218 replies to this topic

#201 Eidolon

Eidolon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 12:10 AM

Right, another update. I find I've been waiting until stuff is finished before posting, which isn't really a requirement of a WIP thread! So here goes!

Now I had the idea of doing a command squad of these bad boys, as nothing says EC more than an eagle headed bike. I was hoping that the new custodes bikes would look like a Bullock pattern, alas not! So I need to figure out the engines, as Sameal's legs include the engines and I don't want all the riders in robes. My current though is casting a cut down deimos exhaust and using that, otherwise it'll be even more expensive......

335h543.jpg

Now I got one of these with the intention of maybe kit bashing it into a Bullock, not really possible, so I've built it as standard and I have to say I quite like it!!

2lxgx2q.jpg

I used the pilot for the Bullock, so I had to improvise a new pair of legs and well, I am liking this!

25uk4yb.jpg

I think I might use the Scimitars to represent Skyslayer heavy support, so I might make the pilots more beefy looking, so might go Mk2/3 with the riders. Will probably give them Phoenican helmets, unless anyones got better ideas!!

207qnms.jpg

I am really liking MKII with Phoenician heads! I think I will stick to MKIV with the normal heads and have most of my older MKs with Phoenician pattern helmets, to imply they are more veteran!

11wetmf.jpg

I had a few issues with this maniac! I decided the pink wasn't pink enough so I've re-highlighted the edges, so I shall now tidy up the rest of the overspray and finally get this guy done and dusted!!

#202 Grieux

Grieux

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 10:44 AM

Dude these are sexy as f**k, particularly the jetbikes. Again the color transitions are sublime, striking and smooth, and the stripes brilliantly weathered. The mkii legs fit seamlessly too.

And I agree, for me EC most iconic look is mkii with Phoenician helmets!

#203 Eidolon

Eidolon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 11:04 PM

Phalanx Warder heads are a viable option in my opinion, less overtly weird and chaotically inclined, but I guess that'd suit your force quite well :D

They do look good, my second batch has a much better white paint job too. When I initially floated the ideas of helmet variants on the assault veterans the Phalanx weren't well received. I'd reconsider of course, but I think I quite like them on the 'stern guard'. I think maybe the plume didn't fit the vibe, but I really like the topknot on them!

Dude these are sexy as f**k, particularly the jetbikes. Again the color transitions are sublime, striking and smooth, and the stripes brilliantly weathered. The mkii legs fit seamlessly too.

And I agree, for me EC most iconic look is mkii with Phoenician helmets!

I have to say, I really do like the jet bikes, it does allow for the airbrush to do its thing! I really need to do more vehicles for that reason.

I am currently debating how to build the riders; the Bullock will have a blinged up chosen for a command squad test, pretty much got that one sorted. I am really not sure about the Scimitar pilot, maybe normal MK2 heads, I am just worried i'll over do the Phoenician heads!! 

#204 Princess

Princess

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 04:44 PM

Good to see these appear! I ade my way here from a few other forums as well. When did you go to Oz?

#205 Unwanted

Unwanted

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 07:54 PM

Mk. II and Phoenician helmets are golden.

I personally have little love for the Bullock Pattern, much prefer the Scimitars, but I can see them working well for your IIIrd. Legion needs.

Brotherhood of the Shattered Spear - 05-04-2017: Assault Ram! Veterans!

#206 Raglan

Raglan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,051 posts
  • LocationMonmouthshire

Posted 25 April 2017 - 02:56 PM

Your models keep getting sexier  :wub:

#207 Eidolon

Eidolon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 08:26 AM

Good to see these appear! I ade my way here from a few other forums as well. When did you go to Oz?

This is a pretty good forum, I'm glad to have found it, it seems to have a more 'grown up' approach! I actually prefer posting here as it is soley for the 30k Master race as opposed to 40k peasants...... ;)  I've been in Oz nearly 3 years now!

Mk. II and Phoenician helmets are golden.

I personally have little love for the Bullock Pattern, much prefer the Scimitars, but I can see them working well for your IIIrd. Legion needs.

I've made some progress on the MkII's - I have to agree there! They'll be coming soon enough. I actually quite like the Bullock, really wish FW would do some variant patterns. It strikes me as a much more iconic design than the scimitar. That said, I really do like the scimitar now i have got one!

Your models keep getting sexier  :wub:

Why thank you! Is it weird that I like painting marines pink! Haha. This latest batch are taking things to the next level of pinkness!

Took my Veterans to the local GW for a little photo shoot - really happy with them, only another 9 Assault Veterans and 6 Sternguard left to do.... Oh the joy!! 

2bcw2e.jpg

ngi0i.jpg

w9tukm.jpg

t6qreq.jpg

dblh8j.jpg

xelm3d.jpg

2s0igz6.jpg

• kizzdougs likes this

#208 Raktus

Raktus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 08:41 AM

Are your pretty boys really as magenta as the pictures shows them to be? or is it the filter that helps improve the pang-effect?

#209 Grieux

Grieux

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 10:25 AM

These are some sexy fabulous murderers!

