Photo

the Prophet's BLOOD ANGELS

Blood Angel BAAL Sanguinius Knight Storm eagle Voss Lightening Stormlord Falchion Conversion Kitbash

• Please log in to reply
131 replies to this topic

#1 firstsilentprophet

firstsilentprophet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 720 posts
  • LocationAuckland, Eastern Australia

Posted 03 February 2017 - 12:09 AM

Greetings and salutations.

After a bit of time buying and preparing I am pleased to share my IX Legion.

Firstly, here is my 40k Blood Angel Chapter 2nd Company, which was made during the 90ies.

These are currently boxed, and the photos is old, but clearly quality won't improve the painting.

vGU6MO4.png

And this is the current near completed 30K army (needs new transfers not yet available) and is about 30% of total force planned.

W99do41.jpg

• timelyhammer, RobertJom, Zazel and 5 others like this

"We are the greatest humans ever born – we are the flame of Humanity where the rest of the galaxy is just the spark. In centuries of warfare, against the vileness of the alien, the lies of the heretic, the foulness of the mutant, I have never known fear –" Sanguinius in the battle for Terra.

#2 firstsilentprophet

firstsilentprophet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 12:19 AM

So i figure i’d start with something special, and a bit out there…..

The Fluff (back story):

Introducing a Vengeance Queen; a Free Blade relic knight from Xandath Mon.

The pilot is Princess Amirah Serphuhi Isabella Mitras.

Xandath Mon is a small inhabited moon orbiting a gas giant on the outer rim. Settled by accident; when a mechanicum expedition was unable to leave due to an accident with their space craft. Explorers became settlers. They had some early knight prototypes - kinda a techno steampunk syle (yeh i was just having a bit of fun and wanted a knight that was steampunkish - caught me). These knights were used for collecting samples in harsh environment, general construction, etc.

The BAs discovered the small 'kingdom' and offered the usual ultimatum - Turn back into the Emporers light….yadah, yada or face his wrath. The Ruling house of which Ami was heir, planned to submit, however, techery saw her father killed by the Lords of the other houses, and defiance of the BA request resulted in swift retribution.

Ami was out for vengeance. She manned her relic Knight and set out to reek havoc on her fathers murderers. In the process she saved a squad of BAs from an ambush and then lead a counter-attach with the BAs resulting in a massive slaughter of all the other knights. With the defeat of the settlements main form of defence and the swift execution of all the rogue lords. Ami, being the sole survivor of the ruling elite, agreed to submit to the BA commander.

Disheatened by the death of her father, she did not wish to stay and rule; So she joined the BAs as an Asset. And so .... 

g5vAeNF.png
WORK in progress - part undercoat. Originally thinking of this being an assault knight.

HVBoAxk.png

A wee bit further along. Decided the gatling cannon was a bit more BA orientated.

"We are the greatest humans ever born – we are the flame of Humanity where the rest of the galaxy is just the spark. In centuries of warfare, against the vileness of the alien, the lies of the heretic, the foulness of the mutant, I have never known fear –" Sanguinius in the battle for Terra.

#3 firstsilentprophet

firstsilentprophet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 12:23 AM

B8b1ZJ7.png

Coming along nicely we hopes.

EPyHVa0.png

I just needing to add decals....

Not sure about weathering yet... Don't want go too far with it. So i think i will park this beast for now and move on to another LOW that i am working on.....An early falchion prototype the BAs got there hands on.

• NoElf, Raglan, Baal Triumphant and 2 others like this

#4 Raglan

Raglan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,008 posts
  • LocationMonmouthshire

Posted 03 February 2017 - 10:09 AM

What a great job you have done on that Knight, well done sir!!

#5 Empress of Terra

Empress of Terra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 07:39 PM

Good knight. And night lords dying in the mud? Luv it.

Look forward to seeing more dude.

You shall know only one god - kneel before me, for I am the Empress of all mankind.

#6 firstsilentprophet

firstsilentprophet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 08:11 AM

I can't quite stretch £180 for the FW falchion, when i can get a GW shadowsword for NZ$150

So with a spare  volcano cannon, i set about a very, very basic conversion.

As the Falchion STC was based on the Shadowsword (or vice versa), I am thinking that its feasible that a shadowsword was used as a prototype. Same body, but with the 2 off volcano cannons. Oh, and the quad lascannons.

So i know its not strictly the same, but hey - it works for me (and i could get 2 super heavies for the price of one).

Ntrb4fZ.png
I did say basic conversion. It pretty much was as simply as building the std shadowsword. I made a new mantle out of styrene. Quads are made from 2 sources - lower cannons are from the ImpGuard Cadian heavy weapons team, and the upper cannons from the stormraven. I would have liked to use the same, but i couldn’t scounge 8 lascannons that were all the same. Anyway, i will magnetised them, so can always swap out later if i get the desire.

All masked now, so hopefully some red on it tomorrow.

• niftyvt likes this

#7 niftyvt

niftyvt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 05 February 2017 - 02:57 AM

Falchion conversion looks sweet to me!   :D

#8 firstsilentprophet

firstsilentprophet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 09:25 PM

What a great job you have done on that Knight, well done sir!!

Thank you sir - there is a drought on, so not many sheep about. Had time to really spend.

Good knight. And night lords dying in the mud? Luv it.

