#21 blackbabyjesus

blackbabyjesus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationEast Devon, UK

Posted 15 June 2017 - 11:28 AM

For me at least the rules are separate to the 'environment'. 30k armies using 8th edition 40k rules are still heresy themed, if not as separate as they are under 7th.
  • Curtishox, Billysnuff, Michaeldar and 13 others like this

#22 Raglan

Raglan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,008 posts
  • LocationMonmouthshire

Posted 16 June 2017 - 04:50 PM

Enjoy the hobby going forward my German friend, I'm sure the Heresy will move over to 8th edition once FW realise what a piss poor decision it was to remain with 7th ed.

#23 Veterannoob

Veterannoob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 04:58 PM

sorry to hear and hope you can come play 30K again sometime soon.

#24 storm666

storm666

Jens Rosemann

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,567 posts
  • LocationEssen, Germany

Posted 16 June 2017 - 08:26 PM

Enjoy the hobby going forward my German friend, I'm sure the Heresy will move over to 8th edition once FW realise what a piss poor decision it was to remain with 7th ed.

And when that day is there I'll switch back asap!

"All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth."

- Lorgar Aurelian, Primarch of the Word Bearers Legion, Chosen of Chaos Undivided and Bearer of the Word

#25 Raglan

Raglan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,008 posts
  • LocationMonmouthshire

Posted 16 June 2017 - 09:44 PM

And when that day is there I'll switch back asap!

Good call buddy, enjoy 8th ed 40k in the meantime  ;)

• storm666 likes this

#26 Depthcharge12

Depthcharge12

Drinker of the Ales

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,284 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 17 June 2017 - 02:10 AM

You'll be back see, they always come backkkkkk...hissssss

:P

I'm switching to some 40k Tau in the meantime too until 8th comes out for the Heresy. Like I love the Heresy a ton...but 8th is just everything a boy needs.
*Insert Funny Thing Here*

Master of Blades, cutting your thangs, killin yo' aides.

#27 FerrusFingers

FerrusFingers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts
  • LocationMid Sussex

Posted 19 June 2017 - 10:29 AM

I feel your pain around the 7th/8th thing. I've not been playing long and only just getting my head around things properly and boom, 8th drops and my local gaming club have all instantly gone over to it. 

Personally i've switched to Raven Guard / Death Spectres for 8th as I've acquired a really nicely painted force which is ready to go straight away which I'm adding the Primaris to. 

For my Death Guard, Iron Hands and Mechanicum, they are now chiefly going to be a personal project and a nice modeling challenge for the most part. I'm only 20 guys short of my 100 Iron Hands troop target and I love my Death Guard force and will continue to grow it in readiness for the switch to 8th for Heresy. The Solar Aux I'm proxying as Scions for now so I'm motivated to get them done ASAP. 

Shame to see another one go from the HH hobby but I'm sure you and others will be back soon! Happy Trails. 

• storm666 likes this

Say what you like about the Fourteenth Legion. They are mean, ugly bastards but tenacious. There's no one else I'd rather have by my side in a war of attrition and almost anyone I'd rather have against me. 

#28 niftyvt

niftyvt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 19 June 2017 - 10:52 AM

Once the Fires of Cyraxis forgeworld book comes out most of the mechanicum models will be 8th ready.  :D

• Arghan Div and sol_invictus like this

#29 FerrusFingers

FerrusFingers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts
  • LocationMid Sussex

Posted 20 June 2017 - 10:07 AM

@storm666 have you seen the new Imperial Armour books? A huge amount of Heresy stuff is now playable in 8th. #justsaying

• storm666 likes this

Say what you like about the Fourteenth Legion. They are mean, ugly bastards but tenacious. There's no one else I'd rather have by my side in a war of attrition and almost anyone I'd rather have against me. 

#30 ArbitorIan

ArbitorIan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 11:00 AM

If you're looking to play in 8ed, a few of us are working on a 8ed supplement for Heresy gaming (combining all the data sheets in the same place, writing up extra ones based on current 8ed rules).

We have a short discussion thread here : http://heresy30k.inv...-in-8th-format/

We'll be posting our version of the basic Legions book later this week for people to test!

#31 storm666

storm666

Jens Rosemann

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,567 posts
  • LocationEssen, Germany

Posted 20 June 2017 - 12:38 PM

@storm666 have you seen the new Imperial Armour books? A huge amount of Heresy stuff is now playable in 8th. #justsaying

Yeah sure. Already preordered and I will use it heavily :) 

• FerrusFingers likes this

"All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth."

- Lorgar Aurelian, Primarch of the Word Bearers Legion, Chosen of Chaos Undivided and Bearer of the Word

#32 elwe

elwe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 22 June 2017 - 11:59 AM

It shame that you leave.

I've seen a topic about the sale of six black books. Do you sell them too?

#33 storm666

storm666

Jens Rosemann

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,567 posts
  • LocationEssen, Germany

Posted 22 June 2017 - 12:27 PM

Those are mine, yes. Read them all once but since the rules are all invalid I'm thinking of turning them into money and buy more soliders ;) 

• elwe likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users