• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Lollo129

Lollo129

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 02:39 PM

Hi guys I want to modify my current BA army which includes 3 contemptor with a Pride of Legion army and a lots of terminator armour
This new project is based on 30 tartaros terminator (I want to do them with Ec phoenix guard opportunely modified)
The army includes:

RoW: Pride of the Legion

- Legion Praetor @ 170 Pts - Paragon Blade, Iron Halo, Digital Lasers, Melta Bombs

- 9x Legion Terminator @ 345 Pts - 2x Power Fist, 5x Chainfist, 2x Power Axe, 2x Power Lance

- 9x Legion Terminator @ 345 Pts - 2x Power Fist, 5x Chainfist, 2x Power Axe, 2x Power Lance

- 9x Legion Terminator @ 345 Pts - 2x Power Fist, 3x Chainfist, 4x Fist, 2x Power Axe

- 10x Legion Veteran Space Marine @ 305 Pts
2x Iliastus Pattern Assault Cannon, 2x Combi-plasma, Nuncio Vox, Legion Vexilla,
Sergeant with Artificer Armour and Power Fist
+ Rhino @ 40 Pts - Dozer Blade

- 10x Legion Veteran Space Marine @ 305 Pts
2x Iliastus Pattern Assault Cannon, 2x Combi-plasma, Nuncio Vox, Legion Vexilla,
Sergeant with Artificer Armour and Power Fist
+ Rhino @ 40 Pts - Dozer Blade

- Legion Predator Strike Armoured Squadron
@ 250 Pts
1. Armoured Ceramite, Dozer Blade, Iliastus Pattern Assault Cannon Sponsons, Twin-Linked Iliastus Pattern Assault Cannon
2. Armoured Ceramite, Dozer Blade, Iliastus Pattern Assault Cannon Sponsons, Twin-Linked Iliastus Pattern Assault Cannon

- Legion Kharybdis Assault Claw @ 235 Pts

- Mastodon @ 700 Pts

In my view I could impact the enemy's lines in the second turn with the mastodon (and 20 tartaros inside) and the Kharibdys (with other 10 tartaros inside) while predator and the two Veteran squad could controls the object
What do you think?
Thanks

#2 Raglan

Raglan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,630 posts
  • LocationMonmouthshire

Posted 12 August 2017 - 07:42 PM

Doesn't shout Blood Angels to me  :unsure:

#3 Lollo129

Lollo129

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 09:47 PM

Doesn't shout Blood Angels to me :unsure:

Hi raglan, why IT doesn't shout BA to you?
Consider that in my local community a lots of player have similar army which includes spartan, Thudd and leviathan
There are other 2 BA player in Milan with army with a lot of assault Marines, while this army would represents a different approach to the play
IF i want to play basic army I simply play my other 3 Legion ;)

#4 KJ_Rowsell

KJ_Rowsell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth

Posted 13 August 2017 - 11:02 AM

Hi raglan, why IT doesn't shout BA to you?
Consider that in my local community a lots of player have similar army which includes spartan, Thudd and leviathan
There are other 2 BA player in Milan with army with a lot of assault Marines, while this army would represents a different approach to the play
IF i want to play basic army I simply play my other 3 Legion ;)

I think it's because Raglan likes to stick with the fluff as do I. Although I'm sure BA used many different tactics and approaches to fighting, they are known for being an assault troop army that deep strikes. For example, my 3500pt army I am currently building has 75 assault marines, 4 dreads in pods and 2 fire raptors. BA are known for having fast armies.

I find your army could suit any army and leads me more towards an IF one if I'm honest. If you want to shout BA you have to have assault marines.

Saying that, I would be very interested to know how this army played out
In the darkess hour, you'll find the truth of who you are.

#5 Imalu55

Imalu55

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 06:30 AM

but they were also known as the army that had modified engines in transports. play what makes you happy unless its 9 quads and levi  :P

#6 drweir4

drweir4

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 09:07 AM

Seems pretty BA to me - it definitely has the shock and awe factor which is mentioned in the fluff we have so far on their favoured tactics

Not every blood angel army has to have jump pack troops ;) I think that would get very boring, very quickly

#7 firstsilentprophet

firstsilentprophet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts
  • LocationAuckland, Eastern Australia

Posted 14 August 2017 - 09:41 PM

Yeh, i kinda think BA scream assault troops. But assault terminators could fit the bill - some lightning claws could be cool. I thinking if termies are your thing, throw a lightning claw squad in an assault ram, or drop pod (yes i see your using 1)? Shake it up that way, and deliver the termies down the throat of the enemy! I don't have/never played a mastodon - be keen to see how well it delivers the heat ;)

"We are the greatest humans ever born – we are the flame of Humanity where the rest of the galaxy is just the spark. In centuries of warfare, against the vileness of the alien, the lies of the heretic, the foulness of the mutant, I have never known fear –" Sanguinius in the battle for Terra.

#8 Vasara

Vasara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationEspoo, Finland

Posted 15 August 2017 - 10:55 AM

First It didn't look like BA to me, but after reading the comments it looks very good.

The only things I would change are the two predators. Baal's are things from the future. I'd rather see Dreadnoughts or Speeders instead of them.

#9 littlemen

littlemen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 701 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 15 August 2017 - 01:51 PM

My Blood Angels so far consist of Cataphractii, A Mk. IV Dreadnought, Veterans and Destroyers - because those are what I wanted to paint. That's it. I would like to do some breachers and assorted tanks at some point because I like them too. It would amuse me greatly to have someone look at my army and tell me it wasn't fluffy enough.

Let the fluff inspire you not restrict you. Come up with your own theme and paint the models you want to paint. Make them pretty. Have fun and don't worry too much about winning games. It's kind of a screwball game, but it's an awesome hobby.

#10 drweir4

drweir4

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 02:13 PM

Agree - I find the fluff to be a great source of inspiration, not a constriction for building armies. Within a theme I often then impose self built constraints but again, I actually find that helps in building armies

It's such a big change from how I used to write 40k lists, and now I usually start with the narrative for the army and the characters and then build out the army / lists to that theme (instead of trying to bolt a narrative on to the list I wanted to write)

#11 littlemen

littlemen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 701 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 15 August 2017 - 02:21 PM

Also what are power lances and can blood angels take such a thing?

#12 drweir4

drweir4

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 03:12 PM

I presume the power lances are just the one from the main rulebook - its the secret 4th type of standard "power weapon" after sword, axe and maul

I *think* there was an FAQ somewhere at some point which clarified for 30k what it meant when it said "power weapon", can't remember if lance was included or not tbh

• littlemen likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users