Natanael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts
  • LocationLund, Sweden

Posted 21 November 2014 - 12:54 PM

Hello!

As I wanted an extra outlet for my conversion-gene, I decided a while ago to do some Mechanicus to work as allies for my WBs or SWs. And since converting/scratch-building is fun, and FW is expensive, I will probably not go down the regular path for Mechanicus armies. I will get some Thallax and Castellax as I go along, but the main focus is the tech-thralls, myrmidons, magos and other stuff that is non-robot. I like it because they can look any way I want, and I can build them from whatever I find in my bitz box. 

So here is a picture of what I got so far:

IMG_0006_zps2b2d4c6a.jpg

This is 20 Tech-Thralls, 4 Tech-Priests, Magos Dominus, Magos Prime on Abeyant and the beginnings of 5 Myrmidons. 

I have another 20 tech-thralls to be converted from the Dark Vengace cultists, and then I need to build some Servo-automata for my tech-priests. 

Hope you like what you see, and thanks for looking. 

/ Natanael

• Thomaskax and Charminggeld like this

#2 Mordian7th

Mordian7th

Ordo Moderatus

• Moderators
  • 5,806 posts
  • LocationBoulder, CO USA

Posted 21 November 2014 - 01:56 PM

Very cool conversions, man!

Mordian 7th Regiment - Polluting the blogosphere since 0.273.009/M03 ;)

#3 Natanael

Natanael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts
  • LocationLund, Sweden

Posted 22 November 2014 - 08:51 PM

Thank you, guys =)

I did some Scitariis a while ago. Primed them and started painting today. Here are some pictures, obviously still WIP:

scitarriblack_zpsad3931ec.jpg

Scitarii_zps74ca00c8.jpg

scitariiwip_zps53295574.jpg

Got some stuff left to do, mainly base details, legs/pants, and some weapons and such. Mainly details, a wash on the metals and then I'm gonna call them done. =) 

Hope you like! Thank you for your comments. 

#4 Natanael

Natanael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts
  • LocationLund, Sweden

Posted 24 November 2014 - 01:00 PM

Did some work on the Myrmidons. Gonna start with a build of three of them with Gravguns. Here are some WIP:

Myrmidons1_zpsff43e813.jpg

Myrmidons2_zps71c1e6c7.jpg

#5 Mordian7th

Mordian7th

Ordo Moderatus

• Moderators
  • 5,806 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 04:56 PM

Very cool start on the Myrmidons - looking forward to seeing 'em come together!

#6 Durfast

Durfast

Ordo Moderatus

• Moderators
  • 3,259 posts
  • LocationOdense, Denmark

Posted 24 November 2014 - 04:59 PM

Good start :)

Beware, blog may also contain historical figures!
http://jannersjaunt.blogspot.dk

#7 Natanael

Natanael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts
  • LocationLund, Sweden

Posted 25 November 2014 - 05:58 PM

Thank you both. Had some time off today, and made some GS work on the Myrmidons. This is their current state:

2B7DADF5-5243-4925-96A3-B6BAC7482801_zps

42DB7BD4-EC76-43E5-879B-401E5D7DC1DF_zps

Taken with my iPhone 4S since the regular camera is dead. I dont really know why the one on the left is all dark. He has some layered armour on his chest and some studs and stuff to represent CPU-ports (or the equivalent used my the Mechanicus). 

They are starting to come together now. I just need to find 6 Graviton Guns and then I am set for the finishing touches. 

Hope you like it. Feel free to leave a comment with suggestions on how to make them better, or just say something to keep me going=) 

#8 Natanael

Natanael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts
  • LocationLund, Sweden

Posted 02 December 2014 - 03:19 PM

More work on the Myrmidons. Probably ready for primer. Went for two photon thruster cannons and something that can either be an irridation engine or a graviton imploder on the sgt. 

05527DFF-EF47-4D11-AAAB-DBC2FC019289_zps

#9 UberlordGendo

UberlordGendo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 07:33 AM

I have to say my favorite part is the toes.  I just really like that you took the time to make plasticard toes.

I'm also liking the direction you're taking with the torsos.

The only thing that bothers me is the position of some of the arms-- the guy on my left, for example, looks sort of like he has his arm bent backwards and is pointing his gun at someone standing at his 5 o'clock.  That may just be the camera angle though.

Either way, I'm looking forward to seeing them painted and hearing how they perform on the tabletop; thrallhorde and myrmidon is such cool direction that doesn't seem to get done a lot, presumably because ROBOTS and BATTLE CYBORGS WITH JETPACKS.  (I freely admit that I fall into that category.)

#10 Natanael

Natanael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts
  • LocationLund, Sweden

Posted 04 December 2014 - 01:23 PM

Thank you. I got the toe-idea from Dave Taylor and his fantastic conversions. =) 

Yeah, the one on the left and his gun is kind of a funny angle. It's a bit better then the picture, but still looks kinda odd. I'll see if I can fix it before painting. 

