• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 10 November 2016 - 08:29 PM

World Eaters
Legiones Astartes

Khârn the Bloody: Gorechild 190

15 Tactical Space Marines: Tactical Sergeant (artificer armour; power fist; melta bombs); 14 Tactical Space Marines; chainaxes; legion vexilla 245

15 Tactical Space Marines: Tactical Sergeant (artificer armour; power fist; melta bombs); 14 Tactical Space Marines; chainaxes; legion vexilla 245

3 Rapier Carriers: 3 × laser destroyer array 165

8 Red Butcher Terminators: Devoured (chainfist; chainfist); 7 Red Butcher Terminators; 7 × second power axe 430
• Spartan Assault Tank: armoured ceramite; pintle-mounted multi-melta 340

Javelin Attack Speeder Squadron
• Javelin Attack Speeder: pintle-mounted multi-melta; hull-mounted twin-linked lascannon 75
• Javelin Attack Speeder: pintle-mounted multi-melta; hull-mounted twin-linked lascannon 75

Spartan Assault Tank: pintle-mounted multi-melta 320

Spartan Assault Tank: armoured ceramite; pintle-mounted multi-melta 340

2,500 points

No row, I just don't have the point aviablie to take another troop choice. Let me know what you think! Also I want to know if it's fluffy enough, I want to stay as far away from 40kness as possible, I'm still thinking three Spartans might be too much. Thanks guys!
  • Joryikbep and Weniaminbep like this

#2 Eorek

Eorek

Abvanecb Medmer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 10 November 2016 - 10:14 PM

for the fluffy encounter 3 spartans might be too much... for facing a tourney list I'd say 3 spartans is too big of a pointsink into transports(even if it is a spartan)

It's quite specialized but might work... Beware though specialized armies like this either sink or fly, there is no real middle ground, Either your opponent manages your spartans with his army or he doesn't have a counter to them.

'*bad-dum-bum* Eorek everyone, he'll be here all week...'

- Warjammy

"You sir, are a scary, scary man..."

- Penddraig

#3 Ancient Crixus

Ancient Crixus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 11:09 PM

I feel the rapiers dont fit in the list - this really feels like a jam it down your opponent's throat (which is fine cause its world eaters) list. I'd probably swap them for something else. maybe a vindicator with a machine spirit and laser destroyer. it'll be able to keep up with the army as it rolls foward and can still put out the same amount of fire power.

#4 Raglan

Raglan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,008 posts
  • LocationMonmouthshire

Posted 11 November 2016 - 10:06 PM

I feel the rapiers dont fit in the list 

I agree with my learned friend, but everything else is cool. 

#5 DarthJake12

DarthJake12

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 12 November 2016 - 02:09 AM

Thanks guys, I might swap the vindicates out for contemptors. I also want to find an alternative to using three Spartans. The event is a completely narrative event and I kinda thought a bunch of dudes hoping in the three biggest transports was fluffy for word eater but I don't want to be a douche lol
  • WolMan likes this

#6 Crimsonhands

Crimsonhands

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 29 November 2016 - 05:33 PM

Yeah, I would go with Land raiders IMO. They are cheaper, they get you there, and they don't have the stigma that Spartans do. 

Plus you can give them the command tank upgrade which is nice. Smaller units is the one downside. 

"We are all tyrants" 

#7 lill

lill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  • LocationMalmö, Sweden

Posted 30 November 2016 - 08:55 AM

My recommendation is to go for a Kharybdis instead of one of the spartans.

-It's huge

-It's spikey

-It can transport loooooots of dudes

-It can wiggle and jiggle and burn the shit out of a lot of things, d6 hits per MODEL it flies over.

-4 hull points

-drop pod deep strike

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users