#1 Raglan

Raglan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,008 posts
  • LocationMonmouthshire

Posted 02 September 2017 - 09:05 PM

At what point in the Heresy time-line, are we likely to see Daemon Engines appear? 

• RobertJom and WilliamDRUCH like this

#2 Penddraig

Penddraig

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,451 posts
  • LocationArlesey, Bedfordshire

Posted 02 September 2017 - 10:11 PM

From Book 8 we'll start (if the FW team keep with the original plan) to see the Dark Mechancium playing more with Warp entities as power sources. These (in narrative if not in rules) will start to show certain side-effects like hightened aggression, need for blood, kine shields etc. There have already been a few hints for this - Book 4 has an awesome picture of a Knight using Warp power to fuel the chassis.

However, these are still early stages of the Dark Mechanicum experiments - in terms of full-on Daemon engines like the Maulderfiend, Heldrake, Brass Scorpion etc these probably won't be available until around the Sol Campaign. Some of the earlier descriptions of the Terran Siege did describe Khornate Daemon-engines operating alongside Titan Legions to breach the walls.
  • Durfast and Raglan like this
'Let us speak now of the death of kings...' - Richard II
Sons of Horus 131st Company "The Kingslayers" http://aus30k.com/30...itle=L-XVI-3752
'Better to reign in Hell then serve in Heaven!' - John Milton, Paradise Lost
'What is it about my leadership that makes you think I tolerate failure?' - Ezekyle Abaddon, Black Legion

#3 Raglan

Raglan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,008 posts
  • LocationMonmouthshire

Posted 02 September 2017 - 10:25 PM

That will be a nice start, also gives the studio sculptors lots of opportunity to go nuts (compared to the legion stuff). 

#4 Coopervisor

Coopervisor

Boy Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts
  • LocationStokyo, UK

Posted 03 September 2017 - 10:24 AM

I'm looking forward to anything like this come out, even without official rules. I like the idea that you have these Tech Priests that are shown the wonders of the warp and the creatures that live there and their first reaction is, lets chain them up inside a boiler and use it to power robots. 

The brass scorpion is fantastic and next up I'm working on a decimator to go alongside my Word Bearers and Mechanicum. 

"The chicken is radiating disorder out into the wider universe"

Mechanicum: http://heresy30k.inv...tle-mechanicum/

Questoris Knights + Household Guard: http://heresy30k.inv...auxilia-allies/

Word Bearers: http://heresy30k.inv...hes-of-empires/

#5 Penddraig

Penddraig

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,451 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 11:25 AM

Mark Bedford discussed at this stage the DM don't know the Warp hasn't entities within it - they just use it as a power source. It's not until some of these batteries start gaining awareness and side-effects that the DM begin to really investigate the Warp properly.
  • Durfast and PastelAvenger like this
Sons of Horus 131st Company "The Kingslayers" http://aus30k.com/30...itle=L-XVI-3752
'What is it about my leadership that makes you think I tolerate failure?' - Ezekyle Abaddon, Black Legion

#6 Raglan

Raglan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,008 posts
  • LocationMonmouthshire

Posted 03 September 2017 - 12:14 PM

I'm looking forward to anything like this come out, even without official rules. I like the idea that you have these Tech Priests that are shown the wonders of the warp and the creatures that live there and their first reaction is, lets chain them up inside a boiler and use it to power robots. 

The brass scorpion is fantastic and next up I'm working on a decimator to go alongside my Word Bearers and Mechanicum. 

I think DM allies for the Word Bearers and Iron Warriors are very thematic.  

#7 Liquid_O

Liquid_O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • LocationSLC UT

Posted 03 September 2017 - 04:20 PM

In the battle of Bodt in book 6 there are several mentions of traitor mechanicum walkers "Possessed of outsized combat claws and propelled across the wastes by disturbingly articulated limbs". They're noted as being really hard to put down and using warp fields rather than atomantic shielding. When I first read it the blood slaughterer of Khorne came to mind. But really any of the FW daemon engines fit the bill IMO.

#8 Raglan

Raglan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,008 posts
  • LocationMonmouthshire

Posted 03 September 2017 - 08:31 PM

All sounds great, lets start mixing it up against those dirty loyalists. 

#9 Penddraig

Penddraig

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,451 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 09:40 PM

Would make a change from all the gold :).

#10 Ancient Crixus

Ancient Crixus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 10:54 PM

either way it will be interesting to see what FW does with it. Will Daemon engines follow suit as to how they are now being actual vehichles- or will they be treated as MCs like alot of the other Mech bots.

#11 BrotherOracle

BrotherOracle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 04:11 PM

In book 3 the hunter killer bots sound like proto-defilers 

#12 Raglan

Raglan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,008 posts
  • LocationMonmouthshire

Posted 12 September 2017 - 05:35 PM

either way it will be interesting to see what FW does with it. Will Daemon engines follow suit as to how they are now being actual vehichles- or will they be treated as MCs like alot of the other Mech bots.

I know the answer in 8th edition  ;)

• Ancient Crixus likes this

#13 storm666

storm666

Jens Rosemann

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,566 posts
  • LocationEssen, Germany

Posted 13 September 2017 - 03:05 AM

In one of the Garro audio dramas he fights something really akin to a Defiler on Calth.

"All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth."

- Lorgar Aurelian, Primarch of the Word Bearers Legion, Chosen of Chaos Undivided and Bearer of the Word

#14 Raglan

Raglan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,008 posts
  • LocationMonmouthshire

Posted 13 September 2017 - 05:59 PM

In one of the Garro audio dramas he fights something really akin to a Defiler on Calth.

I have met Garro at a number of Heresy events and he does like a good drama (f@#king drama queen)  ;)

• storm666 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users