#21 Shovellovin

Shovellovin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 August 2017 - 02:53 PM

Awesome! I don't have much of anything 30K yet but one day I'd love to own a Stormbird; they're great models.

Afraid not bud. 2 storm eagles are looking to be relocated to another legion and are awaiting some white or red paint. Not sure yet.

Painted is,

Stormbird
1 storm eagle
1 assault ram
2 lightnings
1 Anvillus
6 drop pods.

Built awaiting paint
1 assault ram
4 dread drop pods

Needing built
1 Anvillus

All to be completed by December's Apoc game, and hopefully before FWs Wolves units are released. I'll put one up then.

I do have this, of the completed flight wing. The pods are just painted in Metallic burnt Iron to be used across multiple legions.

20161202_150112_zpsyfmq1gf7_edit_1480691

#22 ChainMachete

ChainMachete

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 498 posts
  • LocationSaffron Walden, UK

Posted 12 September 2017 - 09:17 AM

I played against a Mastodon in a 3k game a couple of weeks ago. Whilst it was a fantastic model and looked awesome on the table, it didn't really make its points back. It killed a couple of attack bikes and a few tacticals. It also managed to immobilise my charging Leviathan with overwatch from one of its lascannons - very lucky rolling and shouldn't have happened anyway because after the game I read the rules and it turns out defensive fire only works when there's a unit still occupying it. But I guess this error was made up by my opponent only rolling (and failing) to restore his void shields once.

First turn I did ~4 hull points because it was pretty much the only thing on the table. Turn two everything disembarked, so for a while I was more preoccupied with it's contents, plus a load of other deep-striking and outflanking units that had also just arrived. I think if I'd continued trying to kill the Mastodon instead of the rest of his army, it would have done really well as a massive distraction Carnifex - not doing much damage to my army, but soaking up a load of damage and saving his more squishy units. But I didn't fall for that trap. Turn 4-5, I took off its remaining hull points by charging it with a load of Gal Vorbak. Turns out a rending S10 powerfist, rending S7 power mauls and a ton of rending S5 standard attacks can do a lot of damage.

Fun game, but with the Mastodon, it felt like my opponent was down 300-400 points.

#23 Raglan

Raglan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,008 posts
  • LocationMonmouthshire

Posted 12 September 2017 - 05:41 PM

I played against a Mastodon in a 3k game a couple of weeks ago. Whilst it was a fantastic model and looked awesome on the table, it didn't really make its points back.

Its not suppose to make it's points back, it's designed to get your troops through a wall. 

There is little point to using it in a standard game (brilliant in it's primary role, wank for anything else).  

#24 FerrusFingers

FerrusFingers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • LocationMid Sussex

Posted 14 September 2017 - 07:28 AM

Tried using mine against 2 bastions, was playing in 8th against a Daemon army, the Mastodon traveled literally 10 inches total and was destroyed. Looked REALLY cool though. It was in for the wrong legion though, used it for Iron Hands as its in the rust/primed/steel stage before it gets painted up for Death Guard and weathered to hell. 

Say what you like about the Fourteenth Legion. They are mean, ugly bastards but tenacious. There's no one else I'd rather have by my side in a war of attrition and almost anyone I'd rather have against me. 

#25 Raktus

Raktus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 08:10 AM

man that looks awesome Mike. I gotta get me a storm bird to fly wingman next to my thunderhawk!

#26 Raglan

Raglan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,008 posts
  • LocationMonmouthshire

Posted 14 September 2017 - 03:45 PM

Tried using mine against 2 bastions, was playing in 8th against a Daemon army, the Mastodon traveled literally 10 inches total and was destroyed. Looked REALLY cool though. It was in for the wrong legion though, used it for Iron Hands as its in the rust/primed/steel stage before it gets painted up for Death Guard and weathered to hell. 

Really, what hit it? 

• FerrusFingers likes this

#27 Penddraig

Penddraig

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,451 posts
  • LocationArlesey, Bedfordshire

Posted 14 September 2017 - 05:54 PM

Lasguns. It's the way of 8th...
  • Relentless likes this
'Let us speak now of the death of kings...' - Richard II
Sons of Horus 131st Company "The Kingslayers" http://aus30k.com/30...itle=L-XVI-3752
'Better to reign in Hell then serve in Heaven!' - John Milton, Paradise Lost
'What is it about my leadership that makes you think I tolerate failure?' - Ezekyle Abaddon, Black Legion

#28 Raglan

Raglan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,008 posts
  • LocationMonmouthshire

Posted 14 September 2017 - 07:38 PM

You disappoint me with that silly comment  :(

#29 Percilius

Percilius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 10:37 AM

:D :D :D :D

Massed guardsmen gun line, very little can beat it especially now everything can wound anything.

I must relook and see how the massed conscripts with flamers and a commissar works if its still allowed

#30 FerrusFingers

FerrusFingers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • LocationMid Sussex

Posted 15 September 2017 - 01:11 PM

Really, what hit it? 

Some massive Daemon basically punched it to death. Honestly my knowledge of the Chaosey side of things is sketchy at best and I suspected shenannigans were afoot. 

Say what you like about the Fourteenth Legion. They are mean, ugly bastards but tenacious. There's no one else I'd rather have by my side in a war of attrition and almost anyone I'd rather have against me. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users