Photo

Emperor's Children - Better call Saul....

emperors children third legion loyalist

• Please log in to reply
226 replies to this topic

#221 Eidolon

Eidolon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 07:51 AM

Alas, poor Saul will have to wait, I've slightly tinkered with his pose, not entirely sure with it at the moment. I may need to hack at a few more bits and pieces to get him to fit back together!!

Oleander is pretty much done, just need to take down the gloss varnish, but i'll pin wash him and get him based.

I've been dabbling with my purple recipe of late, and have come up with this... its actually significantly brighter and pinker than my existing efforts, so I love it. Just need to get my photo game on!

15qvmzo.jpg

This will represent a Veteran Assault marine, modelled on IHF Seraph Strike Squad. I am seriously considering using Eidolon's helmet for the first 9 of the these dude, luckily the Sgt can have a bare head; its going to cost.....

• bluntblade likes this

#222 Eidolon

Eidolon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 03:22 AM

I've been plodding away with the veterans! Actually really looking forward to doing some simple tacticals again!!

Anyway I should be able to get the squad up to 4, the other dudes will need to remain headless whilst I source more Eidolons helmets!!

2s0kao8.jpg
  • Dibdab666 likes this

#223 Grieux

Grieux

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,474 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 09:06 AM

Dude this looks fantastic!

#224 Eidolon

Eidolon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 10:19 PM

Cheers mate! I've managed to acquire a few more helmets, so this squad will inch towards at least 10men! Got 6 Eidolon helmets now!!

A few more details on the swords to go, then it's just the helmets. I'll probably add a combat shield to one of these dudes too! Hopefully I'll get them finished the weekend!

#225 Eidolon

Eidolon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 10:33 PM

Alas, no time for Assault marines, not much time for anything really! However o did get sucked into to Lil Legends paint a Rhino, so I'm about 2/3rd of the way through the process!

Really thought I'd push the pink - does mean I'm going to have to re-pink my existing vehicles... damn it!!

vfh8nl.jpg

veoz2x.jpg

313is82.jpg

I've got a marble effect going on with the door, doesn't quite show up on pics too well. Weathering and chipping next - always heart breaking scuffing up 3rd Legion stuff....

#226 Raglan

Raglan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,630 posts
  • LocationMonmouthshire

Posted 06 August 2017 - 06:29 PM

How many points is this collection now? 

#227 Eidolon

Eidolon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 06:47 AM

I really haven't looked up points, it's not a workable army yet on account of me lacking focus to finish things! I recon i'd stretch to 1,500 on a good day. I have decided to knuckle down and paint what I've got with a view to actually fielding something!

Well, I've currently had an impromptu trip back to the UK, so took the bits of Saul back to repair in my down time, so here he is after his repair! Took him to the place it all started, GW Dudley - not that its the actual original store, but hey ho!! I am crying at the cost differences between here and Oz!

296lx6v.jpg

1oaf4o.jpg

• ThePrince likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: emperors children, third legion, loyalist

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users