Ripper.McGuirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,257 posts
  • LocationRogues Island, USA

Posted 24 February 2017 - 12:35 AM

I loooooove ViV! I have run a couple events at Adepticon using the rules and I'm running a kill team event this year that uses a lot of the rules, too. Strange they don't use supply points, though. That's the whole point, to me!

MASTER OF SIGNALS IS PULLING THE STRINGS/ DROPPING THE BOMBS AND WRECKING YOUR THINGS

My Alpha Legion Thread | My Salamander Thread

#8 Spinny

Spinny

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,368 posts
  • LocationReading, UK

Posted 24 February 2017 - 11:35 AM

So I facebooked them to ask a few questions about whether they had any plans to modify the rules:

"Hi there, was wondering if you are going to release any sort of updates for the original rules or are you happy with them the way they are.? The reason I ask is because there are various things to do with points costs which aren't answered in them (meltabomb cost for veteran squads, command squad banner bearer cost, etc), as well as potential power issues with things like Sicarans, Land Raiders, multiple Rapiers, etc. There have been variants rule FAQs done which address some of these (such as the Adepticon one). Also I am assuming we use the same list for each game, and characters which die in one are still allowed in the other games?"

And they replied with:

"For this event seeing as it is the first time being ran at Warhammer World we are intending to run it straight out of the book with no FAQ's planned.
Players will be using the same list each game and Characters that die will be back as normal each game"

Don't know if this is usefull to those planning on attending, but thought I should pop it here anyway.

#9 ThePrince

ThePrince

Charming Royalty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 991 posts
  • LocationLincoln, Uk

Posted 24 February 2017 - 02:00 PM

Considering they're heavily marketing it as a non-competetive event I'm pretty set to go. I don't doubt there won't be some kind of point abusers there, but hopefully the majority will be decent folk. I do like the inherent push towards rewarding friendly and thematic play though.

Just need to test out some lists...

signature_zpsxbcopuqr.png

#10 ChrisGibson36

ChrisGibson36

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 06:18 PM

I'm certainly interested! I'll be receiving my copy of book 3 later this week, so can have a glance over the criteria...
I just wish they didn't do one day events on Sundays. As someone who is employed by a Church, it makes attending events difficult at times...

#11 Spinny

Spinny

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,368 posts
  • LocationReading, UK

Posted 06 March 2017 - 08:03 AM

Got my ticket, so will see any of you who are also coming there. Now just got to get a force ready for it...

#12 Penddraig

Penddraig

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,879 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 06:52 PM

Updated pack with (some) rules for selecting a force.

https://warhammerwor...nce-pack-V3.pdf

#13 Spinny

Spinny

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,368 posts
  • LocationReading, UK

Posted 07 March 2017 - 07:45 PM

Interestingly it's basically what it says in the Book 3, with the added bit that you aren't allowed to use RoWs. I must admit I'm quite looking forward to it, and it has given me an excellent xcuse to start a new project (even though I'm not finished on the current ones I have) with the justification to myself that it's only a small force....

#14 Penddraig

Penddraig

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,879 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 08:58 PM

It's all about the justification.

I found it interesting that they are allowing Strike Forces of all the armies other than the Talons of the Emperor.

#15 Spinny

Spinny

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,368 posts
  • LocationReading, UK

Posted 07 March 2017 - 10:00 PM

I think that's mainly because they are pretty much cut and pasting from book 3 without any thought. Alternatively they are worried about people turning up with a dreadnought and three Custodes!

#16 Spinny

Spinny

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,368 posts
  • LocationReading, UK

Posted 16 April 2017 - 04:58 PM

With a month to go before this, I thought I would check who else is actually coming along (hoping it's not just me from here)?

#17 Penddraig

Penddraig

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,879 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 08:35 PM

Despite hoping to, it doesn't look like I can make it. Was hoping to just pop up and look in but even that looks doubtful. Hope you have a good event though.

#18 Spinny

Spinny

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,368 posts
  • LocationReading, UK

Posted 17 April 2017 - 04:18 PM

That's a shame, was hoping that the forum would have been represented by more than just me. It does seem that the event isn't proving that popular as they still have tickets left, oh well!

#19 ChrisGibson36

ChrisGibson36

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 01:49 PM

If it wasn't a Sunday, I'd be there! Any chance you could link me to the event pack Spinny? I'd like to do a touch of research ahead of my event at end of May...

#20 Spinny

Spinny

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,368 posts
  • LocationReading, UK

Posted 18 April 2017 - 02:22 PM

No problems, if you click on the link at the top of the thread it takes you to the page where there is a link for it. Good luck with your event!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users