52 replies to this topic

#1 Loken

Loken

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 448 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, California, USA

Posted 11 May 2017 - 03:48 AM

This changes things dramatically for some weapons.  Land Raiders became better.  Spartans, oh yeah.

Lots of weapons got much better.  What are you excited about?

HH-21.jpg

#2 Imalu55

Imalu55

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 04:27 AM

definitely makes land raiders better. especially with d6 per shot. also makes certain mortis varieties supper cool. 16 shot mortis volkite or 8 shot autocannons.

im dying to know about damage though. if it rolls over to other models like AoS

#3 Spudasaurous

Spudasaurous

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 04:27 AM

Spartans now become a genuine threat to kinghts and scout titans. 8 x S9 D6 wounds with a -3 save modifier. Pretty high potential to crank out 20 or 30 wounds a shooting phase.

#4 Relentless

Relentless

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 552 posts
  • LocationBristol

Posted 11 May 2017 - 06:48 AM

But they can also be used against your Spartan so it might not be on the table for long

#5 MajorNese

MajorNese

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationPaderborn, Germany

Posted 11 May 2017 - 06:49 AM

Twin-linked does double shots, and combi weapons can be fired infinitely WHILE firing the bolter too...holy guacamole. Now the humble and usually overpriced Land Raider becomes truly dangerous, at 4 shots lascannon and 6 heavy bolters. Which now reduce terminator/power armour, instead of just saying "AP4, who cares?". Hell, a Fire Raptor with 12 HB shots at -1 rend per side sponson become unparalleled lawnmowers. Hopefully the infantry will have some way to survive all the lead going downrange, because most weapons just became a lot scarier than before. Unless you play badly armoured units like guardsmen, who don't get saves against most stuff anyway.

im dying to know about damage though. if it rolls over to other models like AoS

Has been written in an earlier article, discussing the lascannon. Damage won't spill over, as they wrote all the damage will be wasted on single-wound models.

Luck favors the prepared.

#6 Kardayel

Kardayel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 07:10 AM

the Falchion and the Fellblade will become really painfull...

• PastelAvenger likes this

#7 storm666

storm666

Jens Rosemann

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts
  • LocationEssen, Germany

Posted 11 May 2017 - 07:15 AM

Hopefully the infantry will have some way to survive all the lead going downrange, because most weapons just became a lot scarier than before. Unless you play badly armoured units like guardsmen, who don't get saves against most stuff anyway.

AFAIK the new edition was being developed with the intend to make the game faster. So maybe that is one of those aspects: Infantry will melt away under tanks like Predators, Land Raiders, etc.

And what is missing are any indications for points. Maybe the good old Land Raider is now twice a pricey as before or infantry is a lot cheaper.

• Alaric likes this

"All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth."

- Lorgar Aurelian, Primarch of the Word Bearers Legion, Chosen of Chaos Undivided and Bearer of the Word

#8 Raglan

Raglan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,995 posts
  • LocationMonmouthshire

Posted 11 May 2017 - 07:24 AM

the Falchion and the Fellblade will become really painfull...

......and they weren't previously?  

#9 MajorNese

MajorNese

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationPaderborn, Germany

Posted 11 May 2017 - 07:35 AM

And what is missing are any indications for points. Maybe the good old Land Raider is now twice a pricey as before or infantry is a lot cheaper.

Of course, without points, special rules and the like, we don't know anything for sure. We'll only see once the codexes are out.

Luck favors the prepared.

#10 mwnciboo

mwnciboo

Forgelord of the Iron Xth, in the Webserver updating your Noosph

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,820 posts
  • LocationCardiff

Posted 11 May 2017 - 10:21 AM

Spartans now become a genuine threat to kinghts and scout titans. 8 x S9 D6 wounds with a -3 save modifier. Pretty high potential to crank out 20 or 30 wounds a shooting phase.

Flyers are about to get Fucked.....Combi-Weapons on Everything!

LANDRAIDER PROTEUS - 200pts worth of face wrecking goodness!

Autocannon Predators, meh....Autocannon Contemptors, bye bye KHERES there's a new kid in town...Also Sicaran's....Tell me they get more shots, please.

"RAD Grenades, RAD Grenades on everything you possibly can....."

#11 Mounty_chris

Mounty_chris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts
  • LocationBristol

Posted 11 May 2017 - 10:36 AM

May need to consider how hard it will be to swap my fire raptors autocannons for quad heavy bolters... 

#12 Spudasaurous

Spudasaurous

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 11:15 AM

I'm interested to see how flyers go but some are looking even deadlier. A xiphon now has four lascannons that should hit on a 2+ with strafing run (assuming BS5 becomes 2+) thats a pretty crazy tank hunter when combined with the rotary missile launcher.

Reaper auto cannons are now way better too!

#13 Spinny

Spinny

I didn't know you could change this...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,385 posts
  • LocationReading, UK

Posted 11 May 2017 - 03:01 PM

I'm definitely thinking volkite contemptors may be looking more likely in my AL army when I expand it!

#14 DireRadiant

DireRadiant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 12:27 AM

All this is speculating that weapon profiles will remain the same when the rules change. Which they almost certainly will not do. Or maybe each land raider will cost 500 points to go with their new power.
  • bluecthulhu likes this

#15 Imalu55

Imalu55

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 06:49 AM

ease up buzzkill

#16 Anamnesis

Anamnesis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 12 May 2017 - 09:00 AM

Flyers are about to get Fucked.....Combi-Weapons on Everything!

LANDRAIDER PROTEUS - 200pts worth of face wrecking goodness!

Autocannon Predators, meh....Autocannon Contemptors, bye bye KHERES there's a new kid in town...Also Sicaran's....Tell me they get more shots, please.

mother_of_god___png_by_fershh01-d4x4pik.

12 sicaran autocannon shot without counting the other weapons..

Now on instagramm ! https://www.instagra...anamnesis_corp/

My VI legion plog Vlka Fenryka

#17 PastelAvenger

PastelAvenger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts
  • LocationManchester

Posted 12 May 2017 - 10:03 AM

May need to consider how hard it will be to swap my fire raptors autocannons for quad heavy bolters...

A Reaper Autocannon Battery would get 8 shots if it keeps its profile of shots. I mag'ed them but I'm still standing by the RAB

#18 Spudasaurous

Spudasaurous

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 11:25 AM

All this is speculating that weapon profiles will remain the same when the rules change. Which they almost certainly will not do. Or maybe each land raider will cost 500 points to go with their new power.

From talking to my local GW guy it sounds like the whole intention if for the game to become deadlier and and by extension faster.

#19 mwnciboo

mwnciboo

Forgelord of the Iron Xth, in the Webserver updating your Noosph

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,820 posts
  • LocationCardiff

Posted 14 May 2017 - 07:45 PM

Deadlier is both good and bad, bad luck will be much more damaging e.g one bad roll and your X unit is gone...The opposite being true. It exponentialises the luck in terms of damage.
  • Fiest likes this

"RAD Grenades, RAD Grenades on everything you possibly can....."

#20 Fiest

Fiest

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 09:22 PM

Deadlier is both good and bad, bad luck will be much more damaging e.g one bad roll and your X unit is gone...The opposite being true. It exponentialises the luck in terms of damage.

Exactly. Sure you're doubling the shots but you're also lose the reliability of the reroll - same average damage but greater potential damage

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users