#1 storm666

storm666

Jens Rosemann

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,580 posts
  • LocationEssen, Germany

Posted 13 June 2017 - 11:40 AM

With the move of my gaming group to 8th and the - in my opinion - doubtful decision from Forge World to stick with the 7th Edition, I have seen a switch in my interest in the last couple of days or nearly weeks. 

For me personally Horus Heresy is now (kinda) dead. 

My main group always played 40k but I was able to play with them because we used the same basic rules. No one went totally nuts with the lists, so we always had nice and fun games. And it was fun to play against Orks or Eldar from time to time with my Word Beares Legion. 

But now this is no longer possible. I'm now separate with my rules and armies. I can choose to continue buying HH stuff and build up my HH army, but I have no one that I can challenge. So I go back to 40k...

Which leads me to this thread...

I just wanted to say: Thank you!

You all are very nice gentlemen and I always loved to hang out in this community. I've seen some incredible armies and paint jobs here (Looking at you, Garro) and even found nice guys which send me stuff from the UK-only events. Most of the rules discussions were really civilized and straight forward. The event reports from you guys (especially Pendraig) were absolutely awesome and made me feel like I've been there.

But in the future I'll rarely visit here anymore. I won't quite but my focus will move back to 40k and so I won't post here a lot. I hope FW will switch to 8th edition someday and I'll see you all here again.

Until then: Goodbye from Lorgar and his Space Taliban!

• Darog, pezo, Penddraig and 33 others like this

"All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth."

- Lorgar Aurelian, Primarch of the Word Bearers Legion, Chosen of Chaos Undivided and Bearer of the Word

#2 Mordian7th

Mordian7th

Ordo Moderatus

• Moderators
  • 5,807 posts
  • LocationBoulder, CO USA

Posted 13 June 2017 - 12:38 PM

Bummer - I rather enjoyed your contributions over the years. I have a feeling that later next year we'll see the Heresy move over to 8th, so hopefully we'll see you on the other side!

• storm666 likes this

Mordian 7th Regiment - Polluting the blogosphere since 0.273.009/M03 ;)

#3 chrumchrum

chrumchrum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts
  • LocationPoznań, Poland

Posted 13 June 2017 - 12:43 PM

Schade :/
I understand you, as I have the same dilemma. I guess I will be building and painting the stuff I have for my Fists and Also focusing on my Orks.
I hope we get a 8ed transition in Horus Heresy...
  • storm666 likes this

#4 Ceadus

Ceadus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 01:34 PM

Now that you mention it, why didn't we ever play a game against each other... :) since we live in the same city/area. You even bought the Gal Vorbak from me, so we can skip the introduction ;) If you want to continue with the Heresy, just write me a PM and we get together for a game or two.

But I can totally understand your decision, my group plays both systems in favor for HH, but with the change to 8th ed we probably start playing 40k more also.

So if you want, hit me up for a game. Even for some 8th edition fun.

#5 niftyvt

niftyvt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 540 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 13 June 2017 - 02:01 PM

I probably wont be playing any Heresy until it switches to 8th either. But its not stopping me from keeping my Dark Mech, Blood Angels, and Knight build/paint threads going. B) Even my Primaris marines will be making an appearance in my Blood Angels thread. Even if the next black book is based on 7th rules I still plan on getting it for the Blood Angels and Dark Mech fluff!

#6 Alaric

Alaric

Resident Dickhead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 02:45 PM

Cya man

#7 Ripper.McGuirl

Ripper.McGuirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,393 posts
  • LocationRogues Island, USA

Posted 13 June 2017 - 03:05 PM

I get where you're coming from, but there's no need to give up on the awesome stuff going on here! I plan to just a couple small things to my heresy armies that'll let me use them in the 40k list, which I basically can do already. Once the FW books come out, it'll be even easier. This is still going to be where all the awesome projects get done, and the people on this forum are of a higher quality than any game forum or group I've ever been on in the 23 years I've been doing this, going all the way back to the first AOL message board that GW had.

But, wherever you go, and whatever game you play, I hope you have a great time!

• storm666 and betrayer41 like this

MASTER OF SIGNALS IS PULLING THE STRINGS/ DROPPING THE BOMBS AND WRECKING YOUR THINGS

My Alpha Legion Thread | My Salamander Thread

#8 Grieux

Grieux

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 03:52 PM

Take care mate but you could also keep doing the Legion and just make it be chaos marines in 40k?
  • storm666 and m0nolith like this

#9 Durfast

Durfast

Ordo Moderatus

• Moderators
  • 3,259 posts
  • LocationOdense, Denmark

Posted 13 June 2017 - 03:57 PM

Sorry to hear this, but I'd hope to see you back once we're through this transition period  :D

• storm666 likes this
Beware, blog may also contain historical figures!
http://jannersjaunt.blogspot.dk

#10 kijamon

kijamon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 04:52 PM

Most of our mob are happy with 30k staying for now but some are going to move to 40k.

My armies are massive but most of it is 40k compatible, can't you just switch it?

