#1 The Native

The Native

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationAuckland, New Zealand

Posted 19 May 2017 - 02:48 AM

In my opinion I think we have the best "generic" Terminators in the game. We have a great array of options available to equip them from Storm Shields to Assault Cannons to Teleportation Transponders.

I wanted to start this topic to discuss tactics, load outs, delivery systems and overall strategy.

Currently I have a squad of 5 Tartaros armed with 3 power fists, 2 chain fists, 4 combi bolters and a Plasma Blaster. 

I typically play with a group of friends and we have a meta that has very few vehicles (currently) so 90% of the time I deep strike them. I've just picked up another 5 Tartaros and I'm still trying to decide whether to run a big squad of 10 or two squads of 5.  A big squad gives them resiliency and hitting power. Two smaller squads gives me more flexibility as well as two scoring units.

Interested to see how other people run their Terminators.

• JefferyIncaf likes this

#2 Raktus

Raktus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 06:33 AM

I very much agree with you that we have the best generic terminators. I think that they are outperforming the EC phoenix terminators by miles. In general they are actually better than most of the legion specifics too due to the shields if you measure them one to one I would say.

Im currently building me a squad too. Its 10 man with SS and hammers. It just looks to good with the new shields imo to not do it.

Im having trouble understanding what the idea is behind the assault cannon. I always build my units with one single purpose in mind, and if I was to add the assault cannon I would feel that my squad would be somewhat schizophrenic as the assault cannon wants to shoot as much as possible at a range, while the rest will want to get in close and personal. Therefore I leave the shooting to other guys that would probably do a better job (heavy support squad with volkites spring to mind). The swiss army-knife never really works for me.

I will currently be deep striking them, or perhaps get a spartan for them so they can ride in glorious style!

/J

#3 mwnciboo

mwnciboo

Forgelord of the Iron Xth, in the Webserver updating your Noosph

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,836 posts
  • LocationCardiff

Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:04 AM

I think this is about to change with the advent of 8th Edition so don't model your dudes now, give it a few weeks :)  The entire meta, pro's and con's will change. 

"RAD Grenades, RAD Grenades on everything you possibly can....."

#4 Raktus

Raktus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:16 AM

tbh I dont care what will happen. A yellow marine with a large shield and big hammer is to iconic for me to not make it!

#5 mwnciboo

mwnciboo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,836 posts
  • LocationCardiff

Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:36 AM

tbh I dont care what will happen. A yellow marine with a large shield and big hammer is to iconic for me to not make it!

True, but I get pissed when I build and paint a marine, only for 2 weeks later the rules change and his previous solid and decent weapon basically becomes a tickle stick. These things aren't cheap, and chopping up an already painted one is a pain in the rear.

• Raktus likes this

#6 Frag

Frag

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 11:30 AM

8th Edition... Play how you like ;) That's what i'm gunning for!

#7 Frag

Frag

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 11:37 AM

I think in terms of fluff.. it's shields and hammers... perhaps a cata selection of termies with heavy weapons for a mix?

#8 The Native

The Native

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 06:26 PM

Well they've just given us a tease on how close combat weapons work in 8th Edition - https://www.warhamme...omepage-post-4/

#9 mwnciboo

mwnciboo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,836 posts
  • LocationCardiff

Posted 19 May 2017 - 07:52 PM

Well they've just given us a tease on how close combat weapons work in 8th Edition - https://www.warhamme...omepage-post-4/

Chainswords on tactical squads will be awesome, think of the volume of attacks,

#10 The Native

The Native

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 04:32 AM

Chainswords on Vets as well. I wonder if they'll be giving an extra attack for two close combat weapons as well?

#11 darkjedi203

darkjedi203

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 12:44 PM

5 Indomitus Termies- 4 with TH/SS and one with HF/TH in a land raider.

It's a classic and hasn't let me down in 10,000 years.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users