Photo

Will Mortarion eventually come out of the Loyalist cosset?

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 Raglan

Raglan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,008 posts
  • LocationMonmouthshire

Posted 12 September 2017 - 08:09 PM

Have a listen to this video and decide whether you think Mortarion might be the traitor primarch who returns to fight alongside the emperor? 

His Death Guard are well and truly tainted, but might Mortarion be able to shake off the chains of chaos. 

• Crimsonhands, Lelandnef and Segwayzem like this

#2 LunaWolvesLoyalist

LunaWolvesLoyalist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 08:49 PM

Hey may want to, but I think that ship has sailed. He is a Deamon Primarch. His soul is either gone or for ever chained to Nurgle. He picked the wrong side and paid for it.

• Durfast and bluntblade like this

#3 Raglan

Raglan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,008 posts
  • LocationMonmouthshire

Posted 12 September 2017 - 09:02 PM

He is a Deamon Primarch. His soul is either gone or for ever chained to Nurgle. He picked the wrong side and paid for it.

Have you listen to the video, apparently that shit can be reverted. 

• Crimsonhands likes this

#4 firstsilentprophet

firstsilentprophet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 719 posts
  • LocationAuckland, Eastern Australia

Posted 12 September 2017 - 09:04 PM

There must be some loyalist death guard chapter that still exists in 40K. But we just don't know it. Is that possible?

It could be cool to Mortarion get into a fight with nurgle, due to his loss at konor. Nugle wins of course, and strips mortarion of his power as a lesson. But then some unknown chapter rushes in and rescues the primarch.

Could be good for some twists and turns!

"We are the greatest humans ever born – we are the flame of Humanity where the rest of the galaxy is just the spark. In centuries of warfare, against the vileness of the alien, the lies of the heretic, the foulness of the mutant, I have never known fear –" Sanguinius in the battle for Terra.

#5 Mike French

Mike French

Ordo Moderatus

• Moderators
  • 11,298 posts
  • LocationSalisbury, Wiltshie, UK

Posted 12 September 2017 - 09:05 PM

Have you listen to the video, apparently that shit can be reverted.

If so then any of them could. Even Angron or Lorgar.

My money would be on Omegon still being alive and coming back to the fold. The rest are in too deep.
  • Durfast likes this

#6 Raglan

Raglan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,008 posts
  • LocationMonmouthshire

Posted 12 September 2017 - 09:21 PM

If so then any of them could. Even Angron or Lorgar.

You didn't listen properly to the video Michael  :rolleyes:, it's possibly all reversible.  

#7 Penddraig

Penddraig

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,451 posts
  • LocationArlesey, Bedfordshire

Posted 12 September 2017 - 09:44 PM

There must be some loyalist death guard chapter that still exists in 40K. But we just don't know it. Is that possible?!

Yes.

The Council of Terra kept samples of all the gene-seed from all the Legions. Following the Heresy and the subsequent Foundings there are heavy hints that some Chapters were created from traitor Legion gene-seed. Two of the bigger hints are the Silver Skulls from the Iron Warriors and the Minotaurs from Emperors' Children.

We also know several traitor companies stayed loyal (Dantioch of the Iron Warriors being the more famous example). In a galaxy where several companies from the parent Legion are spread out, there is no doubt that some traitor companies stayed loyal and were accepted (with close monitoring) into the Imperium. With record-keeping so poor in the Imperium, it would be easy for these companies to erase their tainted past.
'Let us speak now of the death of kings...' - Richard II
Sons of Horus 131st Company "The Kingslayers" http://aus30k.com/30...itle=L-XVI-3752
'Better to reign in Hell then serve in Heaven!' - John Milton, Paradise Lost
'What is it about my leadership that makes you think I tolerate failure?' - Ezekyle Abaddon, Black Legion

#8 storm666

storm666

Jens Rosemann

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,566 posts
  • LocationEssen, Germany

Posted 13 September 2017 - 02:03 AM

In the novel "Dark Imperium" Belesaruis Land ehm Cawl is asking G-Man if he can also use the "heretic Legions" genseed to create Primaris marines. They could easily create the Primaris Death Guard and call it a day

"All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth."

