#1 IamOmegon

IamOmegon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,154 posts
  • Locationkamloops British Columbia Canada

Posted 19 June 2017 - 06:02 PM

Just heard a rumor that apparently one loyalist legion may fall, and one traitor legion may be redeemed.

First thought is that they finally reveal the Dark angels for the traitors they are. I mean they do have the Fallen helping out Guilliman now don't They?

Also, for some reason the alpha legion isn't mentioned at all in the new chaos stuff.... could this be because they are joining the good guys again?
  • Durfast likes this

#2 Raglan

Raglan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,130 posts
  • LocationMonmouthshire

Posted 19 June 2017 - 07:03 PM

I'd be happy for the Ravens to fall, but I can't see it somehow. 

#3 Mounty_chris

Mounty_chris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,963 posts
  • LocationBristol

Posted 19 June 2017 - 07:11 PM

Ooh delicious.
Well the wolves are in a bad state in the current timeline.. Fenris over run by daemons, recruitment ground tainted, harbouring mutants..

And the Thousand Sons have always been loyal...
  • Mordian7th likes this

#4 IamOmegon

IamOmegon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,154 posts
  • Locationkamloops British Columbia Canada

Posted 19 June 2017 - 07:29 PM

The scenarios are too fun to not think about...

Maybe Kurze was never killed? Khan comes back too twisted and tormented?

I can't see guilliman or Vulcan falling. Or any of the main 4 demon primarchs switching back. But other than that any of them Could be plausible

#5 Raglan

Raglan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,130 posts
  • LocationMonmouthshire

Posted 19 June 2017 - 07:44 PM

Ooh delicious.
Well the wolves are in a bad state in the current timeline.. Fenris over run by daemons, recruitment ground tainted, harbouring mutants..

Mike would just love that  :wub:

#6 Alaric

Alaric

Resident Dickhead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 07:57 PM

Gulleman is Omegon. Primaris marines are the geneseed AL stole from RG. Rumors are fun.

Seriously tho, DA make sense...redemption though..Iron Warriors? I mean the chaosified dickbags shouldn't have any hope of redemption so its AL, IW and...NL? None of them seem viable cept the AL.

Pfft, Russ' sissy dogs would make good target practice I guess. Gotta test that new flying LR on something...

#7 Raglan

Raglan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,130 posts
  • LocationMonmouthshire

Posted 19 June 2017 - 08:03 PM

My money is on the IWs coming out of the loyalist closet.  

• Alaric likes this

#8 firstsilentprophet

firstsilentprophet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 758 posts
  • LocationAuckland, Eastern Australia

Posted 19 June 2017 - 09:08 PM

What if......

Horus and Sanguinius were in it together! Horus didn't kill him, and he never had angel wings - the glorified white feathered wings is just propaganda; they were black bat-like wings. And we all know.... can't kill a wamphyri. Dante is actually Alpharius! Beautiful.

Now lets refer to this thread on Dakka, and then refer to that on B&C, then quote that back here! Rumour mill started.

Dunt dunt dah!

• Alaric likes this

"We are the greatest humans ever born – we are the flame of Humanity where the rest of the galaxy is just the spark. In centuries of warfare, against the vileness of the alien, the lies of the heretic, the foulness of the mutant, I have never known fear –" Sanguinius in the battle for Terra.

#9 Alaric

Alaric

Resident Dickhead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 09:13 PM

Now lest refer to this thread on Dakka, and then refer to that on B&C, then quote that back here! Rumour mill started.

