#21 firstsilentprophet

firstsilentprophet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 719 posts
  • LocationAuckland, Eastern Australia

Posted 28 March 2017 - 05:50 AM

Hey, whats the jump pack on the chap with lightning claws, 3rd from the right?

"We are the greatest humans ever born – we are the flame of Humanity where the rest of the galaxy is just the spark. In centuries of warfare, against the vileness of the alien, the lies of the heretic, the foulness of the mutant, I have never known fear –" Sanguinius in the battle for Terra.

#22 Vasara

Vasara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • LocationEspoo, Finland

Posted 28 March 2017 - 06:16 AM

Hey, whats the jump pack on the chap with lightning claws, 3rd from the right?

Spellcrow

#23 Vasara

Vasara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • LocationEspoo, Finland

Posted 19 April 2017 - 05:47 AM

Two nights until next event. Finally my BA allies are able to field as whole army them selves.

nc8Bzm6.jpg

The event is 1750 and it's the first time I have BA as Age of Darkness force, not allies. Not very competitive this time though against all Spartans and other Land Raiders.

• Baal Triumphant likes this

#24 Vasara

Vasara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • LocationEspoo, Finland

Posted 21 April 2017 - 05:37 AM

All set for Saturdays WAR. It will be Day of Revelation

8JRqyos.jpg

• Baal Triumphant likes this

#25 Vasara

Vasara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • LocationEspoo, Finland

Posted 24 April 2017 - 07:15 AM

Weekend is behind and I had a great time. Here are pair of pictures from my games

9qY1MBH.jpg1st game was against Iron Hands played by my friend. He's a nice guy and didn't take Ceramites to his two Land Riders. My Storm Eagle was on fire exploding both of them. But still in a mission where tanks can also score I lost by one point. Great game again.

4frJOWJ.jpgSecond game was against Word Bearers and again a friend of mine. My Boaty Dread won the Shoot out in the beginning and I was better able score 40k Maelstrom cards managing to win the round. The Dice were also on my side slighty perhaps.

From my last game against Alpha legion I have no pictures. Nor is there much to tell about. My Leviathan was immobilized by 5pts rocket behind 2+ cover and and Cataprachts were able to save seven out of eight AP2 wound dealt to them after saving close to 20 normal saves. In the end My opponents list, tactics and dice where too much for me to handle.

Here is a better picture of my BA including almost all the models that I have painted ATM

Yv0cz0V.jpgTsCoSwH.jpg

• Sigismund's Ghost and Baal Triumphant like this

#26 Vasara

Vasara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • LocationEspoo, Finland

Posted 17 August 2017 - 05:33 AM

I have noticed recently that new BA showcase models from FW have more bling than previously. (Sicaran Arcus, Thunderhawk)

My BA is mostly rad and black with very little gold. And no gold on vehicles. I thought it was so also in the fluff, but new models differ from it. Should I add more gold to my models?

I also got to play against Custodes a week ago with no success at all. Yesterday my opponent was Ironwarriors who got destroyed by their dice.

sTjDFA1.jpgThe ninth legion claim territory from defending IW-legion as attacker in Ambush! deployment.

#27 firstsilentprophet

firstsilentprophet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 719 posts
  • LocationAuckland, Eastern Australia

Posted 17 August 2017 - 05:47 AM

There is a mixed bag out there: http://heresy30k.inv...iration-thread/

I do think that BAs are now being shown with a lot of fine gold tracery or filigree on their armour more than before, but i guess that's just an evolution as FW spend more time working on Angelus and building up some great back stories and artwork.

The new decals have some great stuff to add extra gold filigree work to vehicles (yet to try myself - hate to put it on and then stuff it up (given the small amor and high cost)). 

The cool thing - you can always ADD a little more detail later. I am actually looking at some of my mass red, thinking...where can i add without turning into a 1K looking army. ;)

"We are the greatest humans ever born – we are the flame of Humanity where the rest of the galaxy is just the spark. In centuries of warfare, against the vileness of the alien, the lies of the heretic, the foulness of the mutant, I have never known fear –" Sanguinius in the battle for Terra.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users