- Lorgar Aurelian, Primarch of the Word Bearers Legion, Chosen of Chaos Undivided and Bearer of the Word

#9 IamOmegon

IamOmegon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts
  • Locationkamloops British Columbia Canada

Posted 13 September 2017 - 04:18 AM

I thought the Minotaurs were world eaters. Red scorpions are emperors children are they Not?

#10 Mike French

Mike French

Ordo Moderatus

• Moderators
  • 11,298 posts
  • LocationSalisbury, Wiltshie, UK

Posted 13 September 2017 - 06:34 AM

You didn't listen properly to the video Michael :rolleyes:, it's possibly all reversible.

I did listen, just don't buy it.

#11 DaanofWar

DaanofWar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 09:34 AM

I hope that never happens. I know anything is possible in 40k, but having a Daemon Primarch become a shining beacon of loyalty and virtue would take a lot of grimness and darkness out of the grim darkness of the 41st millenium. As far as my taste in 40k is concerned: The more irredeemably f-ed everything is, the more I enjoy it.

#12 Durfast

Durfast

Ordo Moderatus

• Moderators
  • 3,222 posts
  • LocationOdense, Denmark

Posted 13 September 2017 - 12:53 PM

It's the Lion ;)

Beware, blog may also contain historical figures!
http://jannersjaunt.blogspot.dk

#13 Raglan

Raglan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,008 posts
  • LocationMonmouthshire

Posted 13 September 2017 - 05:49 PM

I did listen, just don't buy it.

All bets are off, I reckon anything could happen now. 

It's the Lion ;)

Supporting evidence or just an hypothesis? 

#14 Penddraig

Penddraig

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,451 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 07:32 PM

I thought the Minotaurs were world eaters. Red scorpions are emperors children are they Not?

Oops yep. Red Scorpions = Emperors Children. Apologies .
Sons of Horus 131st Company "The Kingslayers" http://aus30k.com/30...itle=L-XVI-3752
'What is it about my leadership that makes you think I tolerate failure?' - Ezekyle Abaddon, Black Legion

#15 LunaWolvesLoyalist

LunaWolvesLoyalist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 12:14 PM

So a Deamon Primarch suddenly becoming normal again would be odd, at this point I could see it. GW is going for a light in the darkness vibe it seems now.

Sadly I doubt my favorite Traitor Primarch will be switching sides any time soon. Magnus is just too broken, too bitter and too many of the shards of his soul that still felt loyal to the Emperor have been destroyed.

#16 Mounty_chris

Mounty_chris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,958 posts
  • LocationBristol

Posted 14 September 2017 - 05:14 PM

Ooh nope. Magnus could easily turn loyal. He just has to find one particular shard which represents the best of him
. which is... missing :)

#17 Raglan

Raglan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,008 posts
  • LocationMonmouthshire

Posted 14 September 2017 - 05:31 PM

Ooh nope. Magnus could easily turn loyal gay. He just has to find one particular shard which represents the best of him
. which is... missing :)

Just fixed your typo mate 

#18 Penddraig

Penddraig

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,451 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 05:53 PM

Sorry? Magnus is loyal... He did nothing wrong.

#19 kijamon

kijamon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 09:08 PM

I know you're just joking about but the Magnus did nothing wrong thing is very tiresome. It does the legion and the tragedy a total disservice. 

They did wrong, they fucked up, they thought they knew better. They didn't. It's a shame, they didn't deserve what happened to them but then they really fucked it up for themselves.

#20 Raglan

Raglan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,008 posts
  • LocationMonmouthshire

Posted 15 September 2017 - 06:38 AM

They did wrong, they fucked up, they thought they knew better. They didn't. It's a shame, they didn't deserve what happened to them but then they really fucked it up for themselves.

Sorry bud, are you talking about the Heresy or this gentleman? 

kim-jong-un-acme-meme-56a754c33df78cf772

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users