• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Irongills

Irongills

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 03:52 PM

So after attempts to replicate a 'candy red' armor scheme, I've decided to invest in an airbrush. The difficult choice now is to decide which airbrush paint out there to use for the legion. After research, I've found 3 different options and would love ya'lls thoughts: Tamiya Clear Red (easy to get), Angron Red (Not easy to get, but FW original), and Minitaire Ghost Tint Fresh Blood.

Which one of these do you all use? I'd love to see some example pictures of how the paint you used came out and what it's like working with them.

#2 RazielKOH

RazielKOH

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 04:20 PM

I love FW's Angron Red. I'm a GW fanboy, so if they make it, I use it. I find that my $75 job gets it done just fine. I found the kit on Amazon. 'Master Airbrush Kit' should find you what you need. I only use it for basecoating, and it works great. The Angron Red goes through smoothly - I've never had it clog up on me. Over a gold undercoat, it looks fabulous. I'm over on Instagram under Jedi Raziel, if you want to check out what it looks like. Cheers!

#3 Thamor

Thamor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • LocationBlackpool, UK

Posted 19 June 2017 - 04:22 PM

Tamiya is the one I use, over gold. Make sure you get some Tamiya thinner for it though. I didn't really like Agron red, it was very hit and miss.

6r0aid.jpg

#4 Liam Ryan

Liam Ryan

Liam Ryan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
  • LocationCairns, Australia.

Posted 19 June 2017 - 07:24 PM

Tamiya works great. It's the paint that FW used to develop the scheme. As Thamor said you must use the matching tamiya thinner.

#5 Imalu55

Imalu55

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 11:01 PM

Tamiya clears are top notch and as you already know very easy to source as well. Just buy a bottle of x29 thinner as well

#6 ThousandWolves

ThousandWolves

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 01:22 AM

I like Vallejo's model air Signal Red. Nice, bright, metallic red straight out of the bottle. No need for thinning etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users