Orso85

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • LocationModena (Italy)

Posted 11 July 2017 - 11:46 AM

nice work!

I've made both shoulder pads red, IMHO too much black it's not good (my very personal opinion) ;)

Black Templar in the 40K

Sons of Horus in the Horus Heresy

#22 Liam Ryan

Liam Ryan

Liam Ryan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • LocationCairns, Australia.

Posted 20 July 2017 - 11:16 AM

Nice Justaerin. 

#23 Raglan

Raglan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,125 posts
  • LocationMonmouthshire

Posted 23 July 2017 - 10:25 PM

Do you have a snow based terrain layout? 

#24 Smudga51

Smudga51

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 09:44 AM

Orso, I agree that they need plenty of red, my main reason for not also adding at the time was the sheer number of reflective silver studs and bolts across their armour really enhances the black. Adding more red would tip the predominantly Green, red black, dirty gold palette of the army a bit too much towards red.

But I did think along the same lines.

Raglan thanks, snow is really easy makeup and loads of things you can do with it (shameless blog post drop http://grudginglyrea...r-warhammer.html)

. My transportable tactic is to use a basic heavy felt mat for the snow field, or battlemat at the club but because I love some texture I have gone to the effort of starting on a whole snow board setup (which i'll post more about here when its all done(http://grudginglyrea...ond-stages.html)

• Orso85 likes this

#25 Smudga51

Smudga51

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 07:32 AM

Finished off some heavy support (more bodies for the guns) in some heavy plasma guys and Volkites.

gallery_3527_454_19007.jpg

The Volkites are a mix between Calth and some resin marines, and sadly that scale (bulk) difference does show up now. These guys are normally deployed as a 10 man squad, but there isn't any reason not to split them out.

These are the best things I have available to chew through some Justaerin when they are in force. 40 Strength 6 shots with deflag that reroll 1's on turn 1 (Warmasters portion SOH buff)

gallery_3527_454_9809.jpg

I won't be using these heavy plasma guys much as they're old Dark Angels I think, but I had them lying around so thought I might as well re-purpose them.

gallery_3527_454_66197.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users