Photo

Will Mortarion eventually come out of the Loyalist cosset?

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 FerrusFingers

FerrusFingers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • LocationMid Sussex

Posted 15 September 2017 - 08:52 AM

i actually like the narrative of Morty coming back to the Loyalist side, it is after all not his fault that DG turned, that weasel Typhus... 

My 30k DG play as Loyalist in 40k, I don't care, I'm just not at all into the current DG thing and I've never been into the 40k view of Chaos outside of Daemons, if someone wants fluff around it for 40k its along the lines of 'yadda, yadda, warp storm, yadda, yadda, time travel/time loop, something something, mechanicum, wossname wossname, warp rift, bada boom, bada bing DEATH GUARD without silly spikes (and bloody nurglings)!' (when I'm playing proper narrative that does become more detailed, honest)

• firstsilentprophet likes this

Say what you like about the Fourteenth Legion. They are mean, ugly bastards but tenacious. There's no one else I'd rather have by my side in a war of attrition and almost anyone I'd rather have against me. 

#22 Percilius

Percilius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 10:29 AM

I know i'm a bit late but you also have blood ravens which I think are supposed to be thousand sons.

And in regards to the traitor legions/primarchs turning loyal again, Its possible but not likely from an outsider view.  If they go to the imperium they are likely to get zapped by the many flashlights of the guard or maybe even get banished by the ordo malleus, in fact any inquisition aspect would be a big no no. But maybe if they go to Robute they could stand a chance on a brother to brother note. But then this raises issues between the ultramarines and the inquisition. The inquisition could state that they have conspired with traitors and theyfore are traitors themselves leading to a three way war. Full Chaos, Traitors and Inquisiton Imperium. Only for the Emperor to reincarnate or what ever and go WTF!? is going on here.  

#23 BrotherOracle

BrotherOracle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 04:37 PM

I thought the Minotaurs were world eaters. Red scorpions are emperors children are they Not?

The Minotaurs are not WE (well not pure anyway), they're Iron Warriors; their chapter trait in 7th was the same as the IW legion rules. There's a small note in their fluff that their geneseed might be chimeric, but there is a ton of hints pointing to IW (other then their trait). Moloc is described as being bitter and paranoid, their original tactics when they were unleashed consisted of of a heavy bombardment followed by assault before their disappearance and re-appearance as lackeys of the High Lords of Terra. They are noted for their loyalty to the High Lords and to their chapter master, some thing the factitious World Eaters were not noted for.

Also both the Minotaurs and the IW have a bit of a greek theme.

Their orginal color scheme was hazard stripes. 

But off-topic sorry.

#24 Mike French

Mike French

Ordo Moderatus

• Moderators
  • 11,298 posts
  • LocationSalisbury, Wiltshie, UK

Posted 15 September 2017 - 05:07 PM

I know i'm a bit late but you also have blood ravens which I think are supposed to be thousand sons.

I thought this was put to bed by one of the black library writers? I thought they came out (ADB?) And actually stated that they weren't from thousand sons?

#25 Mounty_chris

Mounty_chris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,958 posts
  • LocationBristol

Posted 15 September 2017 - 05:20 PM

It's harder than that to kill a fan theory
(Tarvitz Lives !!)

#26 bluntblade

bluntblade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 06:50 PM

I don't buy the "it wasn't Morty's fault" line. He didn't choose Nurgle, but he did condemn his own sons, murder worlds and then wax lyrical about it.

gallery_92945_11930_15891.jpeg

#27 ChildofFang

ChildofFang

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 06:51 PM

You can ask Laurie about it :) They are complicated but the lore leads them away from a Blood Ravens.

The Thousand Sons loyal legacy is very different.

TheImperialTruth.com - The Horus Heresy podcast

After Ullanor - The Horus Heresy book review podcast

Follow me on twitter @ChildofFang

#28 bluntblade

bluntblade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 06:52 PM

I thought this was put to bed by one of the black library writers? I thought they came out (ADB?) And actually stated that they weren't from thousand sons?

Not exactly. AD-B said he doesn't like that stuff being totally canon. The FW books tell us there were Thousand Sons operating in small groups on both sides during the Heresy. Just because [REDACTED] wasn't [REDACTED] doesn't mean another bunch of Thousand Sons couldn't become Blood Ravens.

For comparison, some loyalist Death Guard remained after Isstvan. Only one has featured (in a tiny story) in BL, but he's still out there, and there are likely others.

gallery_92945_11930_15891.jpeg

#29 Alaric

Alaric

Resident Dickhead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 09:22 PM

Sure he can come back to the proper side, he just has to shower first. Dirty stinky fucker.

• 307 and Raglan like this

#30 Raglan

Raglan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,008 posts
  • LocationMonmouthshire

Posted 15 September 2017 - 09:41 PM

Dirty stinky fucker.

......I wonder why your average geek likes Morty and his DG  :rolleyes:

• Alaric and FerrusFingers like this

#31 Death Guard

Death Guard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts
  • LocationNorth West UK

Posted 16 September 2017 - 10:09 AM

How can a Daemon Primarch come back to the fold and be accepted, after being responsible for the deaths of billions of imperial citizens over thousands of years?

Even if his demon-ness is physically and psychically reversed he has still led an entire chapter of space marines astray. He was in charge when it went bad. Period. No blaming it on one of his subordinates.

Doesn't work for me fluff wise?

Death Guard Dave

#32 Raglan

Raglan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,008 posts
  • LocationMonmouthshire

Posted 16 September 2017 - 11:17 AM

Doesn't work for me fluff wise?

Dave, this is GW we are dealing with  :unsure:

• Death Guard likes this

#33 FerrusFingers

FerrusFingers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • LocationMid Sussex

Posted 16 September 2017 - 04:45 PM

We all know how Emo kids can get led astray Dave... 

• Death Guard likes this

Say what you like about the Fourteenth Legion. They are mean, ugly bastards but tenacious. There's no one else I'd rather have by my side in a war of attrition and almost anyone I'd rather have against me. 

#34 Death Guard

Death Guard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts
  • LocationNorth West UK

Posted 18 September 2017 - 12:28 PM

"Oh, no, he's going emo. He's dressing like a goth and he's letting himself go"

Check out the Lancashire Hot Pots on youtube or google.

Genius.

Death Guard Dave

• Ancient Crixus likes this

#35 Still standing

Still standing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 02:34 PM

That was Laurie Golding, after he had left Black Library. All he said was "I don't like the idea". There have been articles in White Dwarf since then that have very un-subtly hinted that they are Thousand Sons.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users