Millicant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationVista, CA

Posted 07 May 2016 - 01:27 PM

Greetings brothers!

I'm here to share my ongoing project, the Horus Heresy Battlescribe Catalogues.  If you're not already using
Battlescribe, please have a look.  It's a free list-building software that is developed by a passionate guy in his spare time.  

What I have created are the catalogues for use with Battlescribe.  Currently, they cover all the published Forgeworld Horus Heresy books.  There are certain limitations with the program, but fortunately Battlescribe 2.0 is in the works and it should give me a lot of power to implement some pretty bonkers list-building parameters.  

Download the Horus Heresy Battlescribe repository files HERE.  

If you discover any issues - typos, incorrect points/profiles/etc, or anything else - please let me know!  Submit a new issue using this process and it will get corrected.   Please be as specific as possible - thanks!

Steps for new issues:
1. Go to the Battlescribe Appspot
 page.  (There are also a bunch of other game systems there if you're interested.)
2. Find the Horus Heresy repo, and to the bottom right of the name click on "Details/Report bug," or alternatively just follow this link: Details/Report Bug

3. Choose the file you have an issue with and below it click on "Report a bug"
4. Write up your issue, being descriptive as possible
5. Submit!

Alternatively, post here with your issue (again - being as specific as possible) and I will add it to my list of issues to fix.  

• Marshal Loss, storm666, Martinsen and 16 others like this

#2 Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

The Long March

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,227 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 07 May 2016 - 02:15 PM

Cannot recommend enough for anybody who isn't using this yet. :)

• TheIngram and Millicant like this

The Unblinking Eye

warmaster_horus_sign_by_ddpuka-d32c72x.p

A blog about 30k & the Sons of Horus 29th Company
They shall be illuminated as to the error of their ways.

30px-Battle_for_Cambrius_Minor_Ribbon.jp30px-Inferno_Campaign_Ribbon.jpg

#3 TheIngram

TheIngram

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 07 May 2016 - 02:21 PM

Indeed, great software, so good that I bought pro to support the creator.
  • Millicant likes this

#4 Alaric

Alaric

Resident Dickhead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 06:50 PM

I use it exclusively. I did have an issue once with the Covenant of Fire not allowing Chaplain Rhytan to be the required Chaplain for the formation requirements.
  • Millicant likes this

#5 IamOmegon

IamOmegon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,105 posts
  • Locationkamloops British Columbia Canada

Posted 07 May 2016 - 07:26 PM

I also use the regular battlescribe.

Only a couple of things I have really noticed so far

-Alpha legion stolen firedrakes not having the shield option available to then.
-Unique characters having legion specific upgrade options

#6 Mike French

Mike French

Ordo Moderatus

• Moderators
  • 10,924 posts
  • LocationSalisbury, Wiltshie, UK

Posted 07 May 2016 - 09:01 PM

Never used battle scribe, I've only used QM. Is there much difference?

#7 Sektor

Sektor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 875 posts
  • LocationMontréal, Québec

Posted 07 May 2016 - 11:22 PM

I use the 30k Battlescribe roster editor exclusively, it's fantastic, thank you for your hard work Milicant!

• Millicant likes this

#8 Killerbee

Killerbee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 07 May 2016 - 11:48 PM

It's a great app! Last time I checked (a few days ago) Mechanicum Castellax and Vorax were still displaying the old cost under Cybernetic roster. And Iron Circle can only be taken in squads of 5 instead of 6

#9 m0nolith

m0nolith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • LocationVancouver, Canada

Posted 08 May 2016 - 06:57 AM

Battlescribe vs QM?

Battlescribe wins out for me every time.

No BS assessment:

QM is about a half a second faster, but Battlescribe has pretty much everything, is updated regularly and is more accurate IMO.

Formerly known as Proximo

gallery_86352_12089_1713.jpg

Instagram : m0nolith_

#10 Mike French

Mike French

Ordo Moderatus

• Moderators
  • 10,924 posts

Posted 08 May 2016 - 03:16 PM

Can you edit templates yourself? One thing I like about QM is that if there is an issue, there's no dramas going in and editing the template yourself.

#11 m0nolith

m0nolith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 08 May 2016 - 07:30 PM

Can you edit templates yourself? One thing I like about QM is that if there is an issue, there's no dramas going in and editing the template yourself.

Negative on that one.

