• Please log in to reply
131 replies to this topic

#121 Shai-Hulud

Shai-Hulud

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 09:00 PM

Awesome thread loving the progress you have made any chance on sharing the painting technique ?

#122 ROBOcaster

ROBOcaster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts
  • LocationRichmond, VA

Posted 03 April 2017 - 11:34 PM

Awesome thread loving the progress you have made any chance on sharing the painting technique ?

Yeah sorry I thought  Id linked it in the thread earlier I may have completely forgotten.

Here you go

http://formenosfront...ds-recipe1.html

#123 Shai-Hulud

Shai-Hulud

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 11:14 AM

Thanks, similar to how I did my Reavers in my SOH army, going to go down a long lighter grade of grey for mine for now, thanks for the share loving the your army
  • ROBOcaster likes this

#124 ROBOcaster

ROBOcaster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts
  • LocationRichmond, VA

Posted 11 April 2017 - 01:50 AM

So been busy, Still working on the Contemptors, Finishing the last of my infantry up I've got 2 Meltagun, 8 Shotgun, and 4 Power Axe Marauders to do. Then I'll be adding a Combi-Plasma Vet Squad and a Pariah Flamer Tactical Support squad. But for tonight I've tried my hand at recasting little bits I find useful fist test was a Flare Shield and it was a failure... but were getting there.

aootUTm.jpg

I also started and fished the map for the next upcoming event im hosting.

The War for D43 - Cold Harbor Crisis.

zEb1Xc8.jpg

Shiloh - An ice moon that orbits Cold harbor and where once an advanced Xeno raced lived, now the place of ruins; all that remains are relics and artifacts under the ice crust.

Players will perform Relic Hunt missions on this map.

7qhBMVE.jpg

Antietam - A Volcanic world rich in resources. Players will battle here to gain additional reinforcements in game.

qsNnwYf.jpg?1

Sumter's Fort (2Tile) - An asteroid home to an ancient archiotech weapon capable of destroying large celestial bodies. Originally designed to keep asteroids from colliding into the surface of Cold Harbor its means of destruction now may be used for nefarious purposes. Loyalist and Traitors will battle for control of this asteroid, the controlling team will have the ability to call down destruction on the planet.

The Wilderness (1Tile) - Little is know about this asteroid base save for a black fleet patrols space near it. Many agents from both sides have attempted to infiltrate this station but none have succeed. It is believed that a gang of mercenaries operate from this station. Players will have access to a GM'ed Mission which if successful allow players to recruit Mercenaries to fight for their side during the event.

SkZDvNC.jpg?1

Cold Harbor - The Capitol of the D43 System and home to 3.2 Billion loyal servants of the Imperium. With the surround resources, relics, artifacts, and archeotech combined with the large supply of able bodied personnel the traitors see this system as prime for harvest. Taking it would increase their war efforts immensely in the surrounding area. Should the Loyalist hold D43 they may effectively slow down if now stop the heresy here before it even reaches Sol.

KPLX3Rf.jpg

• Penddraig and Unwanted like this

#125 Penddraig

Penddraig

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,879 posts
  • LocationArlesey, Bedfordshire

Posted 11 April 2017 - 07:08 AM

I like the use of the Planetary Empires map.
  • ROBOcaster likes this
"Let us speak now of the death of kings..." - Richard II
Sons of Horus 131st Company "The Kingslayers" http://aus30k.com/30...itle=L-XVI-3752
"Better to reign in Hell then serve in Heaven!" - John Milton, Paradise Lost

#126 Unwanted

Unwanted

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 07:57 PM

Sounds like a fab and fun event!

• ROBOcaster likes this

Brotherhood of the Shattered Spear - 05-04-2017: Assault Ram! Veterans!

#127 Mordian7th

Mordian7th

Ordo Moderatus

• Moderators
  • 5,257 posts
  • LocationBoulder, CO USA

Posted 13 April 2017 - 09:16 PM

Sweeeeeeet!

Mordian 7th Regiment - Polluting the blogosphere since 0.273.009/M03 ;)

#128 ROBOcaster

ROBOcaster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts
  • LocationRichmond, VA

Posted 14 April 2017 - 12:49 AM

Took me long enough had some spring cleaning also get in the way of hobby time but they are finished.

The Brothers Grim Cortus-Contemptor Dreadnoughts

FgZCTUf.jpg

• sol_invictus and Reaver like this

#129 Unwanted

Unwanted

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 11:53 AM

:wub:  Maybe it's the time of year, but I am quite smitten with these! :wub:

• ROBOcaster likes this

#130 sol_invictus

sol_invictus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted 15 April 2017 - 02:28 PM

Great work, buddy!
  • ROBOcaster likes this

#131 ROBOcaster

ROBOcaster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts
  • LocationRichmond, VA

Posted 21 April 2017 - 01:45 AM

Here is another update.

Rounded out my previously completed 10 man marauder squad by adding in another 10 guys now the squad can either be run as a 2 10 man squads or 1 20 man squad the entire element has Three optional SGTs 1 with just a power fist the other two are Powerfist and combi-melta, then there are 15 shotgun/chainaxe marauders, 2 vox marauders, 4 power axe marauders and finally 4 melta gun maraduers. All in all the element in this final stage give me a huge number of options to play and tinker with as my list and needs of the battle evolve.

VYctDgb.jpg

Ive also went a head and added in two new consuls a siege breaker in terminator armor with a thunder hammer, and a biomancy librarian.

NTKukqh.jpg

Got the inspiration for the Librarian from a game I played a couple years back, they had a spell cast animation and I wanted to imitate it, I think it turned out pretty well if I do say so.

w6NLJ69.jpg

Also I tried to get an Epic shot of all my infantry together like a sea of Power Armor you see on the cover of Horus Rising but my photo booth is too small guess I need to upgrade to a Studio now :D

fUE4Z1y.jpg

• Mike French, Penddraig, Coopervisor and 3 others like this

#132 Unwanted

Unwanted

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:51 PM

Oooh, remember the WoW-Warlock animation, I thought the pose of the Librarian looked familiar from the get-go :D

• ROBOcaster likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users