#11 mwnciboo

mwnciboo

Forgelord of the Iron Xth, in the Webserver updating your Noosph

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,841 posts
  • LocationCardiff

Posted 13 June 2017 - 05:11 PM

I have a feeling you will be back :)

NOBODY JUMPS OFF THE HERESY TRAIN
  • Durfast likes this

"RAD Grenades, RAD Grenades on everything you possibly can....."

#12 Penddraig

Penddraig

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,501 posts
  • LocationArlesey, Bedfordshire

Posted 13 June 2017 - 05:31 PM

You'll be back.

Keep popping in, I have a feeling this forum will develop its own brand of 8th ed. Heresy until FW eventually shifts to the new edition as well as continue to support the official 7th ed. version. There is still the fluff talk, projects and even Raglan sharing his unique look on the hobby.

We'll keep the seat (screen) warm.
  • storm666, Durfast, TinBane and 1 other like this
'Let us speak now of the death of kings...' - Richard II
Sons of Horus 131st Company "The Kingslayers" http://aus30k.com/30...itle=L-XVI-3752
'Better to reign in Hell then serve in Heaven!' - John Milton, Paradise Lost
'What is it about my leadership that makes you think I tolerate failure?' - Ezekyle Abaddon, Black Legion

#13 firstsilentprophet

firstsilentprophet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 758 posts
  • LocationAuckland, Eastern Australia

Posted 13 June 2017 - 07:56 PM

When going thru hell, just keep going. See you on the other side.

"We are the greatest humans ever born – we are the flame of Humanity where the rest of the galaxy is just the spark. In centuries of warfare, against the vileness of the alien, the lies of the heretic, the foulness of the mutant, I have never known fear –" Sanguinius in the battle for Terra.

#14 m0nolith

m0nolith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts
  • LocationVancouver, Canada

Posted 13 June 2017 - 09:14 PM

Take care mate but you could also keep doing the Legion and just make it be chaos marines in 40k?

Yeah, why can't you do this?
I plan on running my BA with using the 8th ed Blood Angels rules, simply with a lot of relic vehicles (just need to paint a chaplain or techmarine).
The rules for a lot of FW vehicles are out there after all.

Formerly known as Proximo

gallery_86352_12089_1713.jpg

Instagram : m0nolith_

#15 Frag

Frag

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 09:40 PM

Shame dude! If it wasn't for friends playing HH I'm sure I would be melting resin models right now. Just enjoy what you enjoy, be it models, painting, games, fluff. Enjoyment is the most important thing ;)

#16 Dibdab666

Dibdab666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • LocationNottingham

Posted 13 June 2017 - 10:43 PM

shame to see you go 

but stay with the forum

stay with 30k

encourage the group to embrace 30k using 8th ed using house rules

#17 storm666

storm666

Jens Rosemann

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,580 posts
  • LocationEssen, Germany

Posted 14 June 2017 - 05:12 AM

Thanks guys! I'll keep my WB and I'll play them as (Chaos) Space Marines in 40k ;) And I'm starting a BA army currently though I'm using quite a lot 40k stuff for them.

When FW turns to 8th I'll be back. Until then I'll be more the silent reader on here.

PS: Still hoping FW will release 8th edition rules for the Custodes stuff in 40k. Would love to play my Caladius or my contemptor variants.

"All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth."

- Lorgar Aurelian, Primarch of the Word Bearers Legion, Chosen of Chaos Undivided and Bearer of the Word

#18 Raktus

Raktus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 06:18 AM

At our local meta, we have decided to do both! why you might say?

We said why not. 8th, is looking very good and shiny, but I promise you that it will suffer the same as AoS. Power creep will happen with new releases (its how GW promotes new stuff), and tbh we all know 7th to the core of our bones by now. So we decided to go with both :-)

Btw, Ive tried a test game in 8th now, and it is very smooth!

Anywho, sad to see you :-( 

#19 MajorNese

MajorNese

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts
  • LocationPaderborn, Germany

Posted 15 June 2017 - 09:58 AM

Well, to a certain degree, the same happens here. My Alphas lost swing after cracking the 10k mark, and HH staying 7th definitely shelfs them for the forseeable future. I'm not saying goodbye to the forum as it is still a better atmoshere than most forums and quite high painting/modeling standard, but without investment into current HH topics, activity will decrease.

Which brings me back to a question...I know people here enjoy staying HH only and hating GW, but a sub forum for 40k army projects/painting-modeling-blogs would at least keep activity up of those who end up on the other side of the edition split. And some of that stuff might be interesting (modeling and painting wise) for the heresy faction. I know I'll spend most of my effort on my 40k Raptors and AdMech, which will receive a lot of FW goodness once the index books hit, but none of that will be playable as heresy.

Luck favors the prepared.

#20 Mike French

Mike French

Ordo Moderatus

• Moderators
  • 11,386 posts
  • LocationSalisbury, Wiltshie, UK

Posted 15 June 2017 - 11:15 AM

I'd rather not dilute the forum with 40k. I'm sure someone could set up a 40k version of this forum and invite people to join. I'd be keen to keep this 30k only.

I came to (and stayed with) this forum because it was 30k only. I wouldn't have looked if it was mixed with 40k. I doubt I'd hang around if it changed either. I wouldn't want the 40k crowd here. Let them have the other forums.
  • Khaine20, Gizur and Whiskey_Irish like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users