#1 Vasara

Vasara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationEspoo, Finland

Posted 09 September 2016 - 06:50 AM

This will hopefully be a project log for me where I'll post progress of my IX legion along with some occurrences on the gaming table. My main force is Solar Auxilia at the moment but more enthusiastic about BA now. My first goal is to get Day of Ravelation allied detachment with Leviathan Dreadnought.

So far I have tried out my painting skills on a test squad of tacticals.

jZOWUF7.jpg

One readyish without base others are waiting for highlights.

I have already a Leviathan and a 40k Land Speeder waiting to be assembled at home, but I'm still wondering about the speeders armament. Bare bones, multimelta, assault cannon or double assault cannon? something else. Leviathan will have one of both cc hands and assault cannons.

• Noserenda and BBF like this

#2 Birkebein

Birkebein

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 11:21 AM

Multi-melta and graviton guns for vehicles, for infantry i guess double assault cannons, but maybe double heavy bolters so you dont have to get so close.

#3 SanguineSon

SanguineSon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationDC Metro Area

Posted 09 September 2016 - 06:04 PM

I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure you can only do a single Heavy Flamer/Assault Cannon on the Legion Land Speeder. I don't have my book available at the moment, but that sounds off.

Blood%20Angel-01_zpswjlpjn40.pngBy His Blood I am made. By His Blood I am armored. By His Blood shall I triumph. Blood%20Angel-01_zpswjlpjn40.png

#4 Birkebein

Birkebein

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 09:14 PM

Its possible. It comes stock with a heavy bolter, and then you can buy another one additionally.

Might be better to take a volkite culverin.

#5 SanguineSon

SanguineSon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationDC Metro Area

Posted 10 September 2016 - 12:08 AM

Can't swap a Heavy Bolter for an Assault Cannon; only a Heavy Flamer.

I've got my book in front of me, and you can take an additional Heavy Bolter, but do not get the option to change that one to a Heavy Flamer (which is the prerequisite for the Assault Cannon swap).

As such, I'd go Multi-Melta + Graviton Cannon or Assault Cannon + Heavy Bolter.

Blood%20Angel-01_zpswjlpjn40.pngBy His Blood I am made. By His Blood I am armored. By His Blood shall I triumph. Blood%20Angel-01_zpswjlpjn40.png

#6 Vasara

Vasara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationEspoo, Finland

Posted 10 September 2016 - 06:45 AM

Thanks for commenting guys.

I see no restriction in changeing that second heavy bolter to heavy flamer. Nor do I see any special allowence eather. But lets continue this debate in rules section. Unless there is a clear faq on this on as you can take double multimelta for any legion this way so the question is not BA only.

#7 Vasara

Vasara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationEspoo, Finland

Posted 19 September 2016 - 10:45 AM

I had a hobby day yesterday:

jWuBWHB.jpgPlayed a game against friends Ultramarines. My Leviathan Dreadnought was blown in to pieces on arrival despite 2+ cover. It killed a marine. On the other hand My Perdition blade Praetor with Assault squad was wrecking Ultramarines center lines. In the picture Ultramarine Terminators have escaped from cc only to notice that they can snap shot next turn. Welcome to 30k "Sipsikäsi" :D

lv8vzf9.jpgOn the hobby front I got my Leviathan assembled along with Legion Land Speeder. A good day.

• BBF likes this

#8 Vasara

Vasara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationEspoo, Finland

Posted 04 October 2016 - 06:19 AM

The progress is slow. But there is progress.

One month to an event at our LGS. 20 Heresy players are expected witch is biggest 30k event so far in here. 

uJvofSn.jpg

Today will be yet another game against Imperial fists. This time my opponent brings Terminators in Spartan because I wished him to do so. That is something I most certainly need to play against in the future too so I want to see how my list fares against that kind of army instead of basic "Calth lists".

#9 Vasara

Vasara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationEspoo, Finland

Posted 04 October 2016 - 07:12 PM

I hate Imperial Fists!

#10 Unwanted

Unwanted

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 830 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 11:06 PM

Your reply to yourself made me chuckle.

Solid red going on, and that event sounds great. Fingers crossed that you'll be all ready!

Brotherhood of the Shattered Spear - 05-04-2017: Assault Ram! Veterans!

#11 Vasara

Vasara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationEspoo, Finland

Posted 12 October 2016 - 06:16 AM

Got to stomp some Son's of Horus yesterday.

e70gAZK.jpg

OqTlDrW.jpg

Pictures are from Turn 2b when Ba has begun it's advance. The assault marines managed to mishap back to reserves but they arrived T2 successfully. Solar Auxilia Softened SoH lines by taking out Sicaran. Contemptor was also not able to resists Leviathan shooting so no charge for it. Charging Blade of perdition is murder to terminators with i6 attacks that makes them re-roll saves basicly.

