#1 Ironfang

Ironfang

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 06:59 PM

Hi all,

This may have already be discussed so apologies

If a speaker of the dead is able to take a unit of Deathsworn instead of a command squad, then does this mean he is free to be deployed separately from the Deathsworn and with another unit?

#2 Mike French

Mike French

Ordo Moderatus

• Moderators
  • 11,102 posts
  • LocationSalisbury, Wiltshie, UK

Posted 11 June 2017 - 07:25 PM

Afraid not bud. He is a part of that unit for deployment.

#3 Natanael

Natanael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,481 posts
  • LocationLund, Sweden

Posted 19 June 2017 - 10:14 AM

Wait, what? No. The Praetor is not bound to go with the command squad, and neither is the Speaker. The speaker, and the praetor, are ICs. It just means that you may take a squad of deathsworn that takes up the same HQ slot as the speaker. It says quite clearly in the red book (regular army list book) that they (praetor and command squad) dont have to be deployed together (p. 27). Have I missed something that makes a difference for Speaker and Deathsworn?

#4 Mike French

Mike French

Ordo Moderatus

• Moderators
  • 11,102 posts
  • LocationSalisbury, Wiltshie, UK

Posted 19 June 2017 - 09:52 PM

Wait, what? No. The Praetor is not bound to go with the command squad, and neither is the Speaker. The speaker, and the praetor, are ICs. It just means that you may take a squad of deathsworn that takes up the same HQ slot as the speaker. It says quite clearly in the red book (regular army list book) that they (praetor and command squad) dont have to be deployed together (p. 27). Have I missed something that makes a difference for Speaker and Deathsworn?

I guess I'm wrong then. I was under the impression that they have to start the game together as the praetor begins the game as part of that unit and can't leave the unit until after they have deployed on the table.

#5 Natanael

Natanael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,481 posts
  • LocationLund, Sweden

Posted 22 June 2017 - 08:08 AM

Yeah, there are some units that work like that, but the command squad is not one of them. I think it's only special chars (Zardu + bladeslaves) and maybe some militia guys that have the rule that they may not leave the unit later. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users