2. How do you normally run your squads? Size, weapon loadout, etc.
3. Target Priority?
4. Run them with a chaplain?
2. I usually run Berzerker Assault with my 12th legion. One of my troops choices is an assault squad of 15 men including 2 power axes, a power sword and a sergeant with a power fist a melta bombs, on top of that I run an apothecary. I think the power sword is a little un-necessary but I modelled them that way before I played so it'll stay that way. A better way to spend the points would be on combat shields for some nice ++ to help the to get where they need to be.
3. I run them as a SUPPORTING squad that can use their mobility to hold obejctives and pack a nice punch in CC, they are good at fighting but not a lot better than regular tac squads but if you get the charge off you can do some serious damage with the axes and power fist on thallax, thanatars and other tough targets. If you see them as this all-killing all-conquering murder machines you will get disappointed, after all they're just marines with jump packs.
I always make sure to set them up behind cover or out of line of sight as a big juicy infantry unit is a huge target for a lot of anti infantry shooting. I usually use them to mess up astartes infantry but try not to take on specialized close combat units such as terminators, suzerains or phallanx warders. I try to get my butchers to do them in.
4. If you run berzerker assault you get hatred across the board which makes a HUGE difference fro all your troops, that combined with S5 and rerolling 1s to wound on the charge is crazy and saves you the cost of a chaplain imho.
Hope this helps in fielding them sucessfully! I really enjoy playing with them when they function properly