Look forward to seeing more dude.

Cheers, maybe ultramarine? Blue is always my least used paint, so....

Falchion conversion looks sweet to me!   :D

Cheers mate. It will do the job.

I have a couple of custom storm eagles and ram in the shop being primed. will add these soon also.

#9 firstsilentprophet

firstsilentprophet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 08:32 AM

I got to undercoating - long weekend here in Aotearoa.

So i got a base coat of red on a few things:

elo4Enk.png

Custom falchion.

• Tom and timelyhammer like this

#10 firstsilentprophet

firstsilentprophet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 08:44 AM

Now what respective BA commander would i be if i couldn't transport 40 guys into the heart of a war zone in one go?

jBeuTlN.png

This Stormlord, with 4off twin-linked assault cannons, 4off las cannons, and the vulcan mega-boater (oh and some heavy stubbers, heavy bolters, etc) should be a nice target for the traitors. 

• Tom and timelyhammer like this

#11 firstsilentprophet

firstsilentprophet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 08:45 AM

Staying with the LOW theme here:

bQYk7t8.png

Fighter wing! 

I not sure how to paint these....I have seen some truely beautiful work on this forum. But purple, or black, or white....mmmm.I mean black and/or gold stripes sure, but just how/where is unclear at the moment.

• Baal Triumphant and timelyhammer like this

#12 firstsilentprophet

firstsilentprophet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 12:07 AM

Undercoat on my custom storm eagles.

Basically i bought 2 storm ravens about 9 months ago - planning on reinvigorating my 40K BAs. Then i discovered this forum, and 30K. 

So, i set to work turning these suckers into something useable. I was still kinda new to the 30k thing and without any BA reference info out yet, i thought supercharged engines for my eagles. This is some images of the first storm eagle conversion:

2XdG4UJ.png

Basically i used styrene to stretch the hull. original hull length (base door-door) = 80mm, New = 150mm

Ditto to the wings - original tip to tip = 250mm, New = 360mm

• timelyhammer likes this

#13 firstsilentprophet

firstsilentprophet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 12:10 AM

Obviously the wings wanted to fall off, so i couldn't really keep the cantilever. So i get a large fixed blade that strengthens the model running right over the top.

I also had to add some detail to the top of the hull (fuselage?). 

tCa6Xg3.png

So i added some detail to the top, and was experimenting with the weapons system on the wing op.

• Olly83hammer likes this

#14 firstsilentprophet

firstsilentprophet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 12:12 AM

Side by side comparison; Converted Storm Eagle : Stormraven.

su1uke3.png

#15 firstsilentprophet

firstsilentprophet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 12:16 AM

Red undercoat stage:

fm1HLLc.png

I decided to add the air intake. Still not sure, but my smaller storm eagles have the 'sormfang' intakes. These are a better proportion for the smaller bird, so i ran with the raven intake on this beast.

Used the baneblade hatch to finish the top.

I kinda thinking this 'larger storm eagle' will be for the boss - sanguinius to arrive in battle. (in lieu of the expensive storm bird). at least for the time being.

• timelyhammer likes this

#16 firstsilentprophet

firstsilentprophet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 02:23 AM

First of my B@C contemptor dreads is finished.

pNwxjFv.png

Basically shaved the chest, and added blood drop studs. But clearly very static!

dfe6Sqv.png

So, cut the legs off, cut the thigh out, and remade fraction longer and with a running pose.

#17 firstsilentprophet

firstsilentprophet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 02:27 AM

Magnetised at shoulder to allow weapon swap.

xYQlQr4.png

Also magnetised the missile system.

4jikLAe.png

Not overly happy really....I think i used a bit too much null oil. and looks a bit dark and dirty.

C6RgNcI.png

Onward and upward.

• Baal Triumphant, jimmyp and timelyhammer like this

#18 timelyhammer

timelyhammer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 09:21 AM

fm1HLLc.png

This looks insane. Cant wait to see it finished. 

Will you be paling it as a straight storm eagle, or sneak thru some custom rules? I mean it would hold more than 20 on a straight up size comparison to a stormraven. 

Always thought storm eagles and thunder hawks should hold 21/31 give you the chance to have a character with a full size squad!

• firstsilentprophet likes this

#19 Mordian7th

Mordian7th

Ordo Moderatus

• Moderators
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationBoulder, CO USA

Posted 08 February 2017 - 12:10 PM

Great looking conversions! Really digging the force!

Mordian 7th Regiment - Polluting the blogosphere since 0.273.009/M03 ;)

#20 firstsilentprophet

firstsilentprophet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 09:02 PM

This looks insane. Cant wait to see it finished. 

Will you be paling it as a straight storm eagle, or sneak thru some custom rules? I mean it would hold more than 20 on a straight up size comparison to a stormraven. 

Always thought storm eagles and thunder hawks should hold 21/31 give you the chance to have a character with a full size squad!

Cheers, love to have some custom 'house' rules, but will likely play straight up - dont want to deal with whinging.

Great looking conversions! Really digging the force!

Cheers mate - conversion are fun (as you well know - loved your old leviathan - time for a redo). I feel painting is letting me down.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Blood Angel, BAAL, Sanguinius, Knight, Storm eagle, Voss Lightening, Stormlord, Falchion, Conversion, Kitbash

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users