• Eidolon likes this

#210 Eidolon

Eidolon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 12:18 PM

Are your pretty boys really as magenta as the pictures shows them to be? or is it the filter that helps improve the pang-effect?

The filter actually makes them look as pink as they really are, in a good natural light. The local GW is very well lit, so I like to head down there to take a few cheeky pics!

These are some sexy fabulous murderers!

Wait till you see my Night Lords.... :) I do really like the Sternguard as EC though, you can't get enough bling!!

#211 Unwanted

Unwanted

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 10:10 PM

I am convinced you chose the right helmets. Always loved the "Hard Vacuum"-modification, ever since I saw it on a Relictor-Colour Plate for the 3rd. Armageddon War all those years ago!

#212 Eidolon

Eidolon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 12:44 PM

I am convinced you chose the right helmets. Always loved the "Hard Vacuum"-modification, ever since I saw it on a Relictor-Colour Plate for the 3rd. Armageddon War all those years ago!

Well I liked the laurels and decor on the helmets, I am really torn between giving the Sgt a bare head and using the lovely Sgt insignia head!!

Well, here is the latest offerings, nothing too special, but everyone needs more tactical marines!! I'll be aiming for a complete squad of 20 Mk IVs and at least 10 MKII's!

70jdzn.jpg

2hhngbd.jpg

• kizzdougs, war009 and Unwanted like this

#213 Eidolon

Eidolon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 10:35 PM

As a little break from the tactical marines I thought I'd start some Terminator concepts, the prospect of squads of 5 is a welcome break from 20 tacs! I also really enjoyed painting my Tartaros squad, so like the idea of an elite Terminator force.

I've always liked the classic art of the Cataphractii from the Heresy card game, and whilst I love the models I'm kind of sad there's no horse hair plume! So, I decided to make some blinged up concepts. Uber bling for a command squad and just slightly less bling for another squad!

Command Squad
2r3z88y.jpg

Quite happy with this, want to give these guys crazy exotic weapons, given the EC penchant to use quality weapons of defeated foes!

Veteran Terminator squad

v5yd6v.jpg

I'm pondering heads at the moment, I'm kind of hoping the gorgon heads work, as they are kind of 'snouty' an look a little like the old school slaanesh marine heads. Some modified 1k Son heads might also work, or Blood Angel ones. Any ideas?!

Still lots to do, just haven't had chance to paint for a while!!
  • kizzdougs likes this

#214 Raglan

Raglan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,051 posts
  • LocationMonmouthshire

Posted 17 May 2017 - 08:03 AM

He should paint up very well. 

#215 Unwanted

Unwanted

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 09:45 PM

Oh, liking that a lot! Can't wait for paint!

#216 Mordian7th

Mordian7th

Ordo Moderatus

• Moderators
  • 5,525 posts
  • LocationBoulder, CO USA

Posted 21 May 2017 - 05:51 PM

Very cool! Adding the plumes really makes 'em pop!

Mordian 7th Regiment - Polluting the blogosphere since 0.273.009/M03 ;)

#217 Eidolon

Eidolon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 01:37 PM

Very cool! Adding the plumes really makes 'em pop!

Thanks! I really think they should have put plumes as standard on the Cataphractii! Would have saved the lives of many plastic horses.....

He should paint up very well. 

Oh, liking that a lot! Can't wait for paint!

I will look forward to painting these bad boys, although there will be need to some greenstuff work around some of the joints and back - selective photography hides a multitude of sins!

I recently read Primogenitor and liked the idea of Fabius' band of merry men, so I've been working on creating an Apothecarion as I think nothing says Emperor's Children like Apothecaries (ok, and deviant practices!) It was actually a means to use up some Kakophoni bodies, as my force is nominally loyalist, with a few suspect element, such as my Von Kalda, based on a helmeted Kakophoni model.

My aim is to have at least 10 Apothecaries/Primus Medicaes, just because I can... I've got 1 done, so here are the next 4!!

The first is an excuse to use a really corrupted model, hence me doing so many, I can have good guys and bad guys!! I am debating on giving him a churigen like backpack.

24v4p6x.jpg

Not entirely sure on the sword, might swap it for a pistol, depending on my bits box!

2hwledg.jpg

This is essentially a re-do of my mini diorama, i decided the old pink wasn't as vibrant as my current marines, so it needed re-doing. I've also got a bit better with my whites.

27x3x38.jpg

Couldn't very well have a biker command squad without a Primus Medicae now could I now?. Really not liking the how the Ravenwing arm doesn't have anything in the hand of the Narthecium arm so I'll convert the MK2 arms to fit this dude, unless i source other arms in the mean time!

23rnyx3.jpg

Inspired by Kizzdougs, I decided to combine the fanciest bits I can find make this guy! Used some Sanguinary Priest bits, will no doubt add tubes and other medical looking stuff

#218 Raglan

Raglan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,051 posts
  • LocationMonmouthshire

Posted 24 May 2017 - 09:59 PM

Looking great so far. 

#219 Unwanted

Unwanted

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 10:03 PM

Great start on an impressive Apothecarion! Emperors Brats are certainly the right Legion for this kind of medical shenanigans :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users