Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,327 posts
  • LocationRogues Island, USA

Posted 02 June 2017 - 08:09 PM

That cloak is righteous.

This is all looking badasssss

MASTER OF SIGNALS IS PULLING THE STRINGS/ DROPPING THE BOMBS AND WRECKING YOUR THINGS

My Alpha Legion Thread | My Salamander Thread

#122 niftyvt

niftyvt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 05 June 2017 - 10:15 PM

Must. . . resist. . . buying . . . Brass Scorpion. . . at least for a couple more months until I pay off the stupid roof.  B)  And finish painting whats left of my previous Forgeworld order.   :wacko:

Basically I saw the preview Brass Scorpion stat card and its a must have at this point.  Same thing with the Kytan, havent seen the card but the model is AMAZING, except I would de-Khorne it and make it more Dark Mechy via lots of tubes/cables and some sort of cool robot head.

• Mounty_chris likes this

#123 Raglan

Raglan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,051 posts
  • LocationMonmouthshire

Posted 06 June 2017 - 09:34 PM

Must. . . resist. . . buying . . . Brass Scorpion. . . 

You only live once mate, why deny yourself? 

#124 niftyvt

niftyvt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 07 June 2017 - 01:10 PM

Yeah, once I power through some more Blood Angels infantry and the Primaris half of the new 40k starter I think it will be about time for another big model. . . I do have a Castigator still in its bags so he might come first before I drop cash on more resin.  I just might start washing the Castigator today so its all ready to go when I feel the itch.

My Thanatar, Triaros and Krios are all primed and waiting in the airbrush booth for final airbrushing too.  So much to do, so little time!

#125 niftyvt

niftyvt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 12 June 2017 - 01:51 PM

I finished washing my Knight Castigator yesterday.  B)  He is ready to go whenever I get the itch to build something.  I want to start working on his base soon though because I have been having a bunch of ideas for it  running through my head lately. 

I have a Dragon Forge ancient ruins base (similar to my other 2 knights) and I want to do something to make it match my dusty red bases that my Dark Mech guys have.  The idea is to make a drift of sand towards the front half of the base (like the wind exposed the ruins on the rest of the base) with a ruined pillar sticking out of it that the knight will have one leg stepping on.  Kind of like a Captain Morgan foot on the barrel hands on hip just taking in the surroundings pose.   :D   Then I will have a knight pilot (I have one of the FW pilots, the one with his helmet off) that can stand on top via magnets.  I also want to try and make the cockpit hatch open on a hinge, but I think that's going to be tough to pull off.  Maybe do some kind of magnet thing with the hatch. . .I don't know, the resin is really thin in that area so its going to be hard to work with.

#126 firstsilentprophet

firstsilentprophet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationAuckland, Eastern Australia

Posted 14 June 2017 - 01:35 AM

Hey Nifty....i was exploring some older mechanicum posts - Mordian7 is brilliant if you haven't seen it. He bought some stuff from https://www.blightwh...om/sino-russia 

Worth a look maybe if your thinking brass scorpy...limited range, but cool.

"We are the greatest humans ever born – we are the flame of Humanity where the rest of the galaxy is just the spark. In centuries of warfare, against the vileness of the alien, the lies of the heretic, the foulness of the mutant, I have never known fear –" Sanguinius in the battle for Terra.

#127 Mordian7th

Mordian7th

Ordo Moderatus

• Moderators
  • 5,525 posts
  • LocationBoulder, CO USA

Posted 17 June 2017 - 01:17 PM

Aye, blight wheel does some cool stuff!

Mordian 7th Regiment - Polluting the blogosphere since 0.273.009/M03 ;)

#128 niftyvt

niftyvt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 21 June 2017 - 10:20 PM

All that's left airbrush wise is the Kight Castigator (washed but still unassebled) and 20 tech thralls. (washed but unassembled). I finished this batch up last week.

35454008905_667d83c64b_z.jpg20170616_082617 by nifty, on Flickr

#129 niftyvt

niftyvt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 21 June 2017 - 10:22 PM

You only live once mate, why deny yourself?

Because I have a $5000 roof repair bill to pay off but once thats taken care of (maybe a month out) then I think it's reward time. =)

#130 niftyvt

niftyvt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 22 June 2017 - 11:06 AM

Mock up of the Castigator base. The pile will be done up like a drift of dust that matches the other Mech bases I have done. Nothing is glued down yet.

35423240506_5e022a5a9e_z.jpg20170622_065520 by nifty, on Flickr

35076553580_71edca16d3_z.jpg20170622_065449 by nifty, on Flickr

#131 Unwanted

Unwanted

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 10:11 PM

Suddenly, many robots!

Also great to see the Hoplites, hadn't actually seen them done in a scheme I liked!

Brotherhood of the Shattered Spear - 05-04-2017: Assault Ram! Veterans!

#132 niftyvt

niftyvt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 25 June 2017 - 04:57 PM

I woke up today all eager to paint and then got side tracked by a Knight. =) A little step by step of the base and pose progress. The pillars and the cork he is standing on are the only things glued down right now. I used 1/8 inch brass rod to secure the pillars through the cork and into the resin base. He could stand on the pillars even if the cork was not there. And the last picture is a quick blue tack pose mock up.

Lastly the base and pillar parts are from Dragon Forge Design.

35488898436_82e1396e7e_z.jpg20170625_120159 by nifty, on Flickr

35488899246_bdfccfe90f_z.jpg20170625_123209 by nifty, on Flickr

35397160651_bed1d2956c_z.jpg20170625_124227 by nifty, on Flickr
  • LeeroyTheSonic likes this

#133 Dibdab666

Dibdab666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts
  • LocationNottingham

Posted 26 June 2017 - 05:02 PM

Really like the pose

Looking forward to seeing this work in progress

#134 niftyvt

niftyvt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 27 June 2017 - 12:42 AM

Really like the pose

Looking forward to seeing this work in progress

I even have a forgeworld knight pilot that is going to be standing on top of him all arrogant like, magnetized hopefully so I can play with the knight without the delicate pilot standing on it. =)

But my hobby time is being pulled 3 ways, Primaris Marines, Thanatar and some other Mechanicum stuff and then the Knight. So the knight might be a while.

#135 niftyvt

niftyvt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 27 June 2017 - 12:59 PM

I was looking at the picture of the knight pose last night and I am not sure how I am actually going to build it and paint it separate from the base. . . I might have to build a special painting stand just for him!  :wacko:  I guess I could get the legs built, paint the base and legs separate.  I could then just hold the legs by hand and sit him on some spare soft foam between coats.   Once the legs are base coated I could glue them immediately to the finished base.  Then the body, arms and other parts will proceed as separate assemblies as normal.  Once the body was base coated and the legs secure on the base I would then attach the body.  Then it would be details, gloss, oil wash etc until complete as per the process used on the Acheron.   

Sorry, just thinking out loud here and providing a record to myself so I can have a read back to remember my process ideas when I get around to it.  :)

#136 Raglan

Raglan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,051 posts
  • LocationMonmouthshire

Posted 27 June 2017 - 02:24 PM

Nice looking base dude. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users