The forum version of Telephone lol

#10 Mike French

Mike French

Ordo Moderatus

• Moderators
  • 11,386 posts
  • LocationSalisbury, Wiltshie, UK

Posted 19 June 2017 - 09:20 PM

Omegon is alive and still fighting for the emperor, girlyman never killed him, it was all a ruse. The Lion returns after Russ smashes open the Rock to drag him from his cell and give him back his sword that Cypher was smuggling about for the last 10,000 years. They both run around smashing up the Dark Angels for turning traitor and locking Lionel in the brig.
  • IamOmegon and Alaric like this

#11 Grieux

Grieux

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 01:01 AM

Cawl creates a new kind of cocaine so good that Fulgrim is forced to apologise and come back to the fold to get his fix.
  • chopper008, IamOmegon, ThousandWolves and 1 other like this

#12 fezza213

fezza213

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 02:07 AM

The only two legions I can see fitting this mix is Dark Angels turning traitor and Alpha Legion turning Loyal. It would take some major efforts to do this without seriously pissing off a lot of players. Dark Angels would be the easiest to do as they are already there in a way (Dark Angels and the fallen) but you would need to split the legion instead of making them all traitors otherwise you isolate quite a number of players. Alpha Legion is the only traitor army that I can see turning loyal but again, you would have to leave the fluff open for them to play as either or you risk invalidating armies.

I can't see IW turning loyal, perturabo is a daemon prince so unless they some how reject chaos it won't happen. Alpharius/Omegon and Kurze are the only traitor primarch's to not turn into daemon primarches and unless they someone manage to bring back Kurze i think Omegon is the only valid option. I have noticed that there has been mention of a lot of the different legions in the fluff so far but I have not seen mention of alpha legion (that might not mean a lot though).

#13 Castus

Castus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts
  • LocationTopeka, Kansas USA

Posted 20 June 2017 - 04:41 AM

Bets on alpha legion that they'll be redeemed... (but maybe this was their real plan... all along... mwahahah).
  • ThousandWolves likes this

"May the wrath of Zeus descend upon you like a great black toad in heat"

#14 Loken

Loken

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 455 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, California, USA

Posted 20 June 2017 - 05:10 AM

Just heard a rumor that apparently one loyalist legion may fall, and one traitor legion may be redeemed.

First thought is that they finally reveal the Dark angels for the traitors they are. I mean they do have the Fallen helping out Guilliman now don't They?

Also, for some reason the alpha legion isn't mentioned at all in the new chaos stuff.... could this be because they are joining the good guys again?

This makes sense.  Dark Angels are cleaerly screwed up and divided and the Alpha Legion turned to save mankind.  And they still say "For the Emperor!".

HH-21.jpg

#15 firstsilentprophet

firstsilentprophet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 758 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 06:59 AM

I still wonder if they will make use of the lost 2 legions? With the changes currently happening in 40K, there can always be repercussions back in 30K.

"We are the greatest humans ever born – we are the flame of Humanity where the rest of the galaxy is just the spark. In centuries of warfare, against the vileness of the alien, the lies of the heretic, the foulness of the mutant, I have never known fear –" Sanguinius in the battle for Terra.

#16 ThousandWolves

ThousandWolves

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 07:18 AM

I still wonder if they will make use of the lost 2 legions? With the changes currently happening in 40K, there can always be repercussions back in 30K.

Well, one of the interesting things about the Primaris is that they were derived from the geneseed of the original twenty legions, apparently.

#17 ThousandWolves

ThousandWolves

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 07:19 AM

Bets on alpha legion that they'll be redeemed... (but maybe this was their real plan... all along... mwahahah).

I'm so convinced about this that I'm building an Alpha Legion army that works with either loyalist or traitor rules.  :D

• IamOmegon likes this

#18 Death Guard

Death Guard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • LocationNorth West UK

Posted 21 June 2017 - 12:58 PM

When White Scars go bad........

You heard it here first :)

#19 firstsilentprophet

firstsilentprophet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 758 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 09:09 PM

I am still reading my way thru the new Ed rule book.

I am surprised that SLAANESH only gets a mention with the other 3 gods, and Emperors Children don't even rate?

Black Legion/Death Guard/ Thousand Sons. No EC!

Maybe there is a reason they didn't rate a page???

Could it be that Fulgrim returns to the fold? Unlikely perhaps, but why no EC mentioned.....

Start the rumour mill! ;)

• timelyhammer likes this

#20 Dibdab666

Dibdab666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • LocationNottingham

Posted 30 June 2017 - 09:25 PM

I just see those loyalist marine players sudenly find out that they are traitors 

Be like dunking a hob nob and it breaks in the tea 

Heresy indeed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users