Photo

Emperor's Children - First Strike! Jetbikes ahoy!

• Please log in to reply
204 replies to this topic

#201 Eidolon

Eidolon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 12:10 AM

Right, another update. I find I've been waiting until stuff is finished before posting, which isn't really a requirement of a WIP thread! So here goes!

Now I had the idea of doing a command squad of these bad boys, as nothing says EC more than an eagle headed bike. I was hoping that the new custodes bikes would look like a Bullock pattern, alas not! So I need to figure out the engines, as Sameal's legs include the engines and I don't want all the riders in robes. My current though is casting a cut down deimos exhaust and using that, otherwise it'll be even more expensive......

335h543.jpg

Now I got one of these with the intention of maybe kit bashing it into a Bullock, not really possible, so I've built it as standard and I have to say I quite like it!!

2lxgx2q.jpg

I used the pilot for the Bullock, so I had to improvise a new pair of legs and well, I am liking this!

25uk4yb.jpg

I think I might use the Scimitars to represent Skyslayer heavy support, so I might make the pilots more beefy looking, so might go Mk2/3 with the riders. Will probably give them Phoenican helmets, unless anyones got better ideas!!

207qnms.jpg

I am really liking MKII with Phoenician heads! I think I will stick to MKIV with the normal heads and have most of my older MKs with Phoenician pattern helmets, to imply they are more veteran!

11wetmf.jpg

I had a few issues with this maniac! I decided the pink wasn't pink enough so I've re-highlighted the edges, so I shall now tidy up the rest of the overspray and finally get this guy done and dusted!!

#202 Grieux

Grieux

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 10:44 AM

Dude these are sexy as f**k, particularly the jetbikes. Again the color transitions are sublime, striking and smooth, and the stripes brilliantly weathered. The mkii legs fit seamlessly too.

And I agree, for me EC most iconic look is mkii with Phoenician helmets!

#203 Eidolon

Eidolon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 11:04 PM

Phalanx Warder heads are a viable option in my opinion, less overtly weird and chaotically inclined, but I guess that'd suit your force quite well :D

They do look good, my second batch has a much better white paint job too. When I initially floated the ideas of helmet variants on the assault veterans the Phalanx weren't well received. I'd reconsider of course, but I think I quite like them on the 'stern guard'. I think maybe the plume didn't fit the vibe, but I really like the topknot on them!

Dude these are sexy as f**k, particularly the jetbikes. Again the color transitions are sublime, striking and smooth, and the stripes brilliantly weathered. The mkii legs fit seamlessly too.

And I agree, for me EC most iconic look is mkii with Phoenician helmets!

I have to say, I really do like the jet bikes, it does allow for the airbrush to do its thing! I really need to do more vehicles for that reason.

I am currently debating how to build the riders; the Bullock will have a blinged up chosen for a command squad test, pretty much got that one sorted. I am really not sure about the Scimitar pilot, maybe normal MK2 heads, I am just worried i'll over do the Phoenician heads!! 

#204 Princess

Princess

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 04:44 PM

Good to see these appear! I ade my way here from a few other forums as well. When did you go to Oz?

#205 Unwanted

Unwanted

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 07:54 PM

Mk. II and Phoenician helmets are golden.

I personally have little love for the Bullock Pattern, much prefer the Scimitars, but I can see them working well for your IIIrd. Legion needs.

Brotherhood of the Shattered Spear - 05-04-2017: Assault Ram! Veterans!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users