Had a game with my admech as allies for my SW last night. Went south for the poor 30k-guys, but the Archmagos on Abeyant (I'll post a pic sometime soon) and the Myrmidons did great. Turns out that Photon Thrusters are pretty good. They had a shoot out with a unit of Grav-Centurions with Coteaz and a tanking Chapter Master and over three turns managed to kill two centurions, put three wounds on the chapter master and make them all run. =) All this with just one Myrmidon dead and the Archmagos down to one wound (lost one to Gets Hot!). In the fourth turn however, his remaning centurion, 10 lascannons and the rest of the army fired and killed them all, since they were more or less the only thing left on the table for me. :P 

#11 Natanael

Natanael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts
  • LocationLund, Sweden

Posted 10 December 2014 - 10:02 AM

Started painting the Myrmidons:

7EA159DF-C4DA-4EB2-BAF4-1E77F0C88F73_zps

#12 Mordian7th

Mordian7th

Ordo Moderatus

• Moderators
  • 5,806 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 03:14 AM

Very cool, man - great use of bits!

#13 Natanael

Natanael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts
  • LocationLund, Sweden

Posted 08 January 2015 - 01:59 PM

Thank you. Not at all as good as some of the conversions ive seen, but it works for me. A way to get an army a bit cheaper so that I can afford the more iconic stuff like robots and stuff later =) 

I sold some of my eldar (the rest are still up for grabs if anyone is interested) and will be getting some thallax and castellax as soon as my volikites for my WBs arrive with my free shipping voucher. Anyway, I bought a Land Raider for my Admech as well, and this is as far as I got today before i cut myself with the paragon blade and had to take a break. Pic quality sucks, since my wife is away with her iphone so I have to use mine, but you get get the general idea. 

524DA54F-1620-41B0-A5AB-0C9116B987FD_zps

I went for the exposed engine stuff to tie in a little bit with the krios tanks, and to make it look a bit different then regular LRs. I am, however, having some trouble with deciding what weapon to mount in the hull at the front. I am thinking of just building some kind of big cannon to use as a counts-as for whatever, but I'll probably almost always run it as a lascannon. Any suggestions on how to proceed with the front cannon or the LR in general are very welcome. 

Cheers, 

Natanel

#14 Matus

Matus

I am Reductor.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,309 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 09 January 2015 - 06:41 PM

I turret mounted mine.

#15 corublo

corublo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 976 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 06:12 AM

Lascannon or Graviton Cannon are both good. My first Mech LR I built with sponson flamestorms to get up close but it always gets Melta bombed.. So my second one will have hull las and sponson las and be more of a ranged gun platform.

You conversion looks good. You could probably build a frame out of sprue inside there and magnetise a few different weapons?

http://corublo.imgur.com/

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able

to entertain a thought without accepting it. -Aristotle

7Lty9TL.jpg

#16 Natanael

Natanael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts
  • LocationLund, Sweden

Posted 10 January 2015 - 11:26 AM

I turret mounted mine.

That was my first plan, but now it's gonna be a bit hard. =) 

Lascannon or Graviton Cannon are both good. My first Mech LR I built with sponson flamestorms to get up close but it always gets Melta bombed.. So my second one will have hull las and sponson las and be more of a ranged gun platform.

You conversion looks good. You could probably build a frame out of sprue inside there and magnetise a few different weapons?

Not to impressed with the graviton cannon, stats-wise. AP4 really is a bummer. I feel like the Lascannon gives a bit more focus as I can use it like a mobile gun-platform for blasting tanks and heavy inf alike. If it would have been a graviton imploder I think I would have taken it just for the 4 shots, but the large blast is not as good imo. 

Thank you. I have been thinking about that, or just building something that could be used as anyone of the options because, well... mechanicus =) 

#17 Matus

Matus

I am Reductor.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,309 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 10 January 2015 - 03:31 PM

The little turrets from the plastic baneblade have their use.

15023368933_540097e920_z.jpg
Latest mech by Brother Matus1, on Flickr
  • Spinny, Natanael and ROBOcaster like this

#18 Natanael

Natanael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts
  • LocationLund, Sweden

Posted 11 January 2015 - 09:51 AM

Yeah. I solved it like this:

55F9D476-6E07-4C8A-93AD-73E3ECC415FE_zps

Mechanicus LR with TL Lascannon sponsors, hull-moujnted lascannon and flare shield. Now I just need to manage as cool a paint scheme as you did, Matus. I really like your LR. How did you paint it, if I may ask?

#19 Natanael

Natanael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts
  • LocationLund, Sweden

Posted 12 January 2015 - 09:39 AM

I broke down and decided to convert my SW LRR to the cause. Question now is how to arm it? With this LR getting the lascannons-tratement I'm thinking of going with all heavy bolters on the 2nd one. Cheap, and 15 TL HB shots should kill some dudes. What do you think? Another one with all las? 

#20 Sircyn

Sircyn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts
  • LocationWolverhampton

Posted 12 January 2015 - 03:38 PM

Some great conversions! The Myrmidons came out well and only from the bits box!

I'd still be tempted to give the other Land Raider Lascannons, in my 30k games I am always finding I need more anti tank weapons.

I think there are more points efficient anti infantry options at the Mechanicums disposal. As always though, if you think it's cool, do it!! That's why I have a lacrymarta auxillia instead of something else that's good on the table top!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users