• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Bitzforthebitzgod

Bitzforthebitzgod

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 01:34 AM

Could I take a Herald as my compulsory HQ, while running the Ironwing rite of war?

I would want to do this so I could take vet tac squads as compulsory troop choice with my ironwing

#2 firstsilentprophet

firstsilentprophet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 639 posts
  • LocationAuckland, Eastern Australia

Posted 19 June 2017 - 02:20 AM

NO. (at least i don't believe so).

Refer to the Legion Consuls rule top of page 19 in the AoDAL - to take a ROW you need a Praetor or Primarch.

Unless there a special DA rule that i don't know...which i admit is more possible.

I believe a Delegatus is the only consul that can substitute for a Praetor or Primarch.

"We are the greatest humans ever born – we are the flame of Humanity where the rest of the galaxy is just the spark. In centuries of warfare, against the vileness of the alien, the lies of the heretic, the foulness of the mutant, I have never known fear –" Sanguinius in the battle for Terra.

#3 Dono1979

Dono1979

Narrative Campaign Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 03:51 AM

Herald cannot be taken as Compulsory

#4 Bitzforthebitzgod

Bitzforthebitzgod

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 04:06 AM

Ah yes I mean delegatus. And you are right in restrictions 'a legion preator may not be taken'

So I couldn't use vet tac squads as troop choices with the Ironwing ROW

#5 Natanael

Natanael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,481 posts
  • LocationLund, Sweden

Posted 19 June 2017 - 08:20 AM

You need someone with the Master of the Legion-rule. Praetors and Primarchs have that, as does Delegatus. So pick one of those to lead your force, and then pick a single RoW. 

If Ironwing makes Vet Squads troops, then yes. If Ironwing doesnt do that, you need to choose between having vets as troops and using the ironwing, as you can only hever have a single RoW. They are still scoring, however, as they have implacable advance. 

#6 EdTat

EdTat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationJust So. Of Buffalo NY

Posted 22 June 2017 - 03:56 PM

Nataniael is correct on all counts, I would add that terminators also have implacable advance, effectively making them a " troop " unit too. I'm very much looking forward to the next book, Angelus, as that will round out our rule set nicely, and perhaps give us some more options for ROW. And a Primarch of our own ... sigh ....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users