There are negatives and positives to both, but out of the two I like it more than QM.

Give it a shot, its free after all.

#12 TheIngram

TheIngram

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 08 May 2016 - 08:14 PM

You can't edit the data files on moble, but you sure as heck can on your PC.

#13 Millicant

Millicant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationVista, CA

Posted 09 May 2016 - 07:31 AM

Thanks for all the support guys!  I really appreciate it.

@Alaric: I don't think that's a requirement anymore.  Let me know if you find otherwise.  

@IamOmegon: Firedrake shields have already been fixed now that they are part of the unit's loadout rather than a legion-specific upgrade.  Unique characters don't have access to legion-specific wargear, I'm afraid.  

@MikeFrench/Proximo/TheIngram: Great question, and thank you Proximo and TheIngram for providing some insight there.  I used both many moons ago, but have long since committed to Battlescribe.  I think it's a superior system, so much so that I've spent the past 2 years developing the Horus Heresy catalogues for it!  QM does offer the opportunity to edit as you go, which is not available (yet) on Battlescribe.  The upside to that is that I am quite diligent about updates, so all you have to do is post here with a problem and I will fix it/release it.  No work for you!  The same can be said for most catalogues if you delve into 40k - that group is large and keeps everything quite up to date.  Beyond simple fixes as well - I add everything as it gets released (once I have the appropriate book in hand).  Ultimately - I invite you to give it a try.  It's free, after all, and I think you'll also have a good perspective to give me some feedback on things that could be improved.  

@Killerbee: The original 3 Mechanicum catalogues are not actually affected by the release of HH:MT.  Unfortunately, the upcoming release of Battlescribe 2.0 will mark the end of my support for the Ordo Reductor, Legio Cybernetica, and Taghmata Omnissiah catalogues.  They are slated to be removed from the repository, but that will be several months still. If you're still using them, I suggest you make a local copy, or snag HH:MT from Forgeworld.  

As for the Iron Circle max size - nice catch!  That has been fixed.  Side note: Holy balls I want to see the list you're building (and affording) that has 6 of those bad boys.

• Alaric likes this

#14 Mike French

Mike French

Ordo Moderatus

• Moderators
  • 10,924 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 07:35 AM

Nice one mate, I'll check it out.

#15 JFQ

JFQ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationGravesend, Kent, UK

Posted 09 May 2016 - 09:08 AM

This may have already been updated, but if not would it be possible to add in the army of dark compliance from book 6?

#16 Millicant

Millicant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationVista, CA

Posted 09 May 2016 - 12:18 PM

This may have already been updated, but if not would it be possible to add in the army of dark compliance from book 6?

Not really.  Since it requires a single detachment with combined entries from two separate catalogues, it would actually require me to write a brand new catalogue just for this.  Unfortunately, that just isn't realistic.

However, with Battlescribe 2.0 on the horizon, I'll be implementing a scheme to approximate this much more closely than at present.  

#17 XorArch

XorArch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 12:51 PM

Hi Millicant,

First of all thank you for doing such a great job on maintaining these army lists it must be a great deal of work, and I appreciate you putting so much your time into this!

I have been using BattleScribe for quite some time for both my 40k and 30k armies and find it an excellent tool.

I have just started a Mechanicum army and noticed that the Vorax Class Battle Automata, only go up to 5 in the current version of the Catalog, you can however take Maniple's of up to 6 which is good as they are sold in batches of 3 ;).

Could you please fix this in one of your next updates?

Thank you in advance.

• TheIngram likes this

#18 Wiseman

Wiseman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 682 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Posted 09 May 2016 - 01:26 PM

Thanks Millicant for your great work, i really appreciate all the effort you put in. Is it possible to change the combi weapons, to allow you to select which combi weapon it is, as it stands, you can't select the dark angels stasis grenades or missiles because of this. (from memory the suspensor web missile launcher doesnt allow this, nor does the suspensor web heavy bolter allow the acid rounds). 

Posted Image

#19 Mike French

Mike French

Ordo Moderatus

• Moderators
  • 10,924 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 01:57 PM

Just down loaded it and wrote a list. It does look very good indeed. I like the print out it gives you with all stats. Very cool.

#20 m0nolith

m0nolith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 02:33 PM

Battlescribe 2.0  :blink:

This is the first im hearing of it.

When do you think it may be ready?!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: battlescribe, repository, list, horus heresy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users