• Zombiejitsu and BBF like this

#12 Zombiejitsu

Zombiejitsu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 12 October 2016 - 08:35 PM

Keep it up dude. Good progress here!

Zombiejitsu ™:  A comprehensive combative system developed for destroying the undead.

#13 Vasara

Vasara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationEspoo, Finland

Posted 01 November 2016 - 07:52 AM

Small progress again. Test if gold trimmings are ok on some of the models. Black is still my main second color.

hy3FvOs.jpg

Next Sunday we have 1500pts event where I need my BA allies painted. Almost all of red painting is done. Then a lot of black and some details. And bases. Always I forget the bases don't make them selves ready but need painting too.

• BBF and Baal Triumphant like this

#14 Vasara

Vasara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationEspoo, Finland

Posted 07 November 2016 - 08:02 AM

Finally some (almost) ready miniatyres:

exlCVAK.jpgThis is what I was able to finnish to the tournament

OUIoiT2.jpgMy whole 1500 pts army with Solar Auxilia primary detachment.

CEVEj0q.jpgFirst opponent was Imperial Fists but not my usual gaming night opponent.

hsmzuEh.jpgMy Praetor about to die to a shot from Missile Launcher after failed 3" charge.

No pictures from second game against Iron Warriors in ambush/killpoint scenario.

ZzJ94kT.jpgIn last game my opponent had really bad dice and even my Land speeder managed to win shoot out against his Sicaran and it got to shoot back once. Here Leviathan prepares for clean up duty after everything that can harm it is destroyed.

It was really fun event and I managed to get 2/3 new players. Most battle points got a White Scar Jet bike army that has been seen here too. They where very good against some "Calth lists" I placed 4th with two victory and one defeat against Iron Warriors. A single powerfist was too much for my Leviathan in that game.

• Coopervisor, Centurion Jay and Baal Triumphant like this

#15 Vasara

Vasara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationEspoo, Finland

Posted 08 November 2016 - 06:08 AM

Some coverage of our event:

army lists and pictures: http://www.gowarhead...draws-near.html

Pictures from tournament and report (in Finnish:D) http://www.gowarhead...k-coverage.html

#16 Vasara

Vasara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationEspoo, Finland

Posted 20 December 2016 - 06:27 AM

Made some progress finally. Hopefully get this painted already this year. How do you get it in a same list with Fort slot and that is beneficial for BA? Day of Revelation and Angle's wrath are out at least.

jB39Kdi.jpg

• Baal Triumphant likes this

#17 Vasara

Vasara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationEspoo, Finland

Posted 23 January 2017 - 09:46 AM

We got an event at our local store again. Three games at 1750pts. First opponent Mechanicum/Iron hands. Didn't kill Thanatar's but managed to win still by killing everything else. Played War of Lies and got 1 point from my two objectives combined.

Uy4OAHh.jpg

Next opponent was Son of Horus. Leviathan was too much for them to handle and I ended up tableing him by T5.

Last game was against Iron Warriors again. I sacrificed the Leviathan to kill his Iron Havocs.

gVsSheG.jpg

Then my Assault squad and Praetor started killing his troops one by one untill they met double assault cannon Contemptor.

bTIrrO3.jpg

I ended second point vice after 3/3 victories. The main focus although was having fun and play with nice painted armies.

There was one very nice DG army that got the best painted award.

IMG_0148.JPG

(photo credit gowarhead.com)

#18 Vasara

Vasara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationEspoo, Finland

Posted 03 February 2017 - 09:52 AM

Making progress. I selected quite slow technique to paint my BA. Vehicles especially.

USs0ozs.jpg

Any suggestion on what to paint black? Doors? Not too much as I like the red color a lot.

• Baal Triumphant likes this

#19 Vasara

Vasara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationEspoo, Finland

Posted 13 March 2017 - 06:58 AM

Finally it's (almost) finished. Playable certainly.

FXIlJCw.jpgvpB6ZuG.jpgjPskTzL.jpg

The base is missing yellow grass. And then I bought some weathering powder to make my BA match my SA. I lose one event point point due different basing.

#20 Vasara

Vasara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationEspoo, Finland

Posted 28 March 2017 - 05:21 AM

Reinforcements inbound.

My second troop and first terminators:

NaPS8pp.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic