57 replies to this topic

#41 Maarten

Maarten

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 11:23 PM

Any word on potential sponsons?

Since the FW MK IIB sponsons are crimes against mankind (to assemble, they look gorgeous.) I'm considering it. 

#42 Mike French

Mike French

Ordo Moderatus

• Moderators
  • 10,924 posts
  • LocationSalisbury, Wiltshie, UK

Posted 02 June 2017 - 09:18 AM

I much prefer the side sponsons on the proteus, Spartan, Typhon, preds etc. They just seem to suit heresy a lot better IMO. All vehicles have a similar aesthetic that way. Would there be any potential assault ramp conversion kit for the Proteus? This would solve all problems.
  • Gizur likes this

#43 Maarten

Maarten

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 07:56 PM

I much prefer the side sponsons on the proteus, Spartan, Typhon, preds etc. They just seem to suit heresy a lot better IMO. All vehicles have a similar aesthetic that way. Would there be any potential assault ramp conversion kit for the Proteus? This would solve all problems.

I've been thinking about a spartan style sponson for the Land raider too. Maybe I'll come up with something that works.
Assault ramp on the proteus would be hard to pull off without making it look weird. I'd be happy to model it for whoever buys me a proteus, but there's no way I'm going to buy one myself.

#44 ThousandWolves

ThousandWolves

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 10:02 PM

Since the FW MK IIB sponsons are crimes against mankind (to assemble, they look gorgeous.) I'm considering it.

Excellent!

#45 rudijetz

rudijetz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,086 posts
  • LocationVancouver, Canada

Posted 03 June 2017 - 02:19 AM

The assault ramp on the proteus is not that hard.  Even I was able to do a reasonable job of it:

med_gallery_25_24_55889.jpg

There is an old thread on how I did it (pretty easy):  http://heresy30k.inv...eus/?hl=proteus

#46 Maarten

Maarten

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 03:19 PM

Well, there you have it people, the plastic parts fit on the proteus so there's no reason for me to model up new ones.

My main fear would be that the drivewheels were attached to the sides and would block the ramp, but it looks like that isn't a problem.

#47 louwie616

louwie616

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationThe Hague, Netherlands

Posted 04 June 2017 - 10:28 AM

Can you tell us what the expected time line is for this kit?

#48 Maarten

Maarten

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 09:20 PM

Another month, maybe? Newest version is being printed this week and with a bit of luck will be there by friday. Then it comes down to modifying the existing parts to work with the newest version and we will be all set.

For those wondering what the newest version entails: I originally had the front and rear most road wheels on the bottom slightly offset from the axles that are on the land raider model. This meant that the new tracks wouldn't lift the land raider too much. Didn't look as good as expected and so the 3.0 version has them aligned with the axles, adding about 3-4mm to the height. Over all you can expect your land raiders to get considerably taller with this kit.

• littlemen and niftyvt like this

#49 niftyvt

niftyvt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 04 June 2017 - 09:42 PM

This sounds fantastic!

Another month, maybe? Newest version is being printed this week and with a bit of luck will be there by friday. Then it comes down to modifying the existing parts to work with the newest version and we will be all set.

For those wondering what the newest version entails: I originally had the front and rear most road wheels on the bottom slightly offset from the axles that are on the land raider model. This meant that the new tracks wouldn't lift the land raider too much. Didn't look as good as expected and so the 3.0 version has them aligned with the axles, adding about 3-4mm to the height. Over all you can expect your land raiders to get considerably taller with this kit.

#50 Maarten

Maarten

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 10:48 PM

s1EOwQd.jpg

Last update!

Everything is finally done, just a little while longer while B&S preps the parts for casting and then you'll all finally get to enjoy the wonder that is my design.
  • chopper008 likes this

#51 FigurativelyArtistic

FigurativelyArtistic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 June 2017 - 07:25 AM

I love you for doing this. It looks awesome! I hate you for doing this: I built the track assemblies for my two custom Spartans based on the blood and skulls kit a couple years ago. XD

#52 Mordian7th

Mordian7th

Ordo Moderatus

• Moderators
  • 5,511 posts
  • LocationBoulder, CO USA

Posted 18 June 2017 - 01:59 PM

Fantastic! Really looking forward to getting my mitts on the kits!

Mordian 7th Regiment - Polluting the blogosphere since 0.273.009/M03 ;)

#53 niftyvt

niftyvt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 18 June 2017 - 04:40 PM

Yep, I need a new (aka 4th) landraider!

#54 Maarten

Maarten

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 05:46 PM

I love you for doing this. It looks awesome! I hate you for doing this: I built the track assemblies for my two custom Spartans based on the blood and skulls kit a couple years ago. XD

Sounds like it's time for some new Land Raiders mate.

Fantastic! Really looking forward to getting my mitts on the kits!

and I look forward to seeing them painted up by you.

Now for a future products, would anybody be interested in a conversion set that would turn the land raider into a sort of SPG/tank hunter with the left half of the hull taken up by 1/2 big weapon mounts? With a plug piece to allow it to mount 2 small or 1 medium weapon instead. Think achilles/venator, but with the option to run it with twin linked guns too. With proper magnetization it could be almost any variant you could think of.

#55 Falkenthal

Falkenthal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt, Germany

Posted 18 June 2017 - 07:39 PM

Sounds interesting, nur beside that Achilles conversion I can't imagine a usefull one.
Maybe it would be better to concentrate in new MKIIb-like sponsons or something else for other kits?

Maybe something for the Rhino chassis like
the damocles?

gallery_4796_309_24698.jpg

#56 siv3art

siv3art

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 04:11 PM

Any update on the mk1.5 conversion kit?

#57 Maarten

Maarten

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 12:55 AM

Any update on the mk1.5 conversion kit?

Dude the last update was 2 days ago. Final version is printed, caster has the parts and is preparing them for molds. Should be done by the end of the month.

• siv3art likes this

#58 Mordian7th

Mordian7th

Ordo Moderatus

• Moderators
  • 5,511 posts
  • LocationBoulder, CO USA

Posted 21 June 2017 - 10:59 AM

Haha! Sounds like it's going to be a hot seller, just put in an order for a pair of mk.IIb's in anticipation m'self. Awesome work, man!

Mordian 7th Regiment - Polluting the blogosphere since 0.273.